Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
What kind of price are you getting it at. I am in iraq as well, coming home in september. Does it really quality for a sales tax exemption? I live in syracuse. Yes if that is the case you save $5,000 on sales tax. I would have had to wait until January if i did military sales, but then i would have had no car when i returned. :-( I didn't realize i was going to iraq when i put down a deposit on the car. so i put down a deposit back in august of 07 for spring of 08.. but.. i took an assignment in iraq.. and delayed it until september.. i didn't know about military sales until i got over here

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay. so i did a little research... I am not military .. just a wonderful civil servant... (DOD civilian who is deployed). I still have to pay sales tax.. and cannot defer it. so i found i only save $2,000 to get it through military sales. and then i don't have a car to come home to.. so i said forget it :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh, for sales tax exemption for military in ny you have to be living outside of new york while being a resident. There is no sales tax exemption for purchasing it overseas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.