Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy had one of the new car mags (Road and Track I believe it was) and they had a blurb on the A5 w/ manual tranny. Car got great reviews (of course) but what really surprised me was that the 0-60 time they achieved. According to R & T, their 0-60 time was a blazing 5.5 seconds as opposed to the factory quoted 5.8! Does that seem right? When I test drove the A5, I didn't get on it all the way because traffic was heavy. Just looking for your thoughts.

In other news, I found out my '09 delivery that was quoted for early fall '08 was now pushed out until March '09. I'm filled with chagrin. . . yet the car will be worth the wait. That I am sure of!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Interesting news about the acceleration. I haven't timed it myself yet. Now that I'm past the break-in period, maybe I'll have to use VAG-COM's 0-60 timer to check my own.

As far as the March delivery date...are you serious? And are you totally set on the dealer you've chosen? Because I can guarantee that if you're willing to travel into PA or OH, you'd easily be able to get one in the fall. As far as I can tell, the only people who wait more than the usual 3 months for an A5 live in NY and CA and aren't willing to travel for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I'm coming home form Iraq and buying through a military seller. Plus, purchasing from over here qualifies me for sales tax exemption. For the price I'm getting it at, I gotta wait!

Let me know when you test the car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What kind of price are you getting it at. I am in iraq as well, coming home in september. Does it really quality for a sales tax exemption? I live in syracuse. Yes if that is the case you save $5,000 on sales tax. I would have had to wait until January if i did military sales, but then i would have had no car when i returned. :-( I didn't realize i was going to iraq when i put down a deposit on the car. so i put down a deposit back in august of 07 for spring of 08.. but.. i took an assignment in iraq.. and delayed it until september.. i didn't know about military sales until i got over here

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay. so i did a little research... I am not military .. just a wonderful civil servant... (DOD civilian who is deployed). I still have to pay sales tax.. and cannot defer it. so i found i only save $2,000 to get it through military sales. and then i don't have a car to come home to.. so i said forget it :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh, for sales tax exemption for military in ny you have to be living outside of new york while being a resident. There is no sales tax exemption for purchasing it overseas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True, the exemption only applies if your living out of state, but have a home in another state. Believe me, there is plenty of paperwork required because the government wants to get theirs. The place where I got mine through you can find by going to the audi site and clicking on the discount link and then clicking on military personnel. I'm only paying $700 over the invoice price- that is, according to consumer reports.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
lol at you guys a whole .3 ( what is that, a blink of an eye ??) of a second and you excited as some kid at Christmas !!! Quick time though. And yeah ok if my car recorded a 4.8 I'd be right up myself...;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.