LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12th March 2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Garage
RS5 Honeycomb Grille

hey,
so i have set my sights on a new grille, the question is which do i get and more importantly from where? The car is Ibis white and black grille would seem to be appropriate, but whenever i see rs5 and that chrome style grille it just pulls me in like nothing else. Opinions on the colour black vs chrome???
I was gonna use xenonz and get one from them, but they havent got the chrome one, just the chrome surround...
Any recommendations as to where can i get a decent one except ebay as there seems to be lack of sites selling them under 200 obviously except ebay and ali...
Thanks in advance!

S5 3.0T Quattro Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Ibis White 3G+MMI Nav, B&O, DAB, Bluetooth, AMI, 20" Gloss Black 7 Double Spokes, Elec. Folding & Auto Dim Mem Mirrors, Cruise Control, Black Leather Heated Electric Memory Seats, Xenon Plus & LED DRL's, High Beam Assist, Parking System Advanced, Panoramic Sunroof, Tinted Windows
post #2 of 15 Old 12th March 2019, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3me View Post
hey,

so i have set my sights on a new grille, the question is which do i get and more importantly from where? The car is Ibis white and black grille would seem to be appropriate, but whenever i see rs5 and that chrome style grille it just pulls me in like nothing else. Opinions on the colour black vs chrome???

I was gonna use xenonz and get one from them, but they havent got the chrome one, just the chrome surround...

Any recommendations as to where can i get a decent one except ebay as there seems to be lack of sites selling them under 200 obviously except ebay and ali...

Thanks in advance!

I am in exactly the same boat, except my Sport Back is black. Happy with the chrome strips here and there on my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2011 S5 V6 3.0T. My First AUDI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlueSpark ModChip - 380HP
500NM Torque.
DCT
post #3 of 15 Old 12th March 2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnBoy View Post
I am in exactly the same boat, except my Sport Back is black. Happy with the chrome strips here and there on my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
imho black looks really good, in your case it would give you sort of murdered look which sometimes is maybe a bit too much, but in mine black and white goes really well together, but the chrome looks just better for some reason... what i'm more concerned about is that it might start flaking due to wear and in time will look scruffy, but really dont want to spend something stupid like 700 on oem...

S5 3.0T Quattro Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Ibis White 3G+MMI Nav, B&O, DAB, Bluetooth, AMI, 20" Gloss Black 7 Double Spokes, Elec. Folding & Auto Dim Mem Mirrors, Cruise Control, Black Leather Heated Electric Memory Seats, Xenon Plus & LED DRL's, High Beam Assist, Parking System Advanced, Panoramic Sunroof, Tinted Windows
post #4 of 15 Old 13th March 2019, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'm so tired of the black murdered-out look (usually with blacked out wheels and window trim...ugh). Love my titanium gray RS5 style grille. Just got the fog light grilles to match, paint's still drying on them. I think a full chrome grille might be a bit much since it's so big, but I can't recall the last time I saw one so I'm not sure. Mine is an OEM grille that a PO put on at great expense so I can't recommend a source.
post #5 of 15 Old 17th March 2019, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
well after a lenghty research i can honestly say that there is no one in uk that actually stock full chrome grille, few places do the chrome surround, but cant find anyone at all with the full chrome and might i say that after quite a bit of consideration i think i might just go with the black finish, the question now is whether to go to someone like xenonz and order something that is branded and most likely you wont get any crap from or just order one from china and possibly month later you will be looking at similar thing

post #6 of 15 Old 22nd March 2019, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Garage
Just my honest opinion - don't mess around with cheap alternatives . I did not mess around when I got mine xenon UK are pretty damn good and fit like a glove so that's what I bought. .
Yes I could of got 1 cheaper , but why would I want to take the chance that it might not fit as good. The gloss black grill also still looks shiny even when the rest of the car is dirty

If everything seems to be 'under control',your not driving fast enough

Last edited by Redline_dtm1; 22nd March 2019 at 10:48 PM.
post #7 of 15 Old 24th March 2019, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
There are these guys out of California that are supposed to have good customer service but I don't know how shipping would work for you.

I can't link but search EMDAuto
post #8 of 15 Old 24th March 2019, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Garage
I wonder where the resellers get their stock from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 S5 V6 3.0T. My First AUDI.

BlueSpark ModChip - 380HP
500NM Torque.
DCT
post #9 of 15 Old 25th March 2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline_dtm1 View Post
Just my honest opinion - don't mess around with cheap alternatives . I did not mess around when I got mine xenon UK are pretty damn good and fit like a glove so that's what I bought. .
Yes I could of got 1 cheaper , but why would I want to take the chance that it might not fit as good. The gloss black grill also still looks shiny even when the rest of the car is dirty
Agree with you completely, the only reason i would go cheap end if the grille would be of a similar finish and cost half of the price, which there is one or two like that on ebay, but the worst thing is that sellers cant understand two words in English and are not prepared to use translator either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnBoy View Post
I wonder where the resellers get their stock from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think major part of them will be made in the same factories except the few in between, obviously prices will differ just due to profit margins that sellers want to get.
Our company get quite a bit of stock from China and as well as majority of our other suppliers and all of the stocks are done/printed in same factories due to prices and quality so im pretty sure this will be no different

post #10 of 15 Old 25th March 2019, 03:44 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)

Garage
Are you after pre or post face-lift? I'm looking at stocking these, just curious as to what the demand is like.

Retrofits & Aftermarket cosmetic & performance (soon) parts for Audi vehicles.
WhatsApp: +447926601145 Web:
Email:
post #11 of 15 Old 25th March 2019, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngolWorks - Eamonn View Post
Are you after pre or post face-lift? I'm looking at stocking these, just curious as to what the demand is like.
mine's a facelift, as far as i can see there is only one ebay seller that has these in the whole uk, probably near enough whole europe, the only thing is that it's a salvage yard so it can be anything you believe it can be, but from my search thre's not many people who does the chrome ones full stop and i think you would get more people looking for the facelift now, only the pre-facelift s5's would be interested in one, as the pre-facelift a5's are on the cheaper side so nearly anyone can buy the car and the mod for that reason
and btw wtf is ingolworks?

post #12 of 15 Old 25th March 2019, 02:52 PM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3me View Post
mine's a facelift, as far as i can see there is only one ebay seller that has these in the whole uk, probably near enough whole europe, the only thing is that it's a salvage yard so it can be anything you believe it can be, but from my search thre's not many people who does the chrome ones full stop and i think you would get more people looking for the facelift now, only the pre-facelift s5's would be interested in one, as the pre-facelift a5's are on the cheaper side so nearly anyone can buy the car and the mod for that reason

and btw wtf is ingolworks?
The suppliers I checked had nothing in full chrome for PFL, but one variant in stock for FL.

IngolWorks is my little shop wot sells bits n bobs for A5s and stuff. That and a platform to launch the dynamic light adaptation service we've got brewing.

Email:
post #13 of 15 Old 26th March 2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngolWorks - Eamonn View Post
The suppliers I checked had nothing in full chrome for PFL, but one variant in stock for FL.

IngolWorks is my little shop wot sells bits n bobs for A5s and stuff. That and a platform to launch the dynamic light adaptation service we've got brewing.
Happy days! 😉
Its a bummer that they're nowhere available in chrome, have you had any samples from your suppliers yet? Just to compare against competition? And how about the prices? 🙂

post #14 of 15 Old 26th March 2019, 10:08 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
No samples yet, because they're so much bigger to ship and comparatively costly I haven't ordered any yet. Doesn't help that there's 15 trillion variations what with some having parking sensors, some not, some with Audi rings, some with a backing bar, some with a bar for the "QUATTRO" logo, some with license plate brackets, long or short plates, the list goes on.

Maybe a week or two after the shop opens sales and a little cash comes in I might order a handful of these grilles. I'll send you a PM if/when I get one you might like. Best guess is pricing would be somewhere hopefully on the lower end of the 150-300 range depending on a gazillion different factors. Looking at Xenonz' offering, it might be worth poking them directly to see if they either have one in full chrome, or simply painting, I imagine it won't be too hard to get something close to factory chrome on the honeycomb parts.

Email:
post #15 of 15 Old 27th March 2019, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Very true, there are tons of them around, i think the main thing is quality and the price if you can get them both right you're laughing, as for the different variations, the ones that have sensor brackets will most of times be removable, license plates only have to come in euro style as there are some for us market and the last thing is finish which i think majority of people go with gloss black, but there are few assholes like me who want chrome also 😄

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List