My SUPERCHARGED V8 coupe - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 26Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 9th October 2018, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
My SUPERCHARGED V8 coupe

Hi all welcome to my build thread, this has been posed elsewere but probable more people interested on this forum! So ive been thinking about doing a build thread for some time now seen as ive got something a bit different but just never really got around to it, now that ive got a bit of free time I might aswell give it a bash

So i bought the car back in april 2016 with a few minor modifications including:
. Milltek exhaust system
. Rieger rear diffuser
. Honeycomb front grill
. REVO Stage 1 remap






Fast forward to early 2017 I began to get accustomed to the power it was producing so I started exploring my options for more power which was of course to supercharge. There were only two supercharger kits that stuck out to me and that was the JHM kit and the TTS kit. After a lot of hours doing my homework I decided the TTS kit was the best option for me as I am from the UK and the cost for getting the JHM kit to the UK with all the import taxes and duty fees was just mental! plus the £ to $ ratio had dramatically dropped due to brexit haha.

So off it went to TTS Performance!
What a difference it made, the power from 3.5k to redline was truly brilliant! No longer shying away from a tuned RS3 now never mind S3

And heres how the engine bay looks now.




Got the Audi R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant cap as I think the R8 one looks too bulky on these cars and got the black screen wash cap. Brings the bay to life I think. Just need to sort out that bland steering fluid cap.

So after a while of spirited driving there was one major thing that needed upgrading.....BRAKES! I was shopping around for a while and had my mind set on getting the REVO BBK and then I was browsing through ebay and BAMM! I saw some RS5 brakes front and rear with discs at an unbelievably cheap price so I snapped them up pronto. Maybe not the best set of brakes out there but for the price i paid i couldnt refuse. Think ill upgrade the pads to Ferodo DS2500 once these are shot.



Fast forward again to 2018. I always adored the look of the RS5 so decided to do something about it.
There was three main options to choose from:

1. OEM RS5 front bumper = too much fabrication work
2. rieger RS5 bumper = just looks wrong from every angle pretty much
3. XENONZ-UK bumper = easy fit, looks good and doesn't effect the side stance of the car (front bumper dramatically lower then the rest of car)

So obviously I went with the 3rd and best option in my opinion.

And here she is!



I just love the way it looks now! just need to close the gaps a tiny bit more on the sides somehow, any ideas? [​IMG]

So that's it for now, hope you enjoy! There is probably a few minor mods ive forgotten but ill update here and there when i have the time! any questions Im happy to answer

Mods coming soon, soonish lol:
. P3 gauge (just needs fitting)
. Flat bottom steering wheel
. Coilovers (looking at getting Eibach pro street S) anyone have any experience with them?
. Alloy wheel refurbish (desperately needed lol)
. Maybe a few more cosmetic mods to the interior and engine bay

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GavS5; 28th March 2019 at 03:10 AM. Reason: disappearing images
GavS5 is offline  
post #2 of 46 Old 11th October 2018, 12:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
 
Garage
Nice one! What power is she putting when?
Any issues with heat and the supercharger?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2008 S5 - APR 1740 SC Kit
RS5 20" rims
KW suspension
Other bits
jnrdavo is offline  
post #3 of 46 Old 12th October 2018, 05:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
 
I have same idea of going with TTS, the amount of power it puts is quite spectacular, not your typical SC with +100hp, and even cheaper than most
nices5 is offline  
post #4 of 46 Old 12th October 2018, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Mr.wreckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Norway
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
 
Nice build Car looks mega!

I have the same front bumper and cannot fault it for neither fitment, material quality and price. I have KW DDC coilovers and love the ride but understand the pockets needs to be deep but nevertheless that's my recommendation.

Keep up the good work

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mr.wreckless is offline  
post #5 of 46 Old 12th October 2018, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnrdavo View Post
Nice one! What power is she putting when?
Any issues with heat and the supercharger?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
It made 498whp and 400wtq on last dyno, up from 260whp cant remember original wtq. never got the print out though so ill have to get it done again at some point. Never had a problem with heat although i did have one scare when i noticed coolant dropping steadily with no visible leak and immediately thought HG but thankfully turned out to be a hairline crack on the waterpump which was only present when the engine was hot lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nices5 View Post
I have same idea of going with TTS, the amount of power it puts is quite spectacular, not your typical SC with +100hp, and even cheaper than most
If you do go down that route id recommend doing a good service and do a compression test just to determine the health of the motor and get any potential niggles sorted before hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wreckless View Post
Nice build Car looks mega!

I have the same front bumper and cannot fault it for neither fitment, material quality and price. I have KW DDC coilovers and love the ride but understand the pockets needs to be deep but nevertheless that's my recommendation.

Keep up the good work
Cheers! yeah its a good bumper for sure, I just have about a 1 maybe 2mm gap where it comes up to the wheel arch, nothing a decent body shop wont be able to sort though. The KW DDC is way out of my price range really haha, Im planning on doing the install myself and the electronic side of the DDC kit would be a living nightmare for me lol. For the amount of driving i do i was thinking of going a bit cheaper ang going with eibach or H&R? just not sure how well the H&Rs would keep up with the salty roads in the north east with them not being stainless steel
SimonRoma likes this.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #6 of 46 Old 12th October 2018, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Mr.wreckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Norway
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
 
KW still have their INOX line of both V1, V2 an V3. V2 will let you set the damping and the shock body is still stainless steel. Not pricey for what you get IMO.

Regards

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mr.wreckless is offline  
post #7 of 46 Old 12th October 2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Okay cool, maybe ill look into it, just depends whether i can get my RS5 rear brakes sold! need more money haha, such an expensive hobby.
Kelvm77 likes this.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #8 of 46 Old 12th October 2018, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Got around to fitting my P3 Multi Gauge the other day, super easy to install and really chuffed with this little mod considering i paid half the price of the RRP



Should have the new steering wheel and transmission insert here next week so hopefully i can get to work on that straight away
SimonRoma and Mr.wreckless like this.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GavS5; 28th March 2019 at 03:11 AM.
GavS5 is offline  
post #9 of 46 Old 13th October 2018, 01:09 AM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
SimonRoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Roma and Amalfi, Italy
Posts: 1,857
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
 
Garage
Blimey she is looking great and with all of those horses to play with I bet that you enjoy yerself!!! Have fun mate!

Simon
Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
3.2 V6 FSI 2WD auto S line.
19" Y spokes with Pirelli P-Zeros.
178,000km. Full leather interior.
Cobra GPS tracker system.
Wheels refurbished in gunmetal grey, bodywork polished, badges removed. Set of Brembo discs and pads fitted and calipers repainted silver. New carbon mirror covers. Replaced all 4 shocks. Fitted dipstick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SimonRoma is offline  
post #10 of 46 Old 13th October 2018, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRoma View Post
Blimey she is looking great and with all of those horses to play with I bet that you enjoy yerself!!! Have fun mate!
Cheers pal! Yeah ill be sure to do just that, still plenty of work to do yet though

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #11 of 46 Old 13th October 2018, 09:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavS5 View Post
If you do go down that route id recommend doing a good service and do a compression test just to determine the health of the motor and get any potential niggles sorted before hand
that goes without a question nice to see your build putting same horsepower as TTS says it should, 600hp is quite impressive. Have you spoke with them about raising boost ? I remember that its limited to 1.0 bar, any info on this from TTS ?
nices5 is offline  
post #12 of 46 Old 13th October 2018, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nices5 View Post
that goes without a question nice to see your build putting same horsepower as TTS says it should, 600hp is quite impressive. Have you spoke with them about raising boost ? I remember that its limited to 1.0 bar, any info on this from TTS ?
I believe the C38 charger is maxed out at 1 bar yes, but im more then happy with the power. There is news of a C38r charger that is compatible with this kit and produces more power but i havent heard much about it or if its even been released yet.

Downpipes seems the way to go to free up a bit more power, but thats a transmission drop jobie.
Kelvm77 likes this.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #13 of 46 Old 13th October 2018, 05:09 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavS5 View Post
I believe the C38 charger is maxed out at 1 bar yes, but im more then happy with the power. There is news of a C38r charger that is compatible with this kit and produces more power but i havent heard much about it or if its even been released yet.

Downpipes seems the way to go to free up a bit more power, but thats a transmission drop jobie.
Interesting news about C38r, will definitely have this in mind. 700hp would be perfect, all the M's would go down easily Got full Stasis exhaust, fresh K&N filter, fresh NGK spark plugs, just need to decide if I should go with SC or go for R8
nices5 is offline  
post #14 of 46 Old 15th October 2018, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
[QUOTE=nices5;1579304]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavS5 View Post

Interesting news about C38r, will definitely have this in mind. 700hp would be perfect, all the M's would go down easily <a href="https://www.a5oc.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" >:-)</a> Got full Stasis exhaust, fresh K&N filter, fresh NGK spark plugs, just need to decide if I should go with SC or go for R8
I believe a TTS s/c S5 is still a lot quicker then the R8 V8 and the early V10s but obviously you can also supercharge or turbo the R8. TTS have a kit for the R8 V8 that punches out 750hp but is capable of a lot more if the engine is strengthened, all depends what you want and how big your wallet is at the end of the day aha.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #15 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Transmission insert arrived yesterday, got around to fitting it today. £25 non-branded from ebay, more than half the price of the 034 motorsport one and no stoop on product quality either if anyone is interested in one give me a shout and ill try get you the sellers details.

Out with the OLD!



And in with the NEW!




Was easy enough to fit, about 5 minutes work! Takes a 10mm triple square bit and needs torquing to 20nm. "excuse crappy photo"

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GavS5; 28th March 2019 at 03:12 AM.
GavS5 is offline  
post #16 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 12:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
 
This thread is seriously not helping my bank account.... good effort there fella....

do you have a link to the ebay special please?
GavS5 likes this.

89Forever...!!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
restricted is offline  
post #17 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by restricted View Post
This thread is seriously not helping my bank account.... good effort there fella....

do you have a link to the ebay special please?
Cheers! Haha boys and there toys eyy

Heres the link, hopefully it works.


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-B8-B...dDs9:rk:1:pf:0

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #18 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 01:18 PM
Member
 
Lorenzo Talio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
 
what is the point of this? does it improve anything? thanks
Lorenzo Talio is offline  
post #19 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 01:33 PM
Member
 
Lorenzo Talio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavS5 View Post
Transmission insert arrived yesterday, got around to fitting it today. £25 non-branded from ebay, more than half the price of the 034 motorsport one and no stoop on product quality either if anyone is interested in one give me a shout and ill try get you the sellers details.

Out with the OLD!



And in with the NEW!





Was easy enough to fit, about 5 minutes work! Takes a 10mm triple square bit and needs torquing to 20nm. "excuse crappy photo"

Sorry new to this is there a point of the transmission insert change?
Lorenzo Talio is offline  
post #20 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Lorenzo Talio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavS5 View Post
Got around to fitting my P3 Multi Gauge the other day, super easy to install and really chuffed with this little mod considering i paid half the price of the RRP





Should have the new steering wheel and transmission insert here next week so hopefully i can get to work on that straight away
was about to get this but getting armytrix exhaust and it will be able to show me all that info from the app as it connects to obd2 but you made me buy all those caps lol running low on funds after this post lovely car btw
Kelvm77 and GavS5 like this.
Lorenzo Talio is offline  
post #21 of 46 Old 17th October 2018, 01:57 PM
Member
 
Lorenzo Talio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavS5 View Post
Hi all welcome to my build thread, this has been posed elsewere but probable more people interested on this forum! So ive been thinking about doing a build thread for some time now seen as ive got something a bit different but just never really got around to it, now that ive got a bit of free time I might aswell give it a bash

So i bought the car back in april 2016 with a few minor modifications including:
. Milltek exhaust system
. Rieger rear diffuser
. Honeycomb front grill
. REVO Stage 1 remap











Fast forward to early 2017 I began to get accustomed to the power it was producing so I started exploring my options for more power which was of course to supercharge. There were only two supercharger kits that stuck out to me and that was the JHM kit and the TTS kit. After a lot of hours doing my homework I decided the TTS kit was the best option for me as I am from the UK and the cost for getting the JHM kit to the UK with all the import taxes and duty fees was just mental! plus the £ to $ ratio had dramatically dropped due to brexit haha.

So off it went to TTS Performance!
What a difference it made, the power from 3.5k to redline was truly brilliant! No longer shying away from a tuned RS3 now never mind S3

And heres how the engine bay looks now.



Got the Audi R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant cap as I think the R8 one looks too bulky on these cars and got the black screen wash cap. Brings the bay to life I think. Just need to sort out that bland steering fluid cap.

So after a while of spirited driving there was one major thing that needed upgrading.....BRAKES! I was shopping around for a while and had my mind set on getting the REVO BBK and then I was browsing through ebay and BAMM! I saw some RS5 brakes front and rear with discs at an unbelievably cheap price so I snapped them up pronto. Maybe not the best set of brakes out there but for the price i paid i couldnt refuse. Think ill upgrade the pads to Ferodo DS2500 once these are shot.



Fast forward again to 2018. I always adored the look of the RS5 so decided to do something about it.
There was three main options to choose from:

1. OEM RS5 front bumper = too much fabrication work
2. rieger RS5 bumper = just looks wrong from every angle pretty much
3. XENONZ-UK bumper = easy fit, looks good and doesn't effect the side stance of the car (front bumper dramatically lower then the rest of car)

So obviously I went with the 3rd and best option in my opinion.

And here she is!



I just love the way it looks now! just need to close the gaps a tiny bit more on the sides somehow, any ideas? [​IMG]

So that's it for now, hope you enjoy! There is probably a few minor mods ive forgotten but ill update here and there when i have the time! any questions Im happy to answer

Mods coming soon, soonish lol:
. P3 gauge (just needs fitting)
. Flat bottom steering wheel
. Coilovers (looking at getting Eibach pro street S) anyone have any experience with them?
. Alloy wheel refurbish (desperately needed lol)
. Maybe a few more cosmetic mods to the interior and engine bay
I see you want a flat bottom wheel upgrade, just had mine done 2 days ago next thing will be fitting inside is 10.2rsnavs head display once they make rhd available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181016_135106_resized.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	617.8 KB
ID:	166884  
Lorenzo Talio is offline  
post #22 of 46 Old 18th October 2018, 05:42 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo Talio View Post
Sorry new to this is there a point of the transmission insert change?
Hi, yes it reduces the transmisson slop you feel when changing gear and when accel / decelerating. This is much more prominent characteristic on the manual transmission cars as far as im aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo Talio View Post
I see you want a flat bottom wheel upgrade, just had mine done 2 days ago next thing will be fitting inside is 10.2rsnavs head display once they make rhd available
Nice! Im going for the round airbag one so a complete change up. should be here next week sometime.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #23 of 46 Old 18th October 2018, 06:05 AM
Senior Member
 
unsilence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
 
Awesome!

Awesome build!!!

Is your S5 a manual or tiptronic? I live around London and manual isn't enjoyable in our constant traffic, currently have an S-Tronic A5 3.0 TDI but am seriously considering an engine swap and fuel conversion to either an S5 V8 (with a view that I'd save up and get the TTS supercharger), or get an RS5 engine block in there. The supercharged S5 V8 route has the highest ceiling in terms of performance gains, but don't think I can go back to manual after enjoying the convenience of my S-tronic box so much!!! And have never tried a tiptronic box and not sure if I'd like it because the S-tronic is so immediate in comparison.

Sorry for my rant... LOL As per what others said, KW coilovers are awesome. I'm on air ride, but before that I had KW Street Comforts and they were ludicrously comfortable!!!
unsilence is offline  
post #24 of 46 Old 18th October 2018, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsilence View Post
Awesome build!!!

Is your S5 a manual or tiptronic? I live around London and manual isn't enjoyable in our constant traffic, currently have an S-Tronic A5 3.0 TDI but am seriously considering an engine swap and fuel conversion to either an S5 V8 (with a view that I'd save up and get the TTS supercharger), or get an RS5 engine block in there. The supercharged S5 V8 route has the highest ceiling in terms of performance gains, but don't think I can go back to manual after enjoying the convenience of my S-tronic box so much!!! And have never tried a tiptronic box and not sure if I'd like it because the S-tronic is so immediate in comparison.

Sorry for my rant... LOL As per what others said, KW coilovers are awesome. I'm on air ride, but before that I had KW Street Comforts and they were ludicrously comfortable!!!
Cheers man! my car has a manual transmission. I hear what you're saying, I have driven my dads old A5 3.0 that had the Tip box and it seemed pretty good, unfortunately never driven any s-tronic cars but my dad does have the Audi SQ5 now which has the s-tronic and he says its much better! Have you thought about the Supercharged V6 found in the B8 S4 and B8.5 S5? I know first hand they're seriously quick when tuned right.

Ahh cool, Im still undecided on coilovers atm but im in no rush for them, probably looking at being a post Christmas mod.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #25 of 46 Old 18th October 2018, 11:26 AM
Member
 
Lorenzo Talio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
 
As for that generic looking steering fluid cap i just ordered mine from this guys in red...

https://www.custombilletstore.net/product_p/50010.htm
Lorenzo Talio is offline  
post #26 of 46 Old 19th October 2018, 10:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Kelvm77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
 
Garage
Gav
Congrats On Your Build!!!!!!!!

Well done mate on the conversation to supercharge your V8 amazing job bud looks really nice all round, wish I had the money spear to do mine mate but if I do I now know who to asked for some advice, enjoy it I am sure you are doing must be awesome power mate I know you have a permanent grin on your face every time your driving it. Do you have the window down a little to hear her RAW , I bet you do cause I do with mine but yours must be outrageously quick and sound the nuts
GavS5 likes this.

You only live once so live it to the full with a V8
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kelvm77; 19th October 2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: M
Kelvm77 is offline  
post #27 of 46 Old 21st October 2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo Talio View Post
As for that generic looking steering fluid cap i just ordered mine from this guys in red...

https://www.custombilletstore.net/product_p/50010.htm
Yeah ive seen them before, got some pretty cool bits, only thing that put me off was the fact that theyre covers not actual caps, mind you i do like the look of the ABS cover I really want the R8 steering fluid cap but the price is frightening for what it is! might contact audi and see if its cheaper from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvm77 View Post
Gav
Congrats On Your Build!!!!!!!!

Well done mate on the conversation to supercharge your V8 amazing job bud looks really nice all round, wish I had the money spear to do mine mate but if I do I now know who to asked for some advice, enjoy it I am sure you are doing must be awesome power mate I know you have a permanent grin on your face every time your driving it. Do you have the window down a little to hear her RAW , I bet you do cause I do with mine but yours must be outrageously quick and sound the nuts
Thanks mate! Haha yeah its been pretty damn expensive alright, but yeah if you need any advice in the future im happy to help! Oh yes, window is nearly always down if its not wet and cold along with the radio turned off, V8 FM for the win!
Kelvm77 likes this.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GavS5 is offline  
post #28 of 46 Old 21st October 2018, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
GavS5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North East / Wiltshire
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
 
Garage
New steering wheel!

Just a little sneak preview of the new wheel on order, just waiting for the S5 badge to be fitted now




Cant wait to fit this!!
restricted and Kelvm77 like this.

[ AUDI S5 V8 TTS SUPERCHARGED / MILLTEK EXHAUST / IBIS WHITE ]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GavS5; 28th March 2019 at 03:13 AM.
GavS5 is offline  
post #29 of 46 Old 21st October 2018, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
 
i'd send it back if I were you... there's clearly a bit of roundness missing from the bottom area

89Forever...!!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
restricted is offline  
post #30 of 46 Old 21st October 2018, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
Supporting Member
 
julianwhitta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ballarat, Australia
Posts: 2,774
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
 
Garage
Thatís cos itís got a flat, you goose! Just put a little air in and itíll be fine...

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
julianwhitta is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome