12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
Post Door handle swap and sensor removal

Replaced the Passenger side sensor today after the driver one yesterday.
All working.

I took a couple of photos as I was doing this as it might help other folks.
15min job max.

Torex Screw in the door level with the handle behind rubber, this is captive so you can't screw it all the way out.

Remove plastic cover (I just gave it a pull with my fingers)

Remove plastic insert (Or Door lock depending on which side your doing)
This was harder to remove (I used grips with a cloth) just gave a gentle wiggle.

The 2 parts of the handle just removed.

Move the handle towards the hole where blank was then just give gentle pull to remove (Hinge action)

The handle will just pull out when it's 90 degrees to the door.
Disconnect wiring to sensor (Watch wiring dosn't go back inside door)

Full handle and parts.

New Sensor at the top which has changed slightly then old one then handle.
To remove sensor from handle you pop the wiring out from the end then you will need a small screwdriver to prise the end out (Opposite end from wiring)so you can slide the sensor out of the handle.

My Damaged sensor which has cracked and full of water.
Old one was see through but new one is black.

Just do everything in reverse.
I found it easier when putting the handle back in to put a piece of string round the door release so I could pull it to get the handle behind it.

Once the handle was behind it just pull one end of the string through and the catch stays behind the handle.

I hope this has helped if your keyless entry dosn't work.
Part no A4G8 927 753 A. 05E08B Sensor £64.52 inc Vat.
These are not sided left or right.
2007 3.0 Tdi Coupe.

Thanks to the guys that helped me finding all the info out.
epox, Raul2013 and Bigeyd like this.

A5 Coupe' 3.0TDi Quattro Sport.
Phantom Black - 20" Hyper Silver Rotors - Lowered on H&R OE springs - 15 mm front spacers & 20 mm rear spacers - Smoked chrome Audi badges - DVD Nav + - Bang & Olufsen - Park + - Advanced Key - Adaptive Lights - Xenon - Audi Hill Hold - Electric heated seats -BT + Phone - Electric folding mirrors - Auto Dim Mirror - Auto Lights - Light Pack - Full LED interior upgrade & reg plate lights - Cruise Control - Bluefin Remap - K&N filter.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for taking the time with the guide.

Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous -

MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

MY07 S3 3 Door Ibis White
post #3 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to madmanan
this is great! thanks!

i do have one place where i am a bit confused though, i didnt understand exactly which way the sensor slides out of the handle, from the shape of both it would seem it slides out from the non-hinge end of the handle. although i wasnt sure what you meant by "prise"?

if that is correct, when you slide the new sensor back in, do you do so wires first from the non-hinge end of the handle?

thanks!

2008 S5: 6spd, Brilliant Red, Technology Package, Navigation, B&O Sound
post #4 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
Brilliant guide and thank you! Are they known for getting water logged? Mine occasionally does not work and I have a fresh in my key.
post #5 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanan View Post
this is great! thanks!

i do have one place where i am a bit confused though, i didnt understand exactly which way the sensor slides out of the handle, from the shape of both it would seem it slides out from the non-hinge end of the handle. although i wasnt sure what you meant by "prise"?

if that is correct, when you slide the new sensor back in, do you do so wires first from the non-hinge end of the handle? Yes

thanks!
I hope these pics help to explain what I was meaning.

When putting the sensor back in put wire in first from the end nearest where the blank part was.

Prise small screw driver where#1 is to remove the sensor it's just to release the tabs on either side of it as per pic above with the arrow.
Bigeyd likes this.

Phantom Black - 20" Hyper Silver Rotors - Lowered on H&R OE springs - 15 mm front spacers & 20 mm rear spacers - Smoked chrome Audi badges - DVD Nav + - Bang & Olufsen - Park + - Advanced Key - Adaptive Lights - Xenon - Audi Hill Hold - Electric heated seats -BT + Phone - Electric folding mirrors - Auto Dim Mirror - Auto Lights - Light Pack - Full LED interior upgrade & reg plate lights - Cruise Control - Bluefin Remap - K&N filter.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by shamus; 16th May 2012 at 03:01 PM.
post #6 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwatmyself View Post
Brilliant guide and thank you! Are they known for getting water logged? Mine occasionally does not work and I have a fresh in my key.
Both mines were but I don't know when mines stopped working due to buying car and them not working.
As far as I'm aware from the guys helping me older ones are prone to going with water issues so Audi have revamped it about 4 times now along with the price.

post #7 of 165 Old 16th May 2012, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Garage
Incidentally for those reading that don't have advanced key installed:

251.59- 8T0 907 064 E -Central Convenience Module
71.27- 4G8 927 753 -Door sensor (2 required)
17.76- 8K0 907 247 -Antenna (3 required)
41.40- 8K0 905 217 A -Push To Start Button
534.04- 8T0 919 611 CWFX -MMI Control Buttons (With Push Start - facelift buttons)

Prices may have changed slightly but this is all you need to retrofit Advanced key... plus a shit ton (5-10m) of cable+connectors, and a day (8 hours or so) stripping your car apart.

Some people will already have a compatible central convenience module. Get a bargain on the MMI buttons and sensors and you can do the mod for less than the price of the option

Panther Black 2011 Audi RS5 Coupé 4.2 FSI Quattro S-Tronic
Mods: Google MMI 3G+ w/ RS Controls | Facelift LED Tail Lights | Valcona/Alcantara Half-Leather Super Sport Seats | Rear Seat Heating | Passenger Memory | LED Interior Light Pack | Storage Pack | Folding/Memory Mirrors | Auto-Dimming Mirrors | Side Assist | Lane Assist | Headlight Assist | Adaptive Cruise | TV Tuner | Advanced Key | Diamond Stitched Door Cards | Eventuri Intake | Facelift Brake Discs

Last edited by llBen; 19th April 2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Corrected.
post #8 of 165 Old 17th May 2012, 08:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to madmanan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
I hope these pics help to explain what I was meaning.

When putting the sensor back in put wire in first from the end nearest where the blank part was.

Prise small screw driver where#1 is to remove the sensor it's just to release the tabs on either side of it as per pic above with the arrow.
that helps a lot! thank you again! great guide, sorry i got a little confused

2008 S5: 6spd, Brilliant Red, Technology Package, Navigation, B&O Sound
post #9 of 165 Old 9th October 2012, 08:38 AM

Sorry to pull up an old thread, but does the car need fault codes clearing once the new sensor is installed to get it working? I'm going to tackle mine this weekend but not really much point unless I've got VCDS.
post #10 of 165 Old 9th October 2012, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeegoff View Post
Sorry to pull up an old thread, but does the car need fault codes clearing once the new sensor is installed to get it working? I'm going to tackle mine this weekend but not really much point unless I've got VCDS.
My 2007 never, the senors fitted and all worked as it should.
I would say you could get your codes reset for any future faults that may crop up to see whats wrong but not needed to get it working.

post #11 of 165 Old 9th October 2012, 11:45 AM

Not what I wanted to hear, done the drivers side today still not working , looks like I'm off to audi to get another sensor tomorrow! Joys of audi ownership!
post #12 of 165 Old 3rd December 2012, 09:29 AM
Psy

Great post, thanks for the helpful photos.

Just bought my car with advanced keys and realised how they work... ...however, the driver door sensor isn't working but passenger side is.

- Are the driver/passenger side interchangeable? (ie, can I swap them)
- How much do the sensors cost from the dealer?
- my start button is really worn, how much are they from dealer and easy to replace??

Thanks in advance for any help and info,
Si

EDIT - Derp... Just read text at bottom of article... ...didn't see that on my iPad. Thanks! Si

S5 - Phantom Black - Magma Red

Last edited by Psy; 4th December 2012 at 04:16 AM.
post #13 of 165 Old 4th December 2012, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy View Post
Great post, thanks for the helpful photos.

Just bought my car with advanced keys and realised how they work... ...however, the driver door sensor isn't working but passenger side is.

- Are the driver/passenger side interchangeable? (ie, can I swap them)
- How much do the sensors cost from the dealer?
- my start button is really worn, how much are they from dealer and easy to replace??

Thanks in advance for any help and info,
Si

EDIT - Derp... Just read text at bottom of article... ...didn't see that on my iPad. Thanks! Si
sensors not sided mate.
on my car if 1 didn't work none of them did until all were in working order...

post #14 of 165 Old 11th December 2012, 05:53 AM
Psy

Just to update this thread, I spoke to West London Audi this morning.

Part - 4G8 927 753 - £76.49 (inc VAT)

£95/hour issue sourcing
£154/hour labour

Think I might do this myself...

post #15 of 165 Old 13th December 2012, 06:19 AM
Psy

Sorry to bump,

Car is going to indie dealer tomorrow (non-Audi warranty) to get this sorted - he's oging to connect up the VAG-com to confirm the sensor failure.

I've looked everywhere, but can someone please remind me of the failure message that the VAG-com throws out with door sensor failure?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

post #16 of 165 Old 13th December 2012, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

You will probably get something like this:

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth. Labels: 8K0-907-064-05.clb
Control Module Part Number: 8K0 907 064 E HW: 8K0 907 064 E
Component and/or Version: BCM2 1.1 H80 0145
Software Coding: 071000
Work Shop Code: WSC 00441 210 97470
VCID: 326104116D34409
1 Fault Found:

03286 - Sensor for Contact with Door Handle; Front Right
007 - Short to Ground
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100111
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 108
Mileage: 93284 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2012.07.11
Time: 23:58:24

A5 3.0TDi quattro, Aruba Blue.

Stuff I've done:
Fitted Cruise Control, Activated Ambient Lighting, Increased DRL Brightness When Sidelights ON. Shut Off Seat Belt Warning.
post #17 of 165 Old 14th December 2012, 08:49 AM
Psy

Thanks Vital - yep, door sensor failures came up for both doors.

Parts ordered and being sorted next week

Si

post #18 of 165 Old 3rd January 2013, 05:29 AM

Both my door sensors on my 2012 Pre-Facelift just started acting up. Can no longer unlock the car once the car is parked for > 30 minutes, not sure. However, my door sensors work once the vehicle is unlocked using the remote's unlock button. I can lock/unlock using the sensor. Now at first I thought my car's battery was weak so I charged it last night. This morning, same issue.

Can those who had bad or faulty door sensors confirm that the trunk light did not light when the door sensors were not responding?

Agilis
2015 RS 5 4.2 FSI Coupe | Panther Black Crystal | Black w/ Black Leather | CF Inlays | Sport Exhaust [s5]
Mods: H&R OE Sport Springs | ECS 10mm/12.5mm Spacers| Eurocode Alu Kreuz
Delivered 15th August 2014
post #19 of 165 Old 3rd January 2013, 02:33 PM
mab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Both my door sensors on my 2012 Pre-Facelift just started acting up. Can no longer unlock the car once the car is parked for > 30 minutes, not sure. However, my door sensors work once the vehicle is unlocked using the remote's unlock button. I can lock/unlock using the sensor. Now at first I thought my car's battery was weak so I charged it last night. This morning, same issue.

Can those who had bad or faulty door sensors confirm that the trunk light did not light when the door sensors were not responding?
My driver's side door sensor is faulty; as a result, keyless entry does not work on either the driver's or passenger's side. Keyless entry to the boot (trunk) still works as does my boot light.

Audi S5 V8 Coupe | Black | Black Leather | All the toys...
post #20 of 165 Old 3rd January 2013, 05:46 PM

At this point I'm just going to keep an eye, err hand, on the situation. The door sensors worked and continued to work today. So perhaps the battery being charged fixed it. Audi is aware of my issue and I'll be in contact with them if the sensors start acting up.
Bigeyd likes this.

Agilis
2015 RS 5 4.2 FSI Coupe | Panther Black Crystal | Black w/ Black Leather | CF Inlays | Sport Exhaust [s5]
post #21 of 165 Old 29th March 2013, 11:53 AM

Shamus, thanks for the DIY steps! I just replaced mine and they work perfectly.
post #22 of 165 Old 29th March 2013, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshoe30 View Post
Shamus, thanks for the DIY steps! I just replaced mine and they work perfectly.
Glad it worked for you mate.
Saves pennies is always a +

post #23 of 165 Old 29th March 2013, 05:05 PM

Excellent write up! Thanks

His - 2014 Phantom Black Prestige A7
Hers - 2013 Brilliant Black S5 Prestige Cabrio
His & Hers - 2014 Panther Black Crystal Prestige SQ5
post #24 of 165 Old 5th June 2013, 12:03 AM
kam

Door handle replacement

Great post Shamus and it is that easy to remove the door handle and should only take about 5 minutes. I had the same problem with only boot and ignition working but neither of the doors worked and I didn't want to purchase two sensors, so I replaced the drivers side and it would only work when I switched ignition off, not after a couple of minutes. The workaround was to disable the passenger side sensor, i.e. cut the two wires in the sensor. Drivers side sensor now fully working and theres no need for coding either so worth the £70.
post #25 of 165 Old 5th June 2013, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Interesting

(2014) A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro S tronic
post #26 of 165 Old 9th July 2013, 05:17 AM

Sensors also available on Ebay @ £11.99 / each. Mine took around 7 days to arrive, just fitted and functioning!

Great write up, i would also add that the drivers side door lock barrel was a nightmare to get in! You may find (as i did) that the door handle dosnt fully extend out to allow the door to open until you tighten the screw on the side of the door (the same screw you loosen when starting).

Exterior Door Sensor Pin Switch fit for Audi A4 A5CA A5CO 4G8 927 753 MA347 | eBay
post #27 of 165 Old 8th August 2013, 04:03 PM

Antena

My mechanic told me that my both sensors are bad and also that antena doesn't work.Does anyone know what he was talknig about which antena?Part number?And how hard is to replace it by myself?
post #28 of 165 Old 8th October 2013, 09:37 PM

I see recent activity so I'm not bringing this back from the dead New to me S5 has the same issue(s) so I'll order two sensors, install, and hope.

-08' S5 | 6MT | Meteor Gray Pearl Effect (Currently Dipped Koi Orange)| Magma Red Interior | Nav + | Tech Package | B&O | CF Inlays | Strat SS
-10' VW TDI Cup Edition | 6MT | Laser Blue | RNS-510 SatNav/DVD | Sunroof | ThunderBunny Bodykit | MDI
-02' VW TDI Beetle | 5MT | Blue | 270k miles and still purring (wife's)
-03' Suzuki SV1000N & 09' Ninja 250r (wife's)
post #29 of 165 Old 8th October 2013, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart little View Post
I see recent activity so I'm not bringing this back from the dead New to me S5 has the same issue(s) so I'll order two sensors, install, and hope.
You might not need to change both sensors. If one fails the other one also stops working until the faulty one is replaced.
QQBB likes this.
post #30 of 165 Old 9th October 2013, 05:34 AM

My sensors never needed replacing. At first I thought they did but it turns out my dash cam which was plugged in constantly was drawing enough power to prevent the car's electric gate from closing which prevented the car from sleeping. Because of this, my battery was draining and the car was turning off non essential services to preserve battery power - one of these systems was the advanced key/keyless system.

Agilis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode