Suspension - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 16th May 2019, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Suspension

Hi Guys , i had to change my profile as i couldnt remember my login details! , Need a wee bit of help , im getting a creeking noise from the suspension arm its the one that looks like a banana, i was wondering if i can change the bushes on them or do i have to buy the full arm , i have no idea what they are called !!! Cheers
post #2 of 2 Old 16th May 2019, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)

If it's the front lower it's commonly referred to as the radius arm I believe. You can change the inner bushing, though I'm not sure Audi will sell you separate rubber bushings, but power flex will abide. However the knuckle end ball joint I don't think is replaceable if that's the culprit.

I refreshed almost every single bushing last winter on my car and because of the radius arm I decided to buy new ones as I felt just replacing the inner bushing and leaving the outer ball joint on a car with that mileage was counter intuitive. Not sure a creak is a god symptom of a poor bushing as the rubber bushings are bonded to the arm and they perish and rip rather than squeak or creak as a typical PU bushing.

Regards

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List