Help S5 2008 P0571 Brake Switch A Implausible Signal New Switch, Bulbs, Fuses NO FIX - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 15th April 2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exclamation Help S5 2008 P0571 Brake Switch A Implausible Signal New Switch, Bulbs, Fuses NO FIX

So my car had the EPC light come on so I scanned it with my OBDEleven scanner and came up with the following error.

P0571 - Brake Switch A, Implausible Signal

Subsequently I replaced the switch with a generic part and cleared the codes. The Light came back on in hours and agin the OBDEleven came up with P0571 - Brake Switch A, Implausible Signal

At this time I checked all fuses and used a multimeter to check continuity, lastly I returned the switch and replaced it with a Genuine Audi/VW part from my local dealer.

Sadly the EPC light came back on... At this time I replaced all the fuses with new verified good fuses and replaced all brake lights with new bulbs. This is not working.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions? I have spent hours Googling this looking for a similar situation and eventual fix but have yet to find one.

Thanks....
post #2 of 3 Old 17th April 2019, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

Anyone have any suggestions? Cheers
post #3 of 3 Old 17th April 2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Today a different code came up and the car is no longer showing P0571

00526 - Brake light switch Implausible signal
Intermittent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode