Best solution for updating NAV - Page 2 - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 Old 19th April 2019, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have a really good idea of what I need so downloading could be an option. I have Google searched and have only come up with European versions. I would need HN+_US_AU3G_K0942 the US version of the 3G+ K0942 (8R0906961ET) and I believe the map version 6.16.2
post #32 of 37 Old 19th April 2019, 05:53 AM

I checked out the link. Looks like only European updates...
post #33 of 37 Old 23rd April 2019, 08:23 PM

Talked to the dealership...not much help....
post #34 of 37 Old 24th April 2019, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

To bring my story full circle, I ended up buying the upgrade from vag technik. I received 3 Audi branded SD cards. One with the MMI update, one with the Maps update and one with the license key for the maps. I hooked the car up to a battery tender, got into the Green screen and started the MMI update. Took 25 minutes or less. I wasn't watching it. At the end of the update you need to return through a screen and then scroll through to the end of a couple of pages of options and hit continue.

Map update took maybe 3 hours, again I wasn't watching. At end of Maps update you need to start NAV and then wait for an access error, insert the license card and reboot MMI. Or something like that, instructions weren't specific. In any case, everything is working. I checked version numbers and both MMI and Maps are the latest. MMI is HN+_US_AU3G_K0942; Maps is 6.16.2.

To be honest, I have not noticed any difference in the functioning of MMI or Nav, although I haven't made any road trips yet so maybe exit information is updated. Also, it may be my imagination but screen image appears clearer!
post #35 of 37 Old 27th April 2019, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I haven’t notice anything different either. Someone has said you can use Waze from your phone but not sure how you do it. BT connection doesn’t seem to let you do anything.

With the instructions, although mostly correct. They were a little difficult to use, quite messy and difficult to follow. Could have been better written. Got through it though.
I had a couple of screens that weren’t mentioned.
post #36 of 37 Old 28th April 2019, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I think the comment about Carplay was somebody confusing 2 threads. Would be nice though. Waiting for local stereo shops to start installing Carplay adapters like the ones on Ali Express. No way I would try doing it myself.
post #37 of 37 Old 28th April 2019, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

that’s a shame, would have been cool. I wasn’t overly optimistic though.

I’ve found a couple of Bluetooth adapters on amazon that seem to add some features. One is 85 and has reviews saying it’s really good. The other is 18 but doesn’t seem it will work on my 2009.
Really tempted to get the Bovee.

Bovee WMA3000A Bluetooth Car Kit Adapter for Streaming iPod/iPhone/iPad to Audi/Mercedes/VW with Factory iPod/Media Input https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R2HZ1..._ToFXCbZ6PG51C

MASO AMI MDI MINI Bluetooth 4.0 USB Audio Input Adapters Music Interface MP3 AUX Cable Adapter for Car Audi VW https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N2D4N..._zpFXCbGAV5646

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode