25mm or 35mm lowering springs??? - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 24th April 2019, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

25mm or 35mm lowering springs???

Morning guys,

With many car shows coming up I’m wanting my car to be right asap, and struggling to find the right springs I need.

My car has the 1BE suspension (it’s 2008) with 20” wheels (265/30/20). I want the car to look low, minimal arch gap.

I have spoke to H&R and they have two types of springs available. “29059-1 35mm” and “29061-1 25mm”. If I go 35mm will it scrape? And will 25mm leave me with a horrendous arch gap still?

My car failed MOT earlier this year on 3 broken springs, the garage replaced the springs with standard ones so the car looks like a monster truck!

I really hope I can get some help here as it’s racking my brains! Cheers
post #2 of 5 Old 24th April 2019, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)

There are so many threads about this, did you do a search? I recommend the -25mm springs as for me with the -35 the wheels started to disappear up in the arches. Get KW HAS to alleviate your dilemma as it has a threaded spring perch like a coilover but is just an adjustable lowering spring so you can get just the right drop to your liking.

Here is mine on Rotor replica 19's with the -35mm H&R Sport springs. The last pic is with Avantgarde 20's.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RS5front.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	169362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Siden.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	169364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solsiden.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	169366  

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 24th April 2019, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Mr.wreckless;1594370]There are so many threads about this, did you do a search? I recommend the -25mm springs as for me with the -35 the wheels started to disappear up in the arches. Get KW HAS to alleviate your dilemma as it has a threaded spring perch like a coilover but is just an adjustable lowering spring so you can get just the right drop to your liking.

Here is mine on Rotor replica 19's with the -35mm H&R Sport springs. The last pic is with Avantgarde 20's.

Regards

Cheers for the reply, yes I’ve done plenty of research just hard to find the answer I need. If I get 35mm do you reckon it’ll scrape or catch??? Did you suffer these problems running 20” wheels

Thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 24th April 2019, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)

I have in extreme situations, e.g. hard cornering with a lot of lock on, scraped a little, also the same if I hit a bump above a certain size with some lock on.

That being said, I do have SPC adjustable control arms to bring the camber back out to spec so you may not suffer as badly.

That being said, I personally found the -35mm option too low, as it became unpractical and difficult to navigate and manoeuvre through daily driving since the car was so incredibly low, I regularly scraped the underneath of the car, both the front and in the middle between the wheel base.

If you really want a slammed look then I guess they will do the trick, but in hindsight, at the time, I wish I had gone for the milder -25mm option. Since then KW has gotten their HAS option out which I can't recommend enough as you can set your height to your desired look, if it gets too impractical you can always increase the height later with them. Slightly costlier but worth it IMO.

Good luck.

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 24th April 2019, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
I have 35 springs, can smoke the tyres not problem but it is too low for speed bumps.
What have you got atm?
I'm looking for standard ride height on S-line springs.
Mine sits 650mm to top of wheel arch, which looks great but exhaust will catch speed tables

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode