Styling mods/Little hacks - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 9th January 2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Styling mods/Little hacks

Hello everyone, I've just joined quite evidently. I have recently purchased an a5 black edition. It's a 14 plate (64) and I believe it's a b8 ? I was wondering what kind of interior and exterior little touches people are adding and to spark some idea of my own. I've found covers for the door striker that I quite like, I'll attach a picture, anything like that, post It I wanna see it ! Sorry to go on 😅 and thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190109-203659_Gallery_1547066249356.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	339.9 KB
ID:	167904  
post #2 of 43 Old 9th January 2019, 12:56 PM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)

Garage
Interestingly I'm working on launching a brand/store of sorts that will sell products along this type. Along with other custom gadgets, wiring looms etc. Mostly focused on the B8/B8.5 platform, targeted at UK/RHD cars. Maybe I'll have some things you might like
Double V likes this.

Retrofits & Aftermarket cosmetic & performance (soon) parts for Audi vehicles.
WhatsApp: +447926601145 Web:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 43 Old 9th January 2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
Interestingly I'm working on launching a brand/store of sorts that will sell products along this type. Along with other custom gadgets, wiring looms etc. Mostly focused on the B8/B8.5 platform, targeted at UK/RHD cars. Maybe I'll have some things you might like
That does sound interesting. If you need a Guinea pig to test any new gear out bare me in mind. 😁
post #4 of 43 Old 9th January 2019, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Oo! Keep me posted! Being local, I’d be verly interested!!

Andrew
A5 3.0TDI quattro Sportback - scuba blue
post #5 of 43 Old 10th January 2019, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Garage
When will the store/site be up and running ?
post #6 of 43 Old 10th January 2019, 07:20 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
2-3 weeks, with only about 4 products on launch. It's just a small side project I'm working at, don't get too excited! Though I should get in touch with the admin to get sorted as a proper vendor. Products will be stocked in UK, free delivery on everything, 2-5 ish day delivery.

Edit: Probably 4-5 weeks, still sorting stock, though might launch store earlier with preorders.

Email:

Last edited by IngolWorks - Eamonn; 10th January 2019 at 07:26 AM.
post #7 of 43 Old 10th January 2019, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
2-3 weeks, with only about 4 products on launch. It's just a small side project I'm working at, don't get too excited! Though I should get in touch with the admin to get sorted as a proper vendor.
Im all about helping out small business even if it is in a diferent country. Can you give us a hint on what those 4 starting products might be ?
post #8 of 43 Old 10th January 2019, 07:33 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmunteanu View Post
Im all about helping out small business even if it is in a diferent country. Can you give us a hint on what those 4 starting products might be ?
Stainless/carbon fibre keyhole surrounds, dynamic mirror indicators for b8/8.5, RHD aluminium pedal sets including footrests.
If it goes reasonably well the product line will broaden, there's also other products I'm ordering samples of first, as well as some of the other much bigger ticket items that I'm still doing R&D on (fully dynamic tail/headlights, and semidynamic tail light modules as the currently available ones have pretty meh build quality and high price.)

May also expand into performance parts, such as premade silicon/alu intake hoses etc.

The idea is to sell mostly bolt-on, install at home products. If there is something you are after, I can also look into it. Everything that will be sold will be tested and checked for fitting on a real car, and full returns process if it doesn't fit when I said it would!
robertmunteanu likes this.

Email:
post #9 of 43 Old 10th January 2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)

Garage
Eamonn, b8.5 S5 Coupe here, live close to M1 j26 if you need a dummy car to test things let me know. 😁
post #10 of 43 Old 14th January 2019, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I also live not to far from notts. Junc 28 here. Looking forward to seeing the products you have too offer and all the best with the venture! Be sure to post on here when you are live the pedals and key surrounds sound like lovely touches and will buy both when they are ready 👍
post #11 of 43 Old 16th January 2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmus96 View Post
Hello everyone, I've just joined quite evidently. I have recently purchased an a5 black edition. It's a 14 plate (64) and I believe it's a b8 ? I was wondering what kind of interior and exterior little touches people are adding and to spark some idea of my own. I've found covers for the door striker that I quite like, I'll attach a picture, anything like that, post It I wanna see it ! Sorry to go on 😅 and thanks for reading.

How about this?
https://youtu.be/C3MxUnsHt68

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 S5 V6 3.0T. My First AUDI.

BlueSpark ModChip - 380HP
500NM Torque.
DCT
post #12 of 43 Old 3rd February 2019, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Looking forward to seeing what you have! Please tell me you'll be able to ship all the way down to NZ
post #13 of 43 Old 4th February 2019, 12:57 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark7100 View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you have! Please tell me you'll be able to ship all the way down to NZ
Possibly, though you might not qualify for free shipping at that point

Email:
post #14 of 43 Old 4th February 2019, 01:11 AM

Garage
Quote:

Second that!

500NM Torque.
DCT
post #15 of 43 Old 6th February 2019, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, I do like a few little mods. Just did teh curry hook mod.
post #16 of 43 Old 6th February 2019, 10:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triss Arnold View Post
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, I do like a few little mods. Just did teh curry hook mod.

Curry hook?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

500NM Torque.
DCT
post #17 of 43 Old 6th February 2019, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnBoy View Post
Curry hook?

Bag handle holders in the boot
LinnBoy likes this.
post #18 of 43 Old 6th February 2019, 02:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebsy View Post
Bag handle holders in the boot

Ah of course!

500NM Torque.
DCT
post #19 of 43 Old 7th February 2019, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Those wing indicators look great, was it hard to do, I have a Audi A5 coupe 2010 can it be done ?
post #20 of 43 Old 7th February 2019, 04:19 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
Those wing indicators look great, was it hard to do, I have a Audi A5 coupe 2010 can it be done ?
Yus

Email:
post #21 of 43 Old 7th February 2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Stainless/carbon fibre keyhole surrounds, dynamic mirror indicators for b8/8.5, RHD aluminium pedal sets including footrests.
If it goes reasonably well the product line will broaden, there's also other products I'm ordering samples of first, as well as some of the other much bigger ticket items that I'm still doing R&D on (fully dynamic tail/headlights, and semidynamic tail light modules as the currently available ones have pretty meh build quality and high price.)

May also expand into performance parts, such as premade silicon/alu intake hoses etc.

The idea is to sell mostly bolt-on, install at home products. If there is something you are after, I can also look into it. Everything that will be sold will be tested and checked for fitting on a real car, and full returns process if it doesn't fit when I said it would!
I suspect this post is going to be bad for my wallet....
post #22 of 43 Old 8th February 2019, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
Any update on how is the platform going? Keen on fitting the sporty pedals / footrest to my 3.0 TDI Sportback.

2010 Audi A5 Sportback 3.0 TDI quattro | Stage 1
post #23 of 43 Old 8th February 2019, 01:16 PM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atana5ov View Post
Any update on how is the platform going? Keen on fitting the sporty pedals / footrest to my 3.0 TDI Sportback.
Site in the works, branding ready, stock arriving some point in the next 3 weeks. Site will be ready probably next weekend, but I'd rather wait until I have something in stock before launch. Also at that point I'll be sorting the commercial account for the forum, think I'll go for the custom section option, so you'll have somewhere to feedback about the products, and I'll post RnD stuff on upcoming stuff.

Just please be aware the variety of products available at launch will be limited. This is a side project that I'm funding entirely with my own money so the amount I have to put upfront for a larger catalog just isn't there. As said before, if things sell well I'll be working on expanding that catalog pretty quick.

As for the folks outside the UK asking about products, I'd have to help you on a case by case basis, my catalog is aimed at RHD vehicles, and shipping isn't something I've sorted out for abroad. A quick guesstimate I got for NZ was something around 20-30NZD for shipping. UK shipping will be free.

Also had a thought to put together a section where people can list their used VAG parts, though that won't be there on launch.

As this is mostly as passion project, prices should be reasonable and most, if not all, profits will go back into expanding catalog and creating new products.
SimonRoma and HTB like this.

Email:

Last edited by IngolWorks - Eamonn; 8th February 2019 at 01:19 PM.
post #24 of 43 Old 11th February 2019, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Looking forward to seeing what you have! Please tell me you'll be able to ship all the way down to NZ <a href="https://www.a5oc.com/forums/images/A5OC_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" >:-)</a>
Possibly, though you might not qualify for free shipping at that point
Haha I’m happy to pay for shipping as there’s almost nothing for us A5 owners in this corner of the globe.
post #25 of 43 Old 11th February 2019, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Quote:
That sounds very good. Let me know if you need anything tech/web wise, I will be happy to help.

PS: Anything for B9 ?
post #26 of 43 Old 18th February 2019, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinnBoy View Post
How about this?
https://youtu.be/C3MxUnsHt68

Hi, I wouldn't mind seeing the link for this product,
I'm trying to work out if its the strip only or the entire mirror housing?
thanks

- also definitely not an NZ accent here.. lol

Last edited by Soldier; 18th February 2019 at 06:46 PM.
post #27 of 43 Old 18th February 2019, 09:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Hi, I wouldn't mind seeing the link for this product,
I'm trying to work out if its the strip only or the entire mirror housing?
thanks

- also definitely not an NZ accent here.. lol

Ha! Iím the son of many fathers. Check the video on YouTube.

Soldier likes this.

500NM Torque.
DCT
post #28 of 43 Old 25th March 2019, 02:27 AM
Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Garage
Hey, what's that over there? One of my many little side projects/business ideas is actually coming to fruition.
LinnBoy likes this.

Email:
post #29 of 43 Old 25th March 2019, 07:42 AM

Heading over and having a look
post #30 of 43 Old 25th March 2019, 11:58 AM

@Eamonn all sounds great, will keep an eye on it! - certainly interested

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode