The hunt for new rims A5 sportback (B8) - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 16th May 2019, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The hunt for new rims A5 sportback (B8)

Hi.

I have now owned my Audi A5 Sportback 2011 2.0 tdi quattro -Proline for 6 months and i am on the move to lower it and get me some 20" rims instead of the 18" original.

This is no trackdaycar, just my daily driver so i am thinking of getting the H&R 35mm springs and a pair of RS5 rims.

I have found a pair of rims for a good price and i am just wondering how this will work out.

20" Rs rims with Mazzini 255/35/20
8.5jx20 et:25, 66.6, 5x112

Will this work or may i run into any problems with this?

Thanks
Fredrik (from Sweden so have some mercy on my grammar 🙂 )
post #2 of 5 Old 16th May 2019, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)

They'll work but at 8.5J ET25 you might want to look into some spacers for a flusher fitment. Use www.willtheyfit.com for a nice calculator. Also I wonder if the rolling circumference of your choice of wheels might be off a little but the calculator will show if that's the case too.

Lycka till!

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 16th May 2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wreckless View Post
They'll work but at 8.5J ET25 you might want to look into some spacers for a flusher fitment. Use for a nice calculator. Also I wonder if the rolling circumference of your choice of wheels might be off a little but the calculator will show if that's the case too.

Lycka till!
Tack

This was a package deal i found for sale "private" so therefore i had to check first.

What is the "best" possible sizing to get a proper flush fit without using spacers?
I will check the page and compare with what i have today to get the correct wheel size for the rolling circumference, i did actually not think about that... is it 3% it can be off from what is stated in the registration papers from the factory?
post #4 of 5 Old 17th May 2019, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)

The sportback might differ from my coupe so you might be best off taking your wheels off and checking their specs before measuring horizontally the distance between the tire and the wheel arch and decide on a distance you would be happy with for how much further out you would like the wheel to sit.

For my coupe there is a slight offset difference from front to rear for a flush fitment, but off the top of my head I would look at a 10" wide wheel with the offset as close to ET30 as possible and you'd probably need a small spacer at the rear. Also, for a daily, the -35mm H&R springs will be extremely low (I had them on mine) and I recommend the KW HAS kit or the H&R -25mm springs on every single lowering thread asked here.

Not sure about the allowed circumference % difference from OEM, it might be 3% but of course you would like to get it as close as possible.

Regards

2009 3.0Tdi Quattro Tiptronic, XenonzUK RS5 front, ABT sideskirt, Milltek Sport. OEM RS5 st.wheel, S5 interior.
KW DDC HLS4, H&R arb, Powerflex bushings. Eurocode Alu Kreuz, SPC UAC, 034motorsport endlinks.
AWE intake, Darkside Developments intercooler/hybrid turbo/downpipe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 17th May 2019, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wreckless View Post
The sportback might differ from my coupe so you might be best off taking your wheels off and checking their specs before measuring horizontally the distance between the tire and the wheel arch and decide on a distance you would be happy with for how much further out you would like the wheel to sit.

For my coupe there is a slight offset difference from front to rear for a flush fitment, but off the top of my head I would look at a 10" wide wheel with the offset as close to ET30 as possible and you'd probably need a small spacer at the rear. Also, for a daily, the -35mm H&R springs will be extremely low (I had them on mine) and I recommend the KW HAS kit or the H&R -25mm springs on every single lowering thread asked here.

Not sure about the allowed circumference % difference from OEM, it might be 3% but of course you would like to get it as close as possible.

Regards
Perfect, i have now checked the link you sent me and looked around on some different sites etc. and i am now looking for both 19 or 20" wheel with 9,5 or 10" width and an et between 25 to 30.
I am aware of that i may need to play with a spacer if needed but that is no problem for me.

Regarding the springs i appreciate the feedback, i have seen some H&R with different specs that states -25 front and -20 rear, maybe that will be a better fit so i can use it daily?

Tack för att du svarar på mina frågor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode