LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 1st April 2019, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Lowering Springs on a Sport

Hi,

I've been reading around and I've read a few things that have said that the Sport is 10mm lower than the standard and the S-line is 20mm lower than standard, is this true?
I have a 3.0 Quattro Sport and I am looking to lower. I want to invest in the H&R springs but have fitted 20mm spacers all round and don't want to create any rubbing issues. What do people recommend, I was looking for a 25mm drop and if what i said above is true then I would need 35mm springs for this? Would i get any rubbing issues with this drop? Am I better off going for the 25mm springs to remove this issue or will I be ok?

Also, what is the difference between ab/from 1.101kg and bis/up to 1.100kg when it comes to springs? is it due to the weight of the car?

Thanks.
post #2 of 4 Old 11th April 2019, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

due to the weight of the car yes.
I have lowered mine on H&R springs, 19" wheels and 15mm spacers on front 20 mm on rear......perfect !
no issues.

lift the bonnet and on drivers side you will see a black sticker with the weight of the car front axle weight and rear axle weight,you need this otherwise your car could end up sitting too low or even higher or no difference at all s-line comes in 2 options 15mm lower than standard and 20mm lower than standard A5 .

check the sticker in the spare wheel well and get your suspension code from there,this tells you what ride height your car is compared to a standard model.
post #3 of 4 Old 22nd April 2019, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

@vw754 thanks very much this really helped!
Ended up purchasing the H&R Sport Springs for the 35mm drop in the end and it come out near perfect to how I wanted it, info is really appreciated.
post #4 of 4 Old 24th April 2019, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lupton View Post
@vw754 thanks very much this really helped!
Ended up purchasing the H&R Sport Springs for the 35mm drop in the end and it come out near perfect to how I wanted it, info is really appreciated.
no problem o

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode