LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 14th March 2019, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
A5 transmission oil

Hi Guys,

Would you please be so kind to inform me about transmission oil change of my car.

A5 2.0 tfsi quattro coupe 2011 stronic 211hp
European car.

What is the transmission oil change interval.

Currently the car is at 85k km.

What oil do i need to use?
How much litres do i need?
What do i need to change more?

Motul multi dctf is ok??

Thanks.
post #2 of 7 Old 14th March 2019, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)

Garage
I think the first one would have been done at around 60km so you should be good until around 120km.

Current: 2015 Audi S5 sportback black edition (MRC stage 2)
Previous: 2001 Audi B5 S4 avant (modified)
Previous: Subaru Impreza WRX (wrapped around a tree)
post #3 of 7 Old 16th March 2019, 03:28 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)

Garage
Assuming the first change was done, of course... Worth checking the service record. If it hasn’t been done, you should absolutely get it done now.

The Motul oil should be fine. Any DSG oil that meets any of these specifications - G 052 513 , G 052 529 , G 052 726 , G 052 798 ,
G 052 171 , G 055 532 - will do the job. SWAG, FEBI and LIQUI MOLY are also options.

You’ll need 7 litres of the stuff (which is eye-wateringly expensive so, you know, be sitting down when you order it...), along with replacement filters (there’s two - one inside the box, one outside), “o” rings for both (which will probably come with the filters), a transmission pan gasket, and a new crush washer for the transmission drain plug.

There’s a very good “how-to” here:
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=3117.0
And a list of parts required here:
https://carltonbale.com/audi-s4s5s6s...hange-details/

Even though the second link talks about doing the gearbox on an S7, the parts required are the same - same gearbox (albeit the high-torque variant).

I’d strongly recommend you follow the directions provided in the first link, as those in the second miss out the critical bit about oil temperature. If the oil goes in cold, you’ll end up with too much when it heats up (operating temp is 38C or higher), which is BAD. The oil needs to be heated to between 30 and 50 degrees C. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to heat the oil safely, until it occurred to me that it was summer, and I could just leave the oil containers sitting in the sun for a couple of hours. Did the job nicely!
SimonRoma likes this.

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
post #4 of 7 Old 17th March 2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks. 🙂
post #5 of 7 Old 18th March 2019, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianwhitta View Post
I’d strongly recommend you follow the directions provided in the first link, as those in the second miss out the critical bit about oil temperature. If the oil goes in cold, you’ll end up with too much when it heats up (operating temp is 38C or higher), which is BAD. The oil needs to be heated to between 30 and 50 degrees C. I racked my brain trying to figure out how to heat the oil safely, until it occurred to me that it was summer, and I could just leave the oil containers sitting in the sun for a couple of hours. Did the job nicely!
The oil is normally 'heated' to get the correct fill level by running the engine as the gearbox internals will need to be the seame temp otherwise the oil will be cooled when you pump it in and it hits cool metal parts

Fill oil up to level plug, make sure car is level, start engine and use VCDS to check gear oil temp (or I stuck an electronic gauge on the sump before I got VCDS), run engine, hold brakes and going through R, N, D, S holding in each for about 5 secs. When temp is around 35 degrees check level, top up or level to dribble as necessary
SimonRoma likes this.

S5 - Standard, but not for long...

2014 Audi S5 - current
2009 Audi a5 3.0TDi Tip Sport
2003 Audi A4 1.9 TDi
2004 MG ZT 190 2.5 V6
1997 BMW 328i Coupe M Sport
1994 Rover Coupe Turbo Targa top (Tomcat)
1988 Peugeot 1.9 GTi
1982 Metro 1.3s (MG herringbone/velour seats)
1984 Talbot Solara 1.6
Yamaha R6 - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 18th March 2019, 02:57 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kwatro View Post
The oil is normally 'heated' to get the correct fill level by running the engine as the gearbox internals will need to be the seame temp otherwise the oil will be cooled when you pump it in and it hits cool metal parts

Fill oil up to level plug, make sure car is level, start engine and use VCDS to check gear oil temp (or I stuck an electronic gauge on the sump before I got VCDS), run engine, hold brakes and going through R, N, D, S holding in each for about 5 secs. When temp is around 35 degrees check level, top up or level to dribble as necessary

And this! Definitely this. Thanks, Dave.
SimonRoma likes this.

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
post #7 of 7 Old 22nd April 2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi guys,

Would you please tell what is the final drive oil?
İs it about the transmission oil?
What types of oils do i need on motul?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode