LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 7th May 2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Question Bluetooth streaming music help 2009 car

Hi,

I have a 2009 A5 Sport with the usual MMI (Im guessing 2G for that age, Ive had it for 4 years and not upgraded it).

I currently have an old iphone connected to my AMI port in the glove box. I would like to upgrade it to a bluetooth receiver so that I can stream sings from my current phone to listen to in the car.

I have tried 2 dongles which plug into the AMI port and neither one powers up or is detectable by my phone.

Surely someone on here has successfully gotten their 2009 car to receive bluetooth streaming.

2009 A5 3.0tdi, 19" Y spoke wheels, silver, tinted windows, B&O, full Bluetooth prep, mmi2g with satnav, electronic seats, cruise control, xenon headlights, miltek cat back, ecu tune (290bhp, 587nm), led number plate lights.

Also a Triumph Sprint ST 1050
post #2 of 4 Old 7th May 2017, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2ksr View Post
Hi,

I have a 2009 A5 Sport with the usual MMI (Im guessing 2G for that age, Ive had it for 4 years and not upgraded it).

I currently have an old iphone connected to my AMI port in the glove box. I would like to upgrade it to a bluetooth receiver so that I can stream sings from my current phone to listen to in the car.

I have tried 2 dongles which plug into the AMI port and neither one powers up or is detectable by my phone.

Surely someone on here has successfully gotten their 2009 car to receive bluetooth streaming.

Hey, i had a similar issue to you. I have the MMI 2G and couldnt get the tune2air to work. What I did was bought an AMI to aux from amazon for about 7.50, then bought an Aux to bluetooth adapter for like 5 off ebay and left that in the glovebox. There are ones you can charge and keep, i bought one and powered it up from the lighter socket and hid the wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 7th May 2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
I'll give that a try, thanks. I feel it's a right shame that a 2009 car doesn't have the ability to stream Bluetooth.
post #4 of 4 Old 9th May 2017, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
I have an '09 with a tune2air. It works, but not very well. Occasionally gets choppy and skippy, if you know what I mean.

I ended up buying a cheap used iPod (plugged in) to use as a dedicated music server.

No matter what I do, my avatar uploads upside-down. I'm leaving it that way as a testament to the weirdness of technology.

Last edited by Mike09S5; 9th May 2017 at 05:00 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List