Help! Speakers on passenger side not working! - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlankBody

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Exclamation Help! Speakers on passenger side not working!

New Audi owner of a 2008 A5 S Line 3.2 w/ B&O and noticed that the speakers on the passenger side do not work. Either with a iPod or the Radio. All left side speakers are working perfect but right side has no noise whatsoever no matter the volume or adjustments with the fade/balance. I recently had the passenger outside door handle fixed at the dealership if that may be the culprit? Any advise is greatly appreciated, Thank You!
post #2 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Probably they forgot to insert the speakers plug
post #3 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)

The issue could be any of the following:
1.) Bad amplifier, or,
2.) Bad head unit.

It is highly improbable that all right channel speakers are bad.

It is also possible that the speaker connection in the door might be causing this issue. If the speaker terminals are shorted, it may cause the amp to shut down the right channel. A disconnected speaker line in the passenger door won't disable the other right channel speakers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply! I went and double checked and it seems like all the passenger side speakers are completely out. I'm scheduled to go to the dealership to have them look at it but do you think there's anyway I can avoid that at all by trying to plug it back in on my own or would I have to take the door apart? Thanks again
post #5 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 06:59 PM

Since the dealership worked on your car and the right side speakers stopped working after that, it is best to let them check their work. If they say the amp is bad, there is a place in the US and UK (depending on where you are located) that repairs the amps for a reasonable cost. The dealership may attempt to sell you a new amp (if they determined that the amp is bad) that will cost upwards of $1000.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Ok is there a way to reset the amp maybe or to check and see if there's any "plugs" undone? The car is at 57k miles and with one old owner who never played music if that is relevant. Also the rear speakers seem to be working on both sides but I'm 100% positive the passenger door speaker does not work. I really appreciate your reply thank you!
post #7 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

I was just going to ask that. Do you by chance have a recommendation to place in the US that does the amp work? I'm located in Seattle Washington if that matters. Thank you for your help!
post #8 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:03 PM

Scan with vcds, that will answer your question. If you don't have it buy one, is very useful in situations like this where without one you have to trust the mechanics.
post #9 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

That's some very helpful advice! Any suggestions on a specific one or a link to one I should buy?
post #10 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:10 PM

Ross-tech sells the official vcds. If you just want to test it first there are chinese cables with vcds software.
post #11 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Thank you I will have to order one tonight. I really appreciate your help it means a lot! +1 rep
CarlosFibra likes this.
post #12 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankBody View Post
I was just going to ask that. Do you by chance have a recommendation to place in the US that does the amp work? I'm located in Seattle Washington if that matters. Thank you for your help!
These guys do amp repairs. Home - Paulison Corporation | Bose Amplifier Spares & Repairs
You'll have to ship them to their NJ service center. The fee to fix the amp includes the shipping back to you.

post #13 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Ok is there a way to reset the amp maybe or to check and see if there's any "plugs" undone? The car is at 57k miles and with one old owner who never played music if that is relevant. Also the rear speakers seem to be working on both sides but I'm 100% positive the passenger door speaker does not work. I really appreciate your reply thank you!
Now this is a different story. If the rear speakers are working, it may just mean that the passenger door speakers were not connected when the dealer re-installed the door panel. If you are good with your hands, you can easily pop-off the passenger door panel and reconnect the speakers. Or, since this is the fault of the dealer, get them to do the dirty work.

post #14 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

I just went and checked all the speakers on the right side of the car while playing from a cd/iPod and none of the speakers on the passenger side work. All speakers from the back to the front dash tweeters. Do you think it's the amp?
post #15 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thank you for the link! Yea I just went and checked and it's all the right side speakers. None of them have any bit of noise coming out from the front to the black. So it's most likely the amp?
post #16 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 07:56 PM

B&o is top quality sound system. The amp don't just break but it may enter in protection mode. I am pretty sure the dealer forgot to reconnect the plug to the panel and since the system can't see the speakers shuts off that side. To remove the door panel you may break some clamps, don't worry about it it's normal. They are less than one dollar each. The part code is 7L6 868 243.
post #17 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Awesome thank you for the link! Yea I just went and checked and it's all the right side speakers. None of them have any bit of noise coming out from the front to the black. So it's most likely the amp?
It may be. If the speaker connections in the passenger door panel have shorted out that may cause the amp to shut down the right channel. Since work was recently done to the passenger door, the speaker connection in there might be the culprit.

post #18 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks again Carlos!
post #19 of 26 Old 6th April 2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully that is the case. I'll report back after my dreadful trip to the dealership. Thanks again!
post #20 of 26 Old 7th April 2017, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Where would the plug for the door speaker be located? I'm going to try and take the door apart today and see if I can fix it myself.
post #21 of 26 Old 7th April 2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Where would the plug for the door speaker be located? I'm going to try and take the door apart today and see if I can fix it myself.
Here's a great article in AudiEnthusiasts about installing the power folding door mirrors in a S5. It shows you the proper way of removing the door panel from the door and the mechanical and electrical connections you need to keep in mind and disconnect in order to completely remove it from the door. I am not sure where the connectors for the door speakers are located and what they look like. Maybe someone in this forum can chime in and let you know.

post #22 of 26 Old 8th April 2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Yea I figured it would just be best to wait until I go to the dealership and see if they messed it up. Thanks again for all your help !
post #23 of 26 Old 10th April 2017, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Just finished a VagCom scan for the speakers and all speakers on passenger side worked flawlessly...... Sooo we ran a complete diagnostic and came up with the only error code of -
CAN Gateway ? 02095
No other codes showed up.
1.) Any advice what it could be now?
2.) Is the amp ruled out as the problem because of the speakers producing noise on the sound test?
3.) Can the amp be tested specifically ? And or component protection
Thanks again for all your help hopefully I can get this figured out without going to the stealership
post #24 of 26 Old 11th April 2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: Called the dealership and asked for the master tech and had a talk with him. Told him the error code for component Protection and how it went into it after my last visit there. He told me to bring it in asap although I had an appointment on the 26th. Was there for about 20 minutes and left with my sound system 100% functional at no charge! The tech said it was in Component Protection from the Microphone Unit (in Front Roof Module) and had no clue how it happened.
If anyone has this problem pm me I now know quite a bit about this problem and how you maybe able to get it fixed for free.
(THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP)
post #25 of 26 Old 23rd March 2019, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have the same problem you described. Please help
post #26 of 26 Old 24th April 2019, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
The tech said it was in Component Protection from the Microphone Unit (in Front Roof Module) and had no clue how it happened.
If anyone has this problem pm me I now know quite a bit about this problem and how you maybe able to get it fixed for free.
Do spill the beans please! I have a silent door speaker and an error code for the interior microphone. What happened with yours?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode