Wanted: Alcantara A5 front seat back covers. - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11th April 2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Resolved: Wanted: Alcantara A5 front seat back covers.

I have two front seat base covers but need a pair of black Alcantara back seat covers to match- preferably S-line, but not essential. Would consider a swap for my full set of black S-line leather base & back seat covers.

Last edited by Pulsarlaser; 18th December 2016 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 18th December 2016, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update: I got UK Hide to send me samples of the 'Starlite' Alcantara fabrics (they have swatches in stock but order the fabric in from Germany for you) as my interior is Grey Milano it was actually the Charcoal (not black) that I needed which they supplied in a (min) 0.5 metre length x 1.44m width (@72/m)- so a half metre was enough to do the 2 front back inserts.
Fortunately, I have a friend who is a decent car & bike seat upholsterer so he did a really great job for me once I had removed the seats and taken them over to him to work on his bench- he was able to leave the S-line embossed leather part too as it was the inner sections that he replaced with the Alcantara, and he also repaired some of the worn drivers seat foam & stitching- so it was perfect.
I am incredibly pleased with the results- so happy that despite wanting an Alcantara interior for several months this retro-fit worked out like a dream, and I just absolutely love it now- snug as a bug!
post #3 of 5 Old 10th January 2017, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsarlaser View Post
Update: I got UK Hide to send me samples of the 'Starlite' Alcantara fabrics (they have swatches in stock but order the fabric in from Germany for you) as my interior is Grey Milano it was actually the Charcoal (not black) that I needed which they supplied in a (min) 0.5 metre length x 1.44m width (@72/m)- so a half metre was enough to do the 2 front back inserts.
Fortunately, I have a friend who is a decent car & bike seat upholsterer so he did a really great job for me once I had removed the seats and taken them over to him to work on his bench- he was able to leave the S-line embossed leather part too as it was the inner sections that he replaced with the Alcantara, and he also repaired some of the worn drivers seat foam & stitching- so it was perfect.
I am incredibly pleased with the results- so happy that despite wanting an Alcantara interior for several months this retro-fit worked out like a dream, and I just absolutely love it now- snug as a bug!
Sounds awesome. Have any pics?

Actually in the same boat as you. I have the black leather seats and prefer the alcantara.
post #4 of 5 Old 11th January 2017, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
If you are more ocd than me probably quicker & better to get a full set of used seats and sell yours on- or buy new fabric and re-cover yours- you may notice a few subtle differences in mine as it was all sourced independently once I had found the 2 front base covers which came from ebay (brand new and a lucky match from 2 different sources) the rear base & back hardly used & found in Glasgow and the front backs made for me from the matching German Starlite material I bought through UK Hide, as I just couldn't find them anywhere.
The rears were simple 'plug & play'- you just need to replace the 2 white catches that secure the base for a couple of quid as they aren't re-usable.
The fronts need to be taken out anyway even if you replace the top covers which took a few hours on the bench, including my foam bolster repair where the glue had to set overnight.
All I can say is this has made my car how I always wanted it, and as Alcantara interiors are more expensive I struggled to find one. So although I have kept the original parts I replaced just in case, in my opinion it's far better than worn slippy cold (mine are electric but not heated) seats- and thanks to the (thanks again T8ups) interor LED upgrade the 'Starlight' effect looks really great at night.. each to their own I guess- cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab1.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	133898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab2.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	133906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab3.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	133914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab4.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	133922  
post #5 of 5 Old 15th January 2017, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsarlaser View Post
If you are more ocd than me probably quicker & better to get a full set of used seats and sell yours on- or buy new fabric and re-cover yours- you may notice a few subtle differences in mine as it was all sourced independently once I had found the 2 front base covers which came from ebay (brand new and a lucky match from 2 different sources) the rear base & back hardly used & found in Glasgow and the front backs made for me from the matching German Starlite material I bought through UK Hide, as I just couldn't find them anywhere.
The rears were simple 'plug & play'- you just need to replace the 2 white catches that secure the base for a couple of quid as they aren't re-usable.
The fronts need to be taken out anyway even if you replace the top covers which took a few hours on the bench, including my foam bolster repair where the glue had to set overnight.
All I can say is this has made my car how I always wanted it, and as Alcantara interiors are more expensive I struggled to find one. So although I have kept the original parts I replaced just in case, in my opinion it's far better than worn slippy cold (mine are electric but not heated) seats- and thanks to the (thanks again T8ups) interor LED upgrade the 'Starlight' effect looks really great at night.. each to their own I guess- cheers!
That looks great. Thanks for the inspiration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode