Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

RS5 full honeycomb grill

24K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Ben Williams 
#1 ·
I replaced my stock S5 grille with a gun metal full honeycomb RS5 grille from Europrice today. I also installed a S-Flow kit and Toruing exhaust from AWE.
Wasn't too bad of job for a guy in a wheelchair. Jacking the car up was the hardest part.

#2 ·
Pics

Attachments

#7 ·
It's fairly simple. I found a variety of instructions in here, but none were exactly right for my car. Need T15, T25 torx bits and a 10 mm socket with extaension and ratchet are all the tools needed other than to remove the wheels. Only took me a few hours and I was in no means in a hurry, like I mentioned, the hardest part was jacking up the car for me.
The grille fit perfect, it is an OEM Audi part, not a replica.

#5 ·
Damn that grill is nice! Would like to get that done on mine. Looks great.

#8 ·
I didn't get any video or pics of the exhaust, at lesast the pics didn't turn out.
I watched A LOT of videos and none of them seem to be much different than a stock exhaust, but the AWE exhaust has a different sound and is a little louder than stock. It sounds good and I'm happy with it. My mid pipes would've been a much better if they were about an inch or two longer though, were a pain in the butt to get fit right.

#11 ·
I would assume its to get access to the screws holding the end of the bumper to the cover inside the wheel well.

#10 ·
great job, car looks nice.

#13 ·
here's some better pics of it outside

Attachments

#20 ·
the grill or the car?

Grill is gun metal im guessing....
Car looks the same as mine so i'm guessing Monsoon Grey.:cheers:

#25 ·
I bought this exact grille from a forum member but have not had it installed yet. I want to do it myself and don't expect to have any huge issues but i don't have the time right now. I have a local dealer who told me they would do the grille and an Alu-Kreuz plate for me for $400. Seems expensive but I know the labor involved. To boot, they offered to give me a loaner for a day. I know it will take me an entire Saturday which i don't have right now due to some home renovations and my OCD work habits so I think I am going to bite.. Thank you for the pics, I was concerned that I wouldn't like the gunmetal on black but that looks great! I also bought some honeycomb material and OEM grilles, I WILL tackle the foglight conversion. That should be a fun little project. Now to time the time for that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.