Magma Red Interior, Who loves it? - A5_OC

Go Back   A5_OC > Audi A5 & Audi S5 Forums > S5 General Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2008, 01:12 AM   #1

dahuibra is on a distinguished road
Default Magma Red Interior, Who loves it?

Hello all,

I just recenlty changed my order to reflect the magma red interior than the tuscan brown. I have to custom Daytona Grey exterior. I would like to know who has it and what do they experience. Do you have to protect it, be concerned with clothing bleed. The photos i have seen seem to be too red, i I thought this was a color match problem with the photo. Have your friends commented about the uniqueness of the color? Any quirks or concerns on the iterior of Magma red would be welcome, i do not seem to find any thread that talks about this in one post.
dahuibra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 17th November 2008, 01:37 AM   #2

Blade is on a distinguished road

OK, I might be considered a little biased here in my opinions because I have Magma upholstery, but I love it. I was talked into magma by my wife who thought Black was too boring and silver too impractical. I worried about the decision right up to the point I saw the car in the showroom. Its not bright red like alot of the photo's seem to show, its much more subtle (if that can be said about red seats) For me it makes the car look and feel special, something different that sets it apart from the run of the mill stuff out there. And perfect for the S5's character. It doesn't show the dirt but then I clean it regularly. It looks great if you opt for the carbon atlas trims too. I've never had anyone say the don't like it. Would certainly choose it again.
These pics are as close I as can get to the true colour.

S5 .(SOLD) Phantom Black . Magma . Carbon Atlas . B&O . Comfort Pack . Sat Nav Plus . HFS . Parking Plus . Advanced Key . Cruise . Storage Pack . Hill Hold . Adaptive Lights . Autostyle S5 logo mats.....Jaguar XKR 5.0 S/C 2010, Aero Pack, B & W sound system, suade headlining.

Last edited by Blade; 17th November 2008 at 01:45 AM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17th November 2008, 04:23 AM   #3
Ben

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
OK, I might be considered a little biased here in my opinions because I have Magma upholstery, but I love it. I was talked into magma by my wife who thought Black was too boring and silver too impractical. I worried about the decision right up to the point I saw the car in the showroom. Its not bright red like alot of the photo's seem to show, its much more subtle (if that can be said about red seats) For me it makes the car look and feel special, something different that sets it apart from the run of the mill stuff out there. And perfect for the S5's character. It doesn't show the dirt but then I clean it regularly. It looks great if you opt for the carbon atlas trims too. I've never had anyone say the don't like it. Would certainly choose it again.
These pics are as close I as can get to the true colour.
These are from my new car, and you are right the pics on the web seem a brighter shade of red than when you see them in person. Magma looks awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14112008338.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	726.1 KB
ID:	3773   Click image for larger version

Name:	14112008340.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	819.4 KB
ID:	3774  

AUDI S5
All factory options without the sunroof, Phantom Black/Magma, Manual of course. VagCom (All main mods), Hoen Fogs, H&R 20/25's, B&B X-Pipe, Stasis Rear Bar and KW III's.

Also just for some different fun a 2008 Fireblade
Mods
Jardine RS5 Exhaust (seriously that's the name of it)
Doesn't really need too much more

Almost forgot - 1969 MGB MkII with Overdrive in Fire Engine Red, Slowly building back to Concourse - Still got some serious work to do on that front through...
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17th November 2008, 04:53 AM   #4

J.S5 is on a distinguished road

I have magma and I definitely love it. I havent had the time to take any pics yet. Got the car more than a week, and all I get are compliments. It kinda brings out the characteristics of the beautifully shaped bucket seats too.

| S5 . Ibis White . Magma . Tip. |
J.S5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17th November 2008, 04:57 AM   #5

pepper is on a distinguished road

Wasn't sure about magma until saw it in person. Pictures make it look much more red than it really is. Have a Quartz gray with magma arriving in about three weeks. Congrats on your S5.
pepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th November 2008, 08:41 AM   #6

Thanks, I had to add the carbon inlays, made it much more appealing! Thanks for the advice. I'm really excited about the setup. I am up to $59103 with all my options! Tech, Nav,B&O,Customs Daytona Grey,Carbon inlays. Delivery date has not come, but that been good with all my last minute changes. How much are they going in the US? I don't feel I have saved that much with the buying program. This is a just pricey car, My wife has the Touareg, and my last was an 07 GTI (not typicaly what i would drive, but got a great deal for it and it was a fun to drive).
Old 18th November 2008, 09:54 AM   #7

BkS5 is on a distinguished road

go for it you wont regret it. i was going to go black but my girlfriend really liekd the red and i had to agree. it makes the car feel alot more special. i was looking at tuscan but i dont feel like they suit the bucket seats very well. the only other color i would get is pearl silver but thats not practical so i went with red.

Delivered 12/11/08: 2009 Audi S5 Tip Phantom Black on Magma Red w/nav,tech,drive select,B&O Sound and carbon inlays.

Mods: 20% tint, Hoen H11 Fog Lights
BkS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th November 2008, 01:52 PM   #8

SAJ_1982 is on a distinguished road

Magma red, best interior colour for the car.

SAJ_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th November 2008, 04:16 PM   #9

deak is on a distinguished road
Default Have it, love it. Everyone else loves it too.

So much better than black. I did the "Beelzebub" one with Brilliant black, magma and carbon atlas.
deak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th November 2008, 05:55 PM   #10

Stavros is on a distinguished road

Everybody loves it.
I do too.
S.

S5 / Jan '08 / Quartz Grey / Magma+carbon fiber.
SQ5 / Aug '13 / Estoril Blue / Black+Alcantara
Stavros is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th November 2008, 08:16 PM   #11

fubaha is on a distinguished road

I have the phantom black colour, magma red interior with carbon inlays. Looks fantastic. Here's a pic. Looks brighter than it is in reality. Had a mate that laughed at me when I told him about the red interior but once he saw it he totally changed his mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0006.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	3781  
fubaha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18th November 2008, 10:36 PM   #12

Wes Z is on a distinguished road

Just recently ordered a black on red, at first i was laughed at by friends, said it was too cheap... haha they sure had second thoughts when they saw a pic it

2009 S5 - Phantom Black (Gone) - Magma Red - Tech - Nav - B&O - Carbon Inlays - 30% Ceramic Tint - H&R Spacers 20/25mm - RDash LEDs - Hoen H11 Fogs

Other toys:

2005 Honda CBR600RR
Wes Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19th November 2008, 09:59 AM   #13

VAS5 is on a distinguished road

I love it! I have the meteor gray and magma. I believe the perfect color combo. Just adds a special touch to the interior.

2009 Meteor Gray, Magma Red, Nav, B&O
VAS5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19th November 2008, 10:07 AM   #14

wrx_xb9r is on a distinguished road

I also have the Magma red interior. I think it is great. The first few pictures here match it really well. The Audi shots are way to bright.

It really adds spice to the car when you open the doors.

It has been really easy to keep clean. With two kids in and out of the car all the time it has been tested. So far the only drawback has been puke was difficult to clean out of the stitching. Every other mess has come straight out.

MG w/ MR S5 | CF | B&O | NAV | TECH
wrx_xb9r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19th November 2008, 10:59 AM   #15

Ianhp1 is on a distinguished road

If you like it, go for it!

Personally I don't like it, I do think it looks cheap or a little pretentious in pics and in the flesh, but that's my feeling and hence preference for black and why I got the black!

Ex S5 Driver... now driving a Jaguar XF S.
Ianhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19th November 2008, 03:11 PM   #16

CathyQuattro is on a distinguished road

wrx xb9r,
what did you use to clean the "puke" ?
thanx,
cathy
CathyQuattro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th November 2008, 06:45 AM   #17

wrx_xb9r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyQuattro View Post
wrx xb9r,
what did you use to clean the "puke" ?
thanx,
cathy
Wet wipes for on the spot cleaning. Followed that night with wet hand towels from the hotel. About 4 days later I was able to use a bristle brush and vacuum to get the remainder out. Meguirar's leather cleaner conditioner was the final step.
We were on vacation in the middle of the Rocky mountains and my daughter got car sick. Everything she was wearing, her car seat, the under car seat protector were all covered. It did manage to get on the rear center console and the edge of the seat along that seam where the seat protector was not covering it.

The smooth leather cleaned up instantly. The center console cleaned up quickly also. The grippy rubber inserts come out easily so you can clean under them. The only tough area was the actual stitching. The liquid easily goes in there.

However overall the cleanup was way easier than alcantara in my last car. I had to remove the seat cushion and hose them out. Then they took 3 days to dry.

We now have 1 gallon (4 liter) ziploc bags in the mesh backs of each front seat. They can be used for just about anything that might happen with kids.

MG w/ MR S5 | CF | B&O | NAV | TECH
wrx_xb9r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th November 2008, 06:59 AM   #18

CathyQuattro is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for the info. My terriers hate the S5 - except for one-Macy Gray. My pup Bob threw up on the center console. Had to buy a roll of paper towels at a gas station convenience shop,using the corners of the towel I absorbed the liquid from around the start /stop button. I was up in Millbrook ,NY - a healthy hour from home and grateful that the car started-the button had been drowned. I solved the problem by buying an A6 Avant.
CathyQuattro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th November 2008, 07:18 AM   #19

Good stuff, i have a 5yo, that has done that a few times in the Touareg. The crumbs from crumbly food, the fruit snacks that somehow melt into the corners and meld with the leather, the splater of drinks, and the occasional missing sharp object toys are a concern again. Getting a seat protector for the booster. The airline up chuck bags are a great idea, i should include skymall (a hasbro catalog).
Old 20th November 2008, 07:53 AM   #20

RGBArgee is on a distinguished road

I love it, wish in many ways I could have had on the A5, not a financially viable option in the UK.

R

[/COLOR] A5+2=A7 Daytona BE quattro [/B] Sold 2011 3.0Tdi quattro S-Line Cabriolet.. most options
Best A5 still missed...2008 3.0Tdi Sport quattro COUPE - Phantom - Silver Valcona - most options.
RGBArgee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21st November 2008, 09:14 AM   #21

Blade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianhp1 View Post
If you like it, go for it!

Personally I don't like it, I do think it looks cheap or a little pretentious in pics and in the flesh, but that's my feeling and hence preference for black and why I got the black!
It doesn't look cheap or pretentious Ian, quite the opposite, ( actually how can a 354ps car be pretentious anyway ??) although I can understand that it won't appeal to everyone. You don't see many cheaper cars with Red upholstery but you do see it on exotics. Bright red would look tacky but this is more of a brownish toned red and even our team of builders who had been taking the piss in the weeks up to delivery, calling it the 'pimp wagon' had nothing but compliments, never had a bad comment.

S5 .(SOLD) Phantom Black . Magma . Carbon Atlas . B&O . Comfort Pack . Sat Nav Plus . HFS . Parking Plus . Advanced Key . Cruise . Storage Pack . Hill Hold . Adaptive Lights . Autostyle S5 logo mats.....Jaguar XKR 5.0 S/C 2010, Aero Pack, B & W sound system, suade headlining.

Last edited by Blade; 21st November 2008 at 09:16 AM.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24th November 2008, 04:59 PM   #22

Wolverine is on a distinguished road

It is hard to tell from your original post, but if you have not seen the magma red in person, you REALLY should do so before ordering it. A color like that has to be seen in person for you to decide if you can live with it or not. As you can see, many people love it (others, like me, not so much - the first S5 I test drove had the magma red interior), but all that matters is that you love it, since you are the one dropping 60K on the car. If you are not sure, I would go more conservative, both to help ensure you won't end up actively disliking it (you know what you are getting with black, for instance), and to help ensure a higher resale value (although these are generally reputed to have very good resale value, which is a nice change for Audi).

Just my two cents.

Brilliant Black S5
Black Interior, Stainless Inlay, Audi Navigation Plus, Technology Package, Bang & Olufsen Audio
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the A5_OC forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.