Starting problems after clutch issue - Page 2 - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 Old 26th December 2016, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Final update: The starter was removed and tested bad. It has been replaced with a new Bosch replacement starter. The car is back together and I only have 4 bolts left over! They're all bumper bolts so I'm just sorting out which ones go where.

The beast is alive! It starts and runs under its own power again and I can't wait for the snow to start falling again.

Thanks you everyone for your help, it definitely helped me narrow down the cause of the problem and address it properly.
jwr9152 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 26th December 2016, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
Congrats! Any tips/gotchas for replacing the starter?
post #33 of 35 Old 1st January 2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I took some pictures during the process, I was thinking of doing a write-up on how I tackled the job, but I am still having issues.

I forgot to tighten down a ground so it started three times but wouldn't start the fourth. This issue has been resolved now but along with it came some codes. I had to use a crappy U-scan device but it gave me the codes I need. My biggest concern or what I believe to be the cause of the current problem is a P0414 code and the description is Secondary Air Switching Valve A Circuit Short. All the other codes are "circuit low" codes. See attached images for all the codes.
post #34 of 35 Old 9th January 2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Took it to Audi to have them diagnose the issue. $240 later, it turns out the motor mount is shorting out. I disconnected it for now and will replace with something else soon.
post #35 of 35 Old 10th January 2017, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibDTD View Post
Took it to Audi to have them diagnose the issue. $240 later, it turns out the motor mount is shorting out. I disconnected it for now and will replace with something else soon.
You replaced it with MT mounts right? I'm pretty sure they're solid filled, so they should have a dummy resistor inside it. You could probably hack it up and leave it disconnected, but the electrical connector connected to a resistor in series

'08 S5 6MT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode