Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

S5 Black Edition - Sat Nav

5K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  julianwhitta 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm about to sign up to lease a new S5 Coupe Black Edition (in Sepang Blue of course).

Currently the only option I've got is the paint. I'm at a bit of a loss though. Without the tech pack plus is there no Sat Nav in the car? I think I'm actually in shock, so they add B&O and the iPod connectivity but no Sat Nav in a £45K car?

I must have got this wrong right?

Thanks,

Eddie

#3 ·
Yup...standard in the A5 BE, but not the S5 BE. I was shocked too and while I only wanted to spec paint (Sepang Blue of course...) and folding mirrors, I also had to stick another £1440 in to get the tech pack high....

Its not a massive loss in terms of real world use though. More often finding myself reaching for Apple/Google maps as it's not set up for detecting traffic and planning alternative routes...need to add another £300 and get Audi Connect for that....

#5 ·
Screen is the same, but you don't get the controls behind the gear stick. They are on the centre console instead I believe.

#7 ·
It is disappointing and I would agree, on a lease deal its not worth it. If it was on a PCP I would say yes as it is one of the few options that will give you slightly better money on trade in.

Having said all that, wouldn't worry too much. Its probably the psychology of wanting it, rather than it actually being something you really need. Rarely use mine, and as I said even when I do it isn't that great...

The engine more than makes up for it :)

Use the money for fuel....

#8 ·
I ordered a BE Sportback S5 at the end of Jan this year - even the sales guy was surprised that no Sat - Nav as standard. I originally intended just to add the tech pack to get it- then ended up adding drive select/sport diff/damper control as well. It's unusual for a car that's on final run out not to end up fully loaded as the factories look to minimise obsolete parts after a model up issue - in this case it looks like the A5 BE + got all the goodies and the S5 got left out - you will however benefit from a 3.0 litre Supercharged V6 so not all bad.:wink2:

#10 ·
PCP purchase - I opted out of company car scheme and took an allowance which means could choose whatever I wanted without getting whacked on tax - I got 15% discount off OTR price. For the spec I chose the the starting price was 47,905 before discount.

Reactions: Stupots5
#11 ·
Unbelievable that Sat Nav is not standard on the S5 or S5 BE. Then again an RS5 didn't even have front fog lights :surprise:.
Typical Audi but we all keep returning :talk2hand:.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
#13 ·
I was in the same situation as you @Spamalot. I decided against the Tech Pack and just use the Tomtom when I need to. On a lease deal it's just not worth. S5 Black Ed Sepang + Lunar + folding mirrors is what I went for - I'm absolutely delighted with the car. Spend the money on V-Power ;-)

Fair enough. When did you pick the car up? Is yours a coupe or sportback?

What sort of deal did you get?

#17 ·
I really like things that match so the thought of using a stick on TomTom annoys me a little. Not as much as spending £1500 on something that's largely useless though, so I'll have to get over it I guess.

It's the location of the controls on the dash and not behind the gear stick that annoy me as much as anything.

#18 ·
If it helps justify the cost, I find the reversing camera very useful....?

How long is the term of the lease deal? Might be worth it if it's a good 3 or 4 years.

The nosey git in me was hoping you guys divulged your lease deals, as I'm basically treating my 24month PCP as a lease...would be interesting to see how it compares!

#19 ·
Didn't sat nav become standard in the last year of the B8 A4/S4? IIRC the model name even included 'nav' in it!

#22 · (Edited)
Interesting.

Mine's £3k down, followed by 23 monthly payments of £360. As discussed that's std with just the SB paint added.

It's only 8k miles that I'm sure I'll go over at which point it's 10p per mile.

Not as good as my old M135i, that was £1500 down with 23 monthly payments of £300. That was well spec'd as well.

The S5 should be a nice upgrade however.

EDIT- I could have got a sportback in black and saved myself £60-70pm.

#28 ·
Hmmm see...that would of suited me just fine! I guess when I add the £1500 extras is getting very close to what my deal is.

Although, I'm only guessing I'll get a by more come trade in. Might get nothing, in which case mine is £6k down and £380 per month.....

I guess I have more flexibility in buying it and mileage though.

#29 ·
So If you think not getting sat Nav on the S5 is bad. Unless you spec the interior light light pack on the A5 BE+ you don't even get a poxy glove box light !!!!!

Reactions: DavidS
#31 ·
That it's patently ridiculous that a £45k car doesn't have sat nav is a given, particularly when such toys come standard on cars costing two-thirds less. The real insult comes when you want to update the nav database. In Oz, that's an $800 kick in the nuts from the stealer. Every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.