Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Bought me another Audi

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  SimonRoma 
#1 ·
Technically speaking anyway :D Audi actually owns Ducati, for now at least.

Needed something for the track once the heat dies down (120ish degrees here today)

Brought her home and went through the whole bike with a fine tooth comb. Now the S5 has another little sister :thumbsup:

See less See more
#3 ·
Of course! You're in Phoenix! I have no idea what the good citizens of Phoenix have done to get the weather gods so offside but, if the last couple of weeks are anything to go by, they absolutely do NOT like you very much!
The bike is glorious! Exactly the model I'd run with... if the divorce that would result didn't straight-up ruin me!

#4 ·
Thanks! Yeah, it's a bit on the toasty side for sure. I've only put 75 miles on it and 60 of those was riding it home. They shut down the airport yesterday - too hot for planes to fly :D

It's actually nothing unusual for this time of year though. June through mid-August is brutal here but, the rest of the year is gorgeous so we just have to stay cool and wait for it to pass.

#6 ·
Gorgeous bike, buddy!

Curious to know if the other bike is a Ducati Xdiavel S? If so, I am SO DAMN JEALOUS! I sat on one the other day, and I can honestly say it is in a league of it's own!

T. :)

Reactions: DucDude
#7 ·
Thank you. I agree - they are nice to look at but they're even more fun to ride :)

Just waiting for the new clutch basket and plates to arrive today. I got a smoking deal on this thing because the clutch was roasted and the place I bought it from wasn't a Ducati dealership. They didn't want to sink any money in to it so I gave them a lowball cash offer "as is" and said I'd fix it myself. We eventually came down to an agreeable price and I brought her home.

Within 5 minutes I was tearing in to her and this is what I found - one roasted clutch pack and chewed up basket. The parts cost nothing compared to what I saved off the asking price and this is actually a fairly rare bike. They only made the SP in 2011 and it was the top of the line Superbike of that year. There aren't that many out there. A few more hours and she'll be better than new with a brand new upgraded clutch :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Stunning bike mate! The SP is indeed rare so is also gonna hold its value for sure. Enjoy!

Reactions: DucDude
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.