Modified 3.0 TDI. whats it worth? - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 25th November 2016, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Arrow Modified 3.0 TDI. whats it worth?

Hi guys.
I may need to change my car soon and im just wondering how much people think my 57 plate 3.0 TDI may be worth?
3.0 TDI. Manual. Remapped to 300 BHP. 600 NM torque. 40 MPG combined!. RS5 20 inch wheels with new tyres. Carbon dynamic induction kit. Full stainless exhaust. Sounds lovely and not like any other diesel ive heard. RS5 style front grill. Standard grill supplied. Fly eye/ tinted rear lights. Facelift LED rear lights also supplied. Tinted side and rear windows. Front strut brace. 113k miles. Major service carried out recently. Full professional detail carried out recently by jw autoshine. Thousands spent. Comes with a full MOT. Heated seats. DRL. Cruise control.
i dont know how i can add photos to this post?

Last edited by longer; 25th November 2016 at 07:43 AM. Reason: added details
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 25th November 2016, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)

Garage
Always difficult to gauge, but from what i've seen modified cars dont go for more than the standard equivalent, and if anything can be much harder to sell...

That being said, it depends on your audience and where you advertise it. I would try on here and places like pistonheads first, then probably eBay.

Get a quote from WBAC and add 2k + what ever you think he mods are worth. That would be where I would start.

Another option is to revert the car back to standard and sell on a more general market like AutoTrader, and then sell the mods separately. Might see a better return that way?

Current: Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Black Ed. (65) - Sepang Blue

Sold: Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Sport (09) - Phantom Black
post #3 of 6 Old 26th November 2016, 04:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

I know mines high mileage & standard looking with 19"rotas paid 8k & hoping in a few years milage evens out & will probably still get 5k, work mate lost 7k in 1year on a new volvo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

post #4 of 6 Old 10th December 2016, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

not very good I think
post #5 of 6 Old 10th December 2016, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Agreed with all the above comments when buying a car Alot of people are put off modified cars just because they think they have been ragged about. The car alone at that many miles on a 57 plate I would price around the 7k mark if it had the sat nav spec then you would be looking at 8. People will never pay any extras for Mods I know a mate spent 14k on a car modified it to the brim lost 10k coming to sell it... Crazy
post #6 of 6 Old 13th December 2016, 12:03 PM
Cav

Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Garage
It's not always the case that people won't pay more for modified, but it depends just how tasteful it's all been done.

When I sold my old dog mover (Octavia Vrs) I saw one that was pretty much the same model/spec/miles and even in the same area go for around 800 more and the only difference was it was mapped.

Anyway, what I was going to say was, have a good look on ebay.
If you use the advanced search function, you can look at completed/sold listings and get a good gauge at what people are willing to bid too and also what kind of description seems to attract more views/interest.

A5 Coupe 3.0 TDi Quattro Sport
Ice Silver, 6 Speed Manual, 19" Y Spokes, B&O, HiD, Led Fogs, AMI, 2014 Nav, DRL, Leather, Sports grille, Tinted Windows, Fr bumper lip covered, Audi side Blades, Revo, 034 trans mount, S5 rear diffuser, Back box cut and Quad conversion

Last edited by Cav; 13th December 2016 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode