• 1 Post By DrEskimo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

A5 Black Edition coming to a new home soon

Hi,

I'm selling my 11 year old Alfa Romeo GT (well actually I'm more or less giving it back to the garage for organ donation, but that's another story). Spent ages deciding what car I wanted to buy and have my heart settled on a Black Edition, circa 2013, in Daytona Grey. The one potential downside is that it's a Sportback and I do think the Coupes look nicer. But I'll know for sure when I compare the two in the flesh on Friday.

Looking forward to joining what seems to be a group of very satisfied A5 owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)

Garage
Welcome Dave.

Have to agree, I prefer the Coupe too. Certainly not as practical though.

My S5 Black Ed. will be going up for sale soon if it might be of any interest to you? Although it is 65 plate in Sepang.

Current: Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Black Ed. (65) - Sepang Blue

Sold: Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Sport (09) - Phantom Black
post #3 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum, Dave!

I have always been a 2 door coupe guy and the only four door body style I liked is the SB. I have always admired the nice and elegant shape of the A7 line but this car is out of reach for me and it is too heavy for my driving pleasure. I always see the A5 SB as a baby A7 which makes it more attainable for me but back when I decided to buy my 2016 S5, the SB model was only available outside of North America. The SB gives you the practicality of having rear doors and a generous boot especially when the seats are folded. Very useful if you need to do a run to the hardware store or Ikea for some bulky items.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post
Welcome Dave.

Have to agree, I prefer the Coupe too. Certainly not as practical though.

My S5 Black Ed. will be going up for sale soon if it might be of any interest to you? Although it is 65 plate in Sepang.
Sepang is by far the best colour IMHO!
post #5 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 12:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomA5 View Post
Sepang is by far the best colour IMHO!
These are facts!

post #6 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
Hi,

I'm selling my 11 year old Alfa Romeo GT (well actually I'm more or less giving it back to the garage for organ donation, but that's another story). Spent ages deciding what car I wanted to buy and have my heart settled on a Black Edition, circa 2013, in Daytona Grey. The one potential downside is that it's a Sportback and I do think the Coupes look nicer. But I'll know for sure when I compare the two in the flesh on Friday.

Looking forward to joining what seems to be a group of very satisfied A5 owners.
Congratulations in advance DrDave!!!

Black edition Daytona Grey, UFFFFF that's a beauty, do take some pics!

Agreed the coupe does look nicer. But it also depends on what you've been staring at for longer... the Sportback IMHO looks longer... if you stare at all of the beautiful pics of the Sportback for too long then the coupe can suddenly look a bit short and stocky... alternatively if you look at the awesome coupe images on this forum then suddenly the Sportback looks a bit too long! Different roof line slopes and all that

There are some beautifully stanced Sportbacks out there though!!! I have a Phantom black sportback and it's super practical, the boot is the biggest boot I've ever had (had an A3 before), the extra doors are super handy if you have a big family and will be taking rear passengers regularly and still have a car that looks a trillion times better than 99% of the cars out there (that 1% of course being the coupe owners hahaha!)
PhantomA5 likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do like the practicality of the SB as I tried sitting in the back of a Coupe and wouldn't want to do that for long. But I don't really carry more than two passengers very often. I quite like that the SB is relatively unusual and I definitely like the looks. So I kind of doubt if I'll be able to resist handing over the cash on Thursday!

However, @DrEskimo, I'm interested to know what you might be asking for your car, the Sepang Blue is a great colour.
DrEskimo and plat27265 like this.
post #8 of 12 Old 16th May 2017, 11:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I do like the practicality of the SB as I tried sitting in the back of a Coupe and wouldn't want to do that for long. But I don't really carry more than two passengers very often. I quite like that the SB is relatively unusual and I definitely like the looks. So I kind of doubt if I'll be able to resist handing over the cash on Thursday!

However, @DrEskimo, I'm interested to know what you might be asking for your car, the Sepang Blue is a great colour.

It will be going on sale at a local garage at around 32k mark, but would be happy with 30k. Imagine it would go up at around 34/35k at an Audi garage. Considering it still has 18m warranty and brakes and tyres are all in good condition, I'm not sure they will actually do much to demand such a price, but there we are!

Barely run in at only 18months old and 12k miles.

post #9 of 12 Old 17th May 2017, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Congrats, I just bought a black edition in white and they look stunning

(2014) A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro S tronic
post #10 of 12 Old 17th May 2017, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)

Quote:
+1! Sepang is a very nice color. Same color as my S5. I believe our cars also have the same interior finish, i.e. penguin look or aka Lunar Silver/Black combo.
DrEskimo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 12 Old 17th May 2017, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by plat27265 View Post
+1! Sepang is a very nice color. Same color as my S5. I believe our cars also have the same interior finish, i.e. penguin look or aka Lunar Silver/Black combo.

Did plan too, but went with all black interior in the end mate.

Do like the penguin look though
plat27265 likes this.

post #12 of 12 Old 18th May 2017, 07:51 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Garage
I love the coupe. The SB is also very elegant but the line is slightly less wonderful.

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
3.2 V6 FSI 2WD automatic S line.
19" Y spokes with Pirelli P-Zeros.
162,000km. Leather interior. Love it !!
Recently had the wheels refurbished, bodywork polished, badges removed and fitted the pedal box booster. Full set of new Brembo discs and pads just fitted and calipers repainted in silver. New carbon mirror covers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode