Welcome new users - Introduce yourself here - Page 5 - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 1Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 140 Old 30th August 2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
red, Simon and Swadman,

Welcome to the site. Hope you all are enjoying the car and share with us how it is.
Andrew is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 140 Old 31st August 2007, 12:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
thanks andrew ,the sites a bit quite at the moment ,but i am sure it will get going once a few more people take delivery.
red 1 is offline  
post #123 of 140 Old 31st August 2007, 01:39 PM
Member
 
blackjack76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi, I am British expat living in Switzerland, bought my 3.0 TDI in July from my dealer in Geneva. Screwed up a few of the options as I ordered the car in French, sorted it out afterwards.

A5 3.0 TDI. Phantom Black, Light Grey Milano, Walnut Trim, Nav, AMI, B&O, Sports Seats, Electrics, Cruise, Parking System Plus, Tyre Pessure Monitor, Interior Light Pack, Rear LEDs. VAGCOM modifications. Bluefin re-map.
blackjack76 is offline  
 
post #124 of 140 Old 5th September 2007, 11:31 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi, just found the forum - looks great & very informative. Collecting my S5 this Saturday (8th Sep) Sprint Blue with pearl silver interior complete with all the normal toys etc... somethimes the days just don't go quick enough!!
Dan616 likes this.
JamieB is offline  
post #125 of 140 Old 10th September 2007, 12:55 AM
Junior Member
 
dbnichol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Helensburgh, Scotland
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Dbn

First post, have been looking through some of the comments for a number of weeks and found them to be informative, interesting and in some cases funny. I've been an Audi fan for many years and have at present an A6, ordered my A5 in August expecting delivery in October.
A5, 3.0 Tdi Sport, meteor grey, the '' y '' alloys, sat nav, etc etc.
Hope this forum continues.
dbnichol is offline  
post #126 of 140 Old 10th September 2007, 01:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southern England
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieB View Post
Hi, just found the forum - looks great & very informative. Collecting my S5 this Saturday (8th Sep) Sprint Blue with pearl silver interior complete with all the normal toys etc... somethimes the days just don't go quick enough!!
Would be interested to hear your comments after collecting Saturday as Im still 4 weeks away.
chrisH is offline  
post #127 of 140 Old 10th September 2007, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
JamieB & dbnichol,

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car.
Andrew is offline  
post #128 of 140 Old 10th September 2007, 02:33 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Central Scotland
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi there all forum members, found this great lookin site last night also by google search and look forward to the coming weeks and beyond participating.
My personal story so far is as follows; attended the Scottish launch @ The Falkirk Wheel (Google it, now one of Scotlands most popular attractions) back in July and was somewhat mesmarised with the A5, I took it hook, line and sinker, how it took me a further 2 months to book a test drive is beyond me (Being a Scotsman, it was probably the cost of the car!!!), anyways I must have been like putty in the salesmans hands, just could'nt fault the car, decided there and then I wanted to order even although I knew the 3 months wait was going to be a killer.....that was until he asked me if I would be interested in a car he had coming in a fortnight, ( I suspected it was a cancelled order) after getting the lowdown I decided to go for it ( it has a couple of extras I won't need or use!!) So heres the spec A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Sport; 19" Y's; Meteor Grey ; Cruise control ; heated front seats (Black leather); 6 CD changer; GSM mobile phone prep with bluetooth;...and...wait for it...just found out today after reading on this forum last night about the problems with the manual seats....electric seats, (free of charge of course) Well, a smack in the mouth would'nt have shifted the smile!
So, thats my short intro, I look forward to visiting here, and hope I can give a bit of input as well as getting some pointers from you peeps.
goombahxxx is offline  
post #129 of 140 Old 11th September 2007, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombahxxx View Post
Hi there all forum members, found this great lookin site last night also by google search and look forward to the coming weeks and beyond participating.
My personal story so far is as follows; attended the Scottish launch @ The Falkirk Wheel (Google it, now one of Scotlands most popular attractions) back in July and was somewhat mesmarised with the A5, I took it hook, line and sinker, how it took me a further 2 months to book a test drive is beyond me (Being a Scotsman, it was probably the cost of the car!!!), anyways I must have been like putty in the salesmans hands, just could'nt fault the car, decided there and then I wanted to order even although I knew the 3 months wait was going to be a killer.....that was until he asked me if I would be interested in a car he had coming in a fortnight, ( I suspected it was a cancelled order) after getting the lowdown I decided to go for it ( it has a couple of extras I won't need or use!!) So heres the spec A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Sport; 19" Y's; Meteor Grey ; Cruise control ; heated front seats (Black leather); 6 CD changer; GSM mobile phone prep with bluetooth;...and...wait for it...just found out today after reading on this forum last night about the problems with the manual seats....electric seats, (free of charge of course) Well, a smack in the mouth would'nt have shifted the smile!
So, thats my short intro, I look forward to visiting here, and hope I can give a bit of input as well as getting some pointers from you peeps.
Welcome and enjoy the car. Getting a deal on it is even better. I wish I could pick mine up in 2 weeks. I am back to a 3+ month wait.
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #130 of 140 Old 14th September 2007, 01:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
hi im glad ive found this club ive just ordered A5sport 2.7tdi auto ive been told expect delivery in mid nov but i dont think i will hold my breath
maverick1 is offline  
post #131 of 140 Old 14th September 2007, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Welcome to the site.
Andrew is offline  
post #132 of 140 Old 15th September 2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Potomac, Maryland
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
welcome to the site and enjoy your stay!
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #133 of 140 Old 20th September 2007, 06:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Sonic3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Herefordshire
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Pick mine up this sat morning after 18 months of fun in a Discovery 3
Sonic3d is offline  
post #134 of 140 Old 20th September 2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
sonic, welcome. Let us know how you like it.
Andrew is offline  
post #135 of 140 Old 21st September 2007, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
SAJ_1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK (Most likely @ a Petrol Station)
Posts: 2,337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hey peeps,

Just put my S5 order through today (after cancelling E92 M3) ....only down side is the long wait to March 08

Ahh well it'll be worth it, the spec is :- Ibis White, Magma Red Interior, Sat Nav, TV, Bang & Olufsen, Bluetooth, Comfort Pack, Hill Hold and Cruise
SAJ_1982 is offline  
post #136 of 140 Old 21st September 2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
SAJ,

Welcome, Rab (also in Scotland) has a Ibis White. Great looking color and congrats on the new car.
Andrew is offline  
post #137 of 140 Old 22nd September 2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Member
Site Sponsor
 
Spinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
 
Talking Had my S5 for a week now

Only done 400 miles in it but have to say it's by far the best car I've ever owned. Cant fault it except to say that I have to agree with most of the reviews that suggest it could do with a little more feedback through steering wheel but being the only fault I can live with it. Even the missus cant wait to get back in it and she's not a car fan at all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S5 04.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	144  
Spinner is offline  
post #138 of 140 Old 23rd September 2007, 12:34 AM
Senior Member
 
SAJ_1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: UK (Most likely @ a Petrol Station)
Posts: 2,337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
SAJ,

Welcome, Rab (also in Scotland) has a Ibis White. Great looking color and congrats on the new car.
Thanks Andrew.

Congrats on the car Spinner - any chance of a few more pics?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SAJ_1982 is offline  
post #139 of 140 Old 23rd September 2007, 04:26 AM
Senior Member
Site Sponsor
 
Spinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
 
More pics

Yep np I'll take a few more and post them within a few days for you
Spinner is offline  
post #140 of 140 Old 23rd September 2007, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Closed thread, please start a topic to introduce yourself. Thanks.
Andrew is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome