Welcome new users - Introduce yourself here - Page 3 - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 1Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 140 Old 26th July 2007, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
David,

Welcome to the site, enjoy and good luck in your search.
Andrew is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 140 Old 30th July 2007, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Potomac, Maryland
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hello. I'm looking into the Audi A5. Any word on what pricing will look like?

Just a another stupid question. How reliable is Audi? I really LOVE the A5.

I really don't know much about Audi's. Help would be greatly appreciated.

About me:

Name:Mo
Age:17(almost 18)
Ethnicity: Middle Eastern
Sex:Male
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #63 of 140 Old 30th July 2007, 05:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi all,

Great site with good info on the A5/S5.

Im in Australia and I have taken the plunge and ordered an S5. Phantom Black with Pearl Silver.

Should be arrriving in October. Cant wait!

Cheers,
Matt
OZ S5 is offline  
 
post #64 of 140 Old 30th July 2007, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ S5 View Post
Hi all,

Great site with good info on the A5/S5.

Im in Australia and I have taken the plunge and ordered an S5. Phantom Black with Pearl Silver.

Should be arrriving in October. Cant wait!

Cheers,
Matt
Welcome to the site.

I have to wait till November for my car.
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #65 of 140 Old 30th July 2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Matt,

Welcome to the site. The months will go quickly, October is right around the corner and with football season about to start!
Andrew is offline  
post #66 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 04:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi all, I'm new here, although I have trolled around the site a few times without signing up. I have an A5 3.0TDi Sport fully loaded with all the extras on order. I should have it in about 6 weeks!
SpinDrift is offline  
post #67 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 05:10 AM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post
Hi all, I'm new here, although I have trolled around the site a few times without signing up. I have an A5 3.0TDi Sport fully loaded with all the extras on order. I should have it in about 6 weeks!
Welcome.

Enjoy the car when it comes in. Specifically what options did you order?
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #68 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 05:33 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_xb9r View Post
Welcome.

Enjoy the car when it comes in. Specifically what options did you order?
Sport package plus with the 20mm drop, B&O sound system, DVD Sat Nav, AMI, DAB Radio, heated seats, comfort pack with full electrics, memory, auto mirrors and rain sensors etc, advanced key, hill hold, adaptive lights, interior lighting package, through load, privacy glass and 19" S5 wheels.

I may have missed something, but I'm sure that's most of it.

Edit - Oh yes, and bluetooth!

Last edited by SpinDrift; 1st August 2007 at 01:40 PM.
SpinDrift is offline  
post #69 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 08:09 AM
dkl
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi, I have just ordered a phantom black S5 with black leather int. Arrives in November. It will be my third audi ( TT + S4 Convertible.) Currently driving a mercedes SL 350, not impressed, looking forward to driving an audi quattro again.
Great site!
dkl is offline  
post #70 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post
Sport package plus with the 20mm drop, B&O sound system, DVD Sat Nav, AMI, DAB Radio, heated seats, comfort pack with full electrics, memory, auto mirrors and rain sensors etc, advanced key, hill hold, adaptive lights, interior lighting package, through load, privacy glass and 19" S5 wheels.

I may have missed something, but I'm sure that's most of it.
Nice package.

What is DAB Radio. I have never heard of this before.
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #71 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 08:24 AM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkl View Post
Hi, I have just ordered a phantom black S5 with black leather int. Arrives in November. It will be my third audi ( TT + S4 Convertible.) Currently driving a mercedes SL 350, not impressed, looking forward to driving an audi quattro again.
Great site!
Welcome.

Phantom Black is a beautiful color. Too much work for me to keep it clean. What other options did you go with?
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #72 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 12:59 PM
dkl
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_xb9r View Post
Welcome.

Phantom Black is a beautiful color. Too much work for me to keep it clean. What other options did you go with?
its ok I will get my wife to clean it!
I have got dvd sat nav, bluetooth, IPod connection.
dkl is offline  
post #73 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 01:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_xb9r View Post
Nice package.

What is DAB Radio. I have never heard of this before.
Digital Audio Broadcasting is something that European radio broadcasters have been pioneering over the past couple of years. Basically it's a higher fidelity transmission than FM, comparable to CD quality. DAB radio stations are quite prominent in the UK, the BBC being one of the main pioneers of the technology. DAB uses the AAC codec, a higher bitrate Advanced Audio Coding like MP3 (but better) to broadcast a digital signal.

Simply put, it's CD quality radio.
SpinDrift is offline  
post #74 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post
Hi all, I'm new here, although I have trolled around the site a few times without signing up. I have an A5 3.0TDi Sport fully loaded with all the extras on order. I should have it in about 6 weeks!
SpinDrift,

Welcome to the site, congrats on the new A5
Andrew is offline  
post #75 of 140 Old 1st August 2007, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post
Digital Audio Broadcasting is something that European radio broadcasters have been pioneering over the past couple of years. Basically it's a higher fidelity transmission than FM, comparable to CD quality. DAB radio stations are quite prominent in the UK, the BBC being one of the main pioneers of the technology. DAB uses the AAC codec, a higher bitrate Advanced Audio Coding like MP3 (but better) to broadcast a digital signal.

Simply put, it's CD quality radio.
Sounds like the HD radio that is premiered this year in the US. Hopefully the two technologies are compatable.
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #76 of 140 Old 4th August 2007, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
 
Rab88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland.
Posts: 1,807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Hi Folks. Just joined right this very second... glad to see there's an A5 OC!
I'm from Scotland in the UK.
My A5 will be arriving on september 1st. Got it pretty much fully loaded, in ibis white with linen beige sport seats. Really looking forward to it!

Rab.
Rab88 is offline  
post #77 of 140 Old 4th August 2007, 02:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab88 View Post
Hi Folks. Just joined right this very second... glad to see there's an A5 OC!
I'm from Scotland in the UK.
My A5 will be arriving on september 1st. Got it pretty much fully loaded, in ibis white with linen beige sport seats. Really looking forward to it!

Rab.
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum. Not that I've been on here very long though

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. Is the northern section of the M6 still as quiet and fuzz free as it used to be? That was always my favourite place to test top end out!
SpinDrift is offline  
post #78 of 140 Old 6th August 2007, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Rab,

Less than 30 days to arrival, congrats. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.
Andrew is offline  
post #79 of 140 Old 6th August 2007, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
 
Rab88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland.
Posts: 1,807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Thanx for the welcome lads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum. Not that I've been on here very long though

I'm sure you'll enjoy the car. Is the northern section of the M6 still as quiet and fuzz free as it used to be? That was always my favourite place to test top end out!
Not quite... the M74 and M6 is always littered with talivans on the overhead bridges... they have to make money somewhere, eh?
Rab88 is offline  
post #80 of 140 Old 7th August 2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Member
 
audilad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Durham ENGLAND
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
 
July,August now told September? A5 3.0TDI sport in silver.

Mal
audilad is offline  
post #81 of 140 Old 7th August 2007, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by audilad View Post
July,August now told September? A5 3.0TDI sport in silver.

Mal
Hi Mal.

Are you in the UK or US?
If you're in the UK, this may interest you:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthrea...-89/index.html
SpinDrift is offline  
post #82 of 140 Old 12th August 2007, 08:11 AM
Senior Member
 
jeff_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Difference between Junior Members and Members

Can someone explain to me the difference and why some of us are called Junior Members and others just Members?
jeff_sc is offline  
post #83 of 140 Old 12th August 2007, 10:53 AM
Senior Member
 
418BUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_sc View Post
Can someone explain to me the difference and why some of us are called Junior Members and others just Members?
I think you will find it is related to the number of posts.
418BUC is offline  
post #84 of 140 Old 13th August 2007, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Post count. I'll have to see what the settings are. I didn't even pay attention to this, thanks for pointing it out.
Andrew is offline  
post #85 of 140 Old 13th August 2007, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
 
wrx_xb9r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raymore, MO, USA
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
30 posts gets you to member status.
wrx_xb9r is offline  
post #86 of 140 Old 14th August 2007, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
jeff_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_xb9r View Post
30 posts gets you to member status.
Is that all?
jeff_sc is offline  
post #87 of 140 Old 14th August 2007, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
jeff_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_xb9r View Post
30 posts gets you to member status.
So if I want to shed my "Junior" status, all I have to do is post more messages?
jeff_sc is offline  
post #88 of 140 Old 14th August 2007, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
jeff_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx_xb9r View Post
30 posts gets you to member status.
In other words, if I understand you correctly, more posts means goodby "Junior"
jeff_sc is offline  
post #89 of 140 Old 14th August 2007, 07:00 AM
Senior Member
 
jeff_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 278
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_sc View Post
Is that all?
And another thing . . .
jeff_sc is offline  
post #90 of 140 Old 14th August 2007, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_sc View Post
So if I want to shed my "Junior" status, all I have to do is post more messages?
Yep, pretty trivial huh? The question is what's the next level? I'll have to look and see.
Andrew is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome