New Thread Issue - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 14th April 2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

New Thread Issue

When I try to post a new thread all of the typical buttons (font, URL link, post picture, YouTube, etc) are missing.

Smilies don't work either.

2017 S5: 3.0T S-Tronic; Technology Package, Black Optic/Black Optic Plus Package, Fine Nappa Leather, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays; Sport differential
2014 Q7 S-Line Prestige: 3.0T; Night Black/Black, Towing and Cold Weather Package, Adaptive Air Suspension
<Gone>2013 S5 Cab: 3.0T; Phantom Black/Black, Prestige Package, Driver Assist Package, Comfort Package, 19" 5-Spoke, Carbon Atlas Inlays
<Gone>2011 Q7 S-Line Prestige
<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 16th April 2017, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Is this the same on all browsers you use?
post #3 of 23 Old 17th April 2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomchi86 View Post
Is this the same on all browsers you use?
Yes. I always use Firefox, so tried on Edge, same issue.

I also can't use arrows in menus (Forums, New Posts, Tools, etc.); clicking on Forums takes me to the complete list, not allowing me to pick from drop down.

Even while typing this reply all of the buttons below Message are blank, except for YouTube and Speaker. And those don't work. I can't change fonts, insert smiley, insert image, etc. Smilies are visible to right, but clicking on them does nothing.

2017 S5: 3.0T S-Tronic; Technology Package, Black Optic/Black Optic Plus Package, Fine Nappa Leather, Layered Aluminum/Black Wood Inlays; Sport differential
2014 Q7 S-Line Prestige: 3.0T; Night Black/Black, Towing and Cold Weather Package, Adaptive Air Suspension
<Gone>2013 S5 Cab: 3.0T; Phantom Black/Black, Prestige Package, Driver Assist Package, Comfort Package, 19" 5-Spoke, Carbon Atlas Inlays
<Gone>2011 A5 Cab

post #4 of 23 Old 17th April 2017, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

I also just noted I can't see anyone's avatar, including mine!

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #5 of 23 Old 18th April 2017, 05:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
I've not been able to see most 'Attached Thumbnails' for a couple of days. Avatars gone too.

Looks like a forum software 'update' was a little buggy.

S5 Cabriolet - Phantom black, pearl effect - ADS with Dynamic steering and quattro sports diff, ACC, Advance Key, Heated memory seats, MMI 3G, Hill hold
post #6 of 23 Old 18th April 2017, 06:29 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)

Garage
Seeing similar weirdness from the web version on my iPad (Safari). I haven't checked out the site from the laptop yet, so I can't speak to whether the same issues are cropping up in the full version of Safari, Chrome or Firefox. I'll check in the morning.

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
post #7 of 23 Old 18th April 2017, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Hey guys,

We were having these issues over the weekend but it seems to be back working now. Are people still getting these issues?

Niall
post #8 of 23 Old 18th April 2017, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audia5admin View Post
Hey guys,

We were having these issues over the weekend but it seems to be back working now. Are people still getting these issues?

Niall
Well done that man, Thank you - also noticed that thumbnails now show under the 'Attached Thumbnail' text in threads. I thought it was because I was a newbie that I didn't have permissions to view images - which I thought was rather daft as this is a car forum but I take it all back
post #9 of 23 Old 18th April 2017, 01:38 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)

Garage
It's all looking good now, Niall - everything appears to be back where it should be, and functioning as expected. Thank you!

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
post #10 of 23 Old 18th April 2017, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Not fixed here. Still same issues--don't see any avatars, no buttons in reply as I'm typing this.

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #11 of 23 Old 19th April 2017, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
Not fixed here. Still same issues--don't see any avatars, no buttons in reply as I'm typing this.
Hey there,

Have you cleared your cache/cookies? I understand you tried on different browsers but the issues persists. Try the site on the classic skin and let us know if that works. The work done over the weekend may still be having some effects for some accounts but switching to the classic skins seems to be functioning properly until the full one clears.

Let us know if that works and/or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie
post #12 of 23 Old 19th April 2017, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey there,

Have you cleared your cache/cookies? I understand you tried on different browsers but the issues persists. Try the site on the classic skin and let us know if that works. The work done over the weekend may still be having some effects for some accounts but switching to the classic skins seems to be functioning properly until the full one clears.

Let us know if that works and/or if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie
Everything is functional in classic skin mode.

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #13 of 23 Old 20th April 2017, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)

How do I switch to classic skin mode? I am experiencing all of these issues too

Black A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Black Edition Coupe
post #14 of 23 Old 20th April 2017, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Easiest way is to use the drop menu at the bottom of each page in the left corner. That will be a temp change though. If you decide you like Classic and want to make it permanent, go to UserCP>Edit Options>Misc Options and the change will be permanent.

We think we have a fix on this issue now though. Anyone still seeing it with Full Skin?

Kevin
post #15 of 23 Old 20th April 2017, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Easiest way is to use the drop menu at the bottom of each page in the left corner. That will be a temp change though. If you decide you like Classic and want to make it permanent, go to UserCP>Edit Options>Misc Options and the change will be permanent.

We think we have a fix on this issue now though. Anyone still seeing it with Full Skin?

Kevin
I just switched to Full and Default--still experiencing negative issues both.

Back to Classic.....

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #16 of 23 Old 21st April 2017, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
I just switched to Full and Default--still experiencing negative issues both.

Back to Classic.....
can you try testing to see if it's a browser issue?

open the site up in incognito mode and log in to post again.
Let me know if this works.

Lee
post #17 of 23 Old 21st April 2017, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
can you try testing to see if it's a browser issue?

open the site up in incognito mode and log in to post again.
Let me know if this works.

Lee
Firefox incognito mode (Private Browsing) - same problems.

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #18 of 23 Old 21st April 2017, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Just tried default mode in MS Edge, and all was good, so appears to be a Firefox issue now.

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #19 of 23 Old 24th April 2017, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Hey there,

Just to clarify Force-1 are you still running into these issues in the Full and Classic skins?

I know this has been asked already, but can you please clear Firefoxes Cache and cookies, and give it another shot?
The fix has been sent out, so this should be cleared up.
If anyone else if still running into these issues, please let us know.

Richard.
post #20 of 23 Old 25th April 2017, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Ive run classic for a few days without issue, back to full and the issues remain - Chrome

Black A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Black Edition Coupe
post #21 of 23 Old Yesterday, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangey. View Post
Ive run classic for a few days without issue, back to full and the issues remain - Chrome
are you running any adblock or no script on your browsers? if you are, you'll need to make some adjustments.

Please unblock the script that says [verticalscope] from the adblock and it should work again.

Lee
post #22 of 23 Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey there,

Just to clarify Force-1 are you still running into these issues in the Full and Classic skins?

I know this has been asked already, but can you please clear Firefoxes Cache and cookies, and give it another shot?
The fix has been sent out, so this should be cleared up.
If anyone else if still running into these issues, please let us know.

Richard.
Cleared FF cookies and cache, same issues with full (classic works fine). Also turned off ABP, reloaded forum, same issues.

<Gone>2011 A5 Cab
post #23 of 23 Old Today, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Hey Force-1,

Did you ensure that there aren't any other plugins running the same time in the background? Be sure to thoroughly check that as that could be causing this for you. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing - disabling your adblocker and still the issue persists?

Also, could you check if javascript might be turned off for your browser?

For the time being, use the classic skin until we figure this out. Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode