LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 2nd April 2017, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Decent MOT Testing Station

hi,
it's that time of the year and as it's my 1st year with this car i don't want to give it to Audi directly as i don't really like the service they provided to me so far so want to find any local decent MOT testing stations around Bedfordshire area, to be precise Dunstable, but would travel for a good few miles as long as i know that they do decent job and obviously for decent price. any suggestions would be really good, thanks all in advance!
cheers.

S5 3.0T Quattro Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Ibis White 3G+MMI Nav, B&O, DAB, Bluetooth, AMI, 20" Gloss Black 7 Double Spokes, Auto Dim RVM, Elec. Folding & Auto Dim Mem Mirrors, Cruise Control, Black Leather Heated Electric Memory Seats, Xenon Plus & LED DRL's, High Beam Assist, Parking System Advanced, Panoramic Sunroof, Tinted Windows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 2nd April 2017, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)

Garage
Indetech in MK can organise MOTs, well respected, and won't screw you over on any required repairs.
My brother lives in Dunstable, I'll ask him if he knows anywhere good for a closer to home option

Beep beep.
post #3 of 12 Old 2nd April 2017, 07:26 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)

Garage
Nice looking car mate!!!

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
3.2 V6 FSI 2WD automatic S line.
19" Y spokes with Pirelli P-Zeros.
162,000km. Full black leather interior. Love it !!
Recently had the wheels refurbished, bodywork polished, badges removed and fitted the pedal box booster. Full set of new Brembo discs and pads just fitted and calipers repainted in silver. New carbon mirror covers. Just replaced all 4 shocks too.

post #4 of 12 Old 2nd April 2017, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
Indetech in MK can organise MOTs, well respected, and won't screw you over on any required repairs.
My brother lives in Dunstable, I'll ask him if he knows anywhere good for a closer to home option
To be fair I don't think i would mind going to MK if that's needed, just need to find someone who would be close enough just to drop in the car in case of emergencies etc.
Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRoma View Post
Nice looking car mate!!!
Thanks
post #5 of 12 Old 4th April 2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just booked it with indetech for few weeks from now - 45 and they will provide me with a courtesy car free of charge! Pleased with that, Watford Audi charges 20 if you want a courtesy car on top of the job that you would do and 5 more for the mot also, but they give you something like 700 for parts if you would fail your mot on non wear and tear parts
post #6 of 12 Old 4th April 2017, 10:35 AM

Garage
The Audi deal sounds good but when I looked into it, it only counts from the second MOT you have with them, so they'll just sting you good on the first :-(

Beep beep.
post #7 of 12 Old 5th April 2017, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
The Audi deal sounds good but when I looked into it, it only counts from the second MOT you have with them, so they'll just sting you good on the first :-(
Nothing unusual I suppose, I'm quite prepared to pay for something that needs to be done, but they're just cunning basterds trying to lure you in and skin you... Just don't trust them after all the shit I went thru after buying the car, so would rather support someone who deserves it
post #8 of 12 Old 18th April 2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Done the mot today, used indetech and the guys are nice and with 45 price including the courtesy car the price ain't bad. Got a few advisories, back tyres going close to limit and another one is quite weird that I cant really figure out, it says - fitted undertray? Wtf would that suppose to mean???
post #9 of 12 Old 18th April 2017, 10:41 PM

Garage
The MOT testers aren't allowed to remove anything. Your car has an undertray, so they couldn't see anything behind it. They have to mention it for legal reasons, in case you have an accident because something hidden by the undertray failed, you can't tell them off for not inspecting it.

Beep beep.
post #10 of 12 Old 19th April 2017, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
The MOT testers aren't allowed to remove anything. Your car has an undertray, so they couldn't see anything behind it. They have to mention it for legal reasons, in case you have an accident because something hidden by the undertray failed, you can't tell them off for not inspecting it.
Well I suppose that's why that part was invented, to cover somethin up in order to maintain it better, but I just couldn't figure out what they meant...
Thanks for clearing up
post #11 of 12 Old 19th April 2017, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I always use Mr Clutch in Bletchley, never had any problems with them at all. Seem to be an honest buncch
post #12 of 12 Old 21st April 2017, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusbob View Post
I always use Mr Clutch in Bletchley, never had any problems with them at all. Seem to be an honest buncch
have used them before when my fiat needed new clutch and job was done perfectly, the price was a bit too much tho

S5 3.0T Quattro Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Ibis White 3G+MMI Nav, B&O, DAB, Bluetooth, AMI, 20" Gloss Black 7 Double Spokes, Auto Dim RVM, Elec. Folding & Auto Dim Mem Mirrors, Cruise Control, Black Leather Heated Electric Memory Seats, Xenon Plus & LED DRL's, High Beam Assist, Parking System Advanced, Panoramic Sunroof, Tinted Windows

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode