Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Audi A5 3.0 tdi (240ps) performance questions

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  K7ERG 
#1 ·
Few questions before I start looking .

Best remap and mods to get over 300ps.

If anything else is recommended dpf, egr etc.

Gearbox - Manual or auto for reliability once remapped

Brakes - any good or do they need upgraded?

Thanks in advance

Craig

#2 ·
Hi Craig

This topic has been discussed to death so using searching button before you post might be a good idea :)

There is no such thing as best remap, most remap stage one will get you around 280hp+ pair up with a catback exhaust you should get close to 300hp. Then if you want to go stage 2 which will give you around 310-330hp, you be gutting dpf, bigger intercooler, better intake and stronger remap.

Our gearbox is very strong and I havent' heard of any having issue with remap causing gearbox failure. Auto is good for 700nm and Manual is good for 780nm but DSG is not recommend to go pass 650nm.

I am running stage 2+ and brakes isn't too bad but soon going to upgrade rotor to 345mm from 300mm and some performance brake pad.

Good luck :)

#5 ·
Apology I meant to type 550nm, Our engine is super strong, lot of people running remap with 200,000+ still going strong.

#7 · (Edited)
Oil is every 8-9000miles, service every 16000miles, however the oil can be re-set via the mmi twice before it has to have a change and audi-reset.

plymouth audi oil change ~£190
plymouth audi service (no oil change) ~£250
Plymouth audi oil and service ~£320

kwikfit oil change (using same oil as audi) ~ £80
kwikfit service with oil change ~£180

prices are aprox based on my memory and last year

running 290bhp and a catback (miltek) and getting 40-45mpg on motorway runs (similar to my 1.6 focus tdi)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.