Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Audi A5 pre 2012 headlight conversion

18K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  donsimon 
#1 ·
Hi all,
So I have a 2011 A5 with the first gen Xenon daytime running headlights.

However I really love the look of the post onwards led headlights that make the cars look so much more aggressive . I've attactched a picture to show the headlights I'd like to add.

I previously had a BMW 3 series and was able to update the headlights, so I was wondering can you do it on the A5's?

Although I would assume YES is the answer, I literally can't find any info on it or sellers anywhere.

All helpful input welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You can do it, but you'll need new bumper, bonnet, and grill. And fog lights, and adapters, and a fat wallet.

It's not technically difficult, just at least a grand it parts.

#3 ·
I am doing facelift conversion right now. It is with RS5 conversion in the same time.
You need:
2012+ facelift hood
2012+ bumper set (best to take something like A5 to RS5 convesrion kit)
2012+ facelift headlights + electronic (adaptive or not - up to you, if adaptive, than 2 aditional modules)
Bumper to headlight brackets

Rear:
2012+ rear facelift tail lights

If you need more info, PM me.

#5 ·
Something I'm wanting to do - what is the cost in parts Mario?

#11 ·
Hi Mario, I am down in South Africa and have successfully been able to do the same conversion (2012 A5 to Rs5 2014) though front only.

It looks great but I am struggling with the warning lights on the dash (low beam and turning signal). The DRL does not deem down when signalling, they switch off completely and at night when the xenon's switch on, the DRL goes off completely.

The light have two modules, I suspect it has something to do with the coding on VDCS.

Please assist should you still you able to, thank you.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.