Lowering the car!! Need some advice please! - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 15th February 2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Lowering the car!! Need some advice please!

I have recently bought a 19x9.5J ET35 wheels and planning to add a 15mm F and 15or20mm R spacers. However, I would like to change the suspension spring at the same time to save some time.

I am after KW spring or H H&R Sport Springs. But I am not sure which mm do I need . I want to get a flush look without any rubbing and not lowering too much with about 1 - 1.5 finger gap left between the wheel and fender.

My car is an A5 2.0 TDI with std suspension. Thanks so much!

Last edited by Jasonfok908; 15th February 2017 at 05:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 15th February 2017, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonfok908 View Post
I have recently bought a 19x9.5J ET35 wheels and planning to add a 15mm F and 15or20mm R spacers. However, I would like to change the suspension spring at the same time to save some time.

I am after KW spring or H H&R Sport Springs. But I am not sure which mm do I need . I want to get a flush look without any rubbing and not lowering too much with about 1 - 1.5 finger gap left between the wheel and fender.

hi mate

Iam running 20x9.5j et35

I have 25mm spacers at the back and 20mm spacers at the front and lowered all round on H&R springs that give it a 30mm drop with no rubbing at all ( I have an s -line) and about a 1 figer gap.

when you say standard suspension I assume yours is not an s-line or doesn't have sport suspension (lower than standard suspension)

your spacers will be fine with the wheels you have and shouldn’t experience any rubbing

you should lower about 35 mm to get the flush look you are after with a finger gap between arch and tyre as required

thanks
post #3 of 15 Old 16th February 2017, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2JML View Post
Quote:

hi mate

Iam running 20x9.5j et35

I have 25mm spacers at the back and 20mm spacers at the front and lowered all round on H&R springs that give it a 30mm drop with no rubbing at all ( I have an s -line) and about a 1 figer gap.

when you say standard suspension I assume yours is not an s-line or doesn't have sport suspension (lower than standard suspension)

your spacers will be fine with the wheels you have and shouldn?t experience any rubbing

you should lower about 35 mm to get the flush look you are after with a finger gap between arch and tyre as required

thanks
Thanks so much mate! You basically answer all the questions that I had! U were correct, I am having the non s-line suspension. But I just wanna ask should I go for the h&r 35mm sport spring or 30mm? Thanks!!!

post #4 of 15 Old 16th February 2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much mate! You basically answer all the questions that I had! U were correct, I am having the non s-line suspension. But I just wanna ask should I go for the h&r 35mm sport spring or 30mm? Thanks!!!
No worries Pal, go for the 35 seem as you have non s line suspension

look forward to the pics
post #5 of 15 Old 18th February 2017, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
No worries Pal, go for the 35 seem as you have non s line suspension

look forward to the pics
Thanks mate, but have you got any pict of your car. I am still not sure if I should go for 35mm. I don't want to get it too low, and I just wanna a reasonable lower than stock look. And I also have to travel up and down hill, speed bump and car park normally. Thanks!
post #6 of 15 Old 18th February 2017, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
This is a 2011 with 20-25 Hr spacer and HR sport springs....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	136690  

H&R 20mm Front 25mm rear DRA spacers,
H&R OE Sport Springs
K&N Air filter, Rear
Audi 4 Ring Entry Lights,
Ultra Racing strut brace,
post #7 of 15 Old 18th February 2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoA5 View Post
This is a 2011 with 20-25 Hr spacer and HR sport springs....
Thanks mate, are all the sport springs with 1.3" drop (35mm) and have you got the S-line suspension or non-sline one? Thanks
post #8 of 15 Old 19th February 2017, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Depicted is a non s-line 2.0 (non tdi). Hope this helps.

H&R 20mm Front 25mm rear DRA spacers,
H&R OE Sport Springs
K&N Air filter, Rear
Audi 4 Ring Entry Lights,
Ultra Racing strut brace,
post #9 of 15 Old 21st February 2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoA5 View Post
Depicted is a non s-line 2.0 (non tdi). Hope this helps.
Is this Sport spring or OE sport Spring? Coz i saw your pervious post said that u had OE sport
post #10 of 15 Old 21st February 2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks mate, but have you got any pict of your car. I am still not sure if I should go for 35mm. I don't want to get it too low, and I just wanna a reasonable lower than stock look. And I also have to travel up and down hill, speed bump and car park normally. Thanks!
if you have got instagram check out my profile @D2JML

plenty of pics on their to see my ride height
post #11 of 15 Old 22nd February 2017, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
if you have got instagram check out my profile @D2JML

plenty of pics on their to see my ride height
Your car look sick!!! Just wanna ask where did you get the red seat belt done?

Moreover? For the lowering spring, I guess your sline suspension with h&r sport spring will be lower than mine of the standard suspension with h&r spring. Thanks!

Last edited by Jasonfok908; 22nd February 2017 at 05:51 AM.
post #12 of 15 Old 22nd February 2017, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Quote:

Moreover? For the lowering spring, I guess your sline suspension with h&r sport spring will be lower than mine of the standard suspension with h&r spring. Thanks!
AFAIK, according to H&R they advise the amount of lowering from their springs is given in mm from a baseline model. The sport springs from H&R as I understand it, will lower the A5 by 35mm from the standard baseline car. If the A5 further have S-line or S-line sport springs on it will not have an effect on the base amount of lowering, but relatively, as I think the S-line and sport are 10 and 20mm respectively from the standard? you'll get a car that then would be 25 or 15mm lower on H&R sport springs.

As I understand it, like for like the car would achieve the same height over ground if you both go for the same lowering springs. I forgot the difference between H&R and H&R sport but I think it's 10mm?

Regards
post #13 of 15 Old 22nd February 2017, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wreckless View Post
Quote:

AFAIK, according to H&R they advise the amount of lowering from their springs is given in mm from a baseline model. The sport springs from H&R as I understand it, will lower the A5 by 35mm from the standard baseline car. If the A5 further have S-line or S-line sport springs on it will not have an effect on the base amount of lowering, but relatively, as I think the S-line and sport are 10 and 20mm respectively from the standard? you'll get a car that then would be 25 or 15mm lower on H&R sport springs.

As I understand it, like for like the car would achieve the same height over ground if you both go for the same lowering springs. I forgot the difference between H&R and H&R sport but I think it's 10mm?

Regards
Thanks mate, so I guess I will be very safe to run 35mm drop as my car is an basemodel?

Last edited by Jasonfok908; 22nd February 2017 at 06:27 AM.
post #14 of 15 Old 22nd February 2017, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Garage
Mine on -35mm H&R,s with 15mmF and 20mmR spacers.
Since these pics were taken (2 days after fitting) the car has dropped some more, probably another 5mm all round
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Just about done 17-4-16 #3.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	378.1 KB
ID:	136794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Just about done 17-4-16 #7.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	136802  

2008 2.0 ltr TFSi Sport

ECS intake pipe, Pipercross filter, R8 red tops, 15mm (F) & 20mm (R) spacers, -35mm Springs, Eccentric, Poly, upper control arm bushes, Debadged and Dechromed, OEM Audi body kit (lip spoiler, side skirts, diffuser and bumper spoilers, boot lip spoiler.

Have the parts to do:-
Full RS5 Piano black trim, RS5 pedal set and foot rest, ECS oil catch can kit.

Last edited by A5JXU08; 22nd February 2017 at 08:54 AM.
post #15 of 15 Old 22nd February 2017, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5JXU08 View Post
Mine on -35mm H&R,s with 15mmF and 20mmR spacers.
Since these pics were taken (2 days after fitting) the car has dropped some more, probably another 5mm all round
I have -35mm HR on mine and with reference to your picture mine is roughly the same at the rear and much lower at the front. The front wheels start to disappear into the arch on mine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0063 kopi.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	136818  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode