LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 18th October 2016, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My audi concert upgrade

Hello 2 all

drive2.ru/l/9184799/

My installation, but don't like poor oem lcd, difficult to read small text.
I have:
navi,
wifi
bluetooth
usb 3g modem
capacitive touch screen support 5 fingers
front, and rear camera with dinamic lines like oem
voice control
TV
Internet
and so on
Firstly I was thinking to install android tv box, but then installed radxa rock pro

You may look about quality and Capacitive Touch screen youtube.com/watch?v=kVyMukqfsdQ
Also I have voice control youtube.com/watch?v=vKdzDSOLtts
Rear and front view camera youtube.com/watch?v=1JXKR5A8N88

это стоило мне 400 $
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 28th November 2016, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

can you be a little more informative? where did you buy it, did you mount it, what did you buy. etc etc.
post #3 of 12 Old 5th December 2016, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

It's spam.

A5 Coupй '08
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contact me for rear LED adapters and other wire harnasses for retrofitting.

post #4 of 12 Old 5th December 2016, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Garage
Just opened the links. I don't think it's spam, mate. I definitely agree that he should be more informative though!

T.

2008 AUDI A5 COUPE | 2.0 TFSI | METALLIC TOPAZ BLUE

Let the mods begin...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 Old 5th December 2016, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalibA5 View Post
Just opened the links. I don't think it's spam, mate. I definitely agree that he should be more informative though!

T.
Hi, sorry, my english is poor, just open this links
First we need to buy video interface for front and rear view cameras,(rear camera with dinamic lines, front camera works after we swithed of R- gear and swithed on Drive, it works before our speed is less than 10 km an hour) also interface swithes on our radxa rock pro by pushing NAVI button at steering wheel - below is a link where to buy
There are two variants of interface - with navi under win ce 6.0 and, support resistive touch. But resistive touch is an outdated technology. I decided to use capacitive touch and I bought interface without build in navi - it has 1 video input - there I connected my radxa.
roadpassion.net/product/60363760702-220772162/DVD_Player_RGB_Interface_For_AUDI_NON_MMI_10_PIN_S uqare_Connector.html

then
drive2.ru/l/9184799/ use google translate

drive2.com/l/9951593/ - about touch screen, bought it at aliexpress ali.ski/Y0dMl- it is a capacitive touch, we need to buy capacitive touch controller - (touch screen connects to touch controller and touch controller connects to usb port of our radxa) touch screen controller support 5 fingers, it has a calibration mode.
link to touch screen controller (it is named as YAM_TOUCH_I2C_SIMPLE ) - pccar.ru/showthread.php?t=20905]Windows & Андроид мультитач контроллер емкостного экрана. - PCCar.ru - Ваш автомобильный компьютер it is a forum were you may wath several videos how it works - seller name YAM1966 (from ukraine)

drive2.com/l/9661341/ - power supply for radxa with galvanic isolation to avoid a ground loop, to avoid interference Audio
there are all items I used with links.

usb gps for navi ali.ski/B591Pq

Also I installed digital TV averTV510 (connects to radxa via usb - soft from play market)

Usb microphone - any you want

usb 3g modem - any one
About audio, works well only if you don't have oem bluetooth, also works with oem bluetooth, but it will not work for call
audio works via aux or in auto mode - for that I made comparator - it woks as bluetooth cellphone incoming call ( connect to audi concert bluetooth pins at squre connector, and when we have incoming audio signal (music and so on, any audion) from our radxa this device automatically mute oem audio (by relay)
post about it drive2.ru/l/10301026/
drive2.ru/l/10125296/
video
youtube.com/watch?v=Fx_gxCD5CRg

voice control video, how it works youtube.com/watch?v=vKdzDSOLtts

How my installations works video youtube.com/watch?v=kVyMukqfsdQ
Video about cameras work youtube.com/watch?v=1JXKR5A8N88
drive2.com/l/9351496/
drive2.com/l/9415259/

My CarJournal at drive2.ru - you may register there and ask me something - drive2.com/r/audi/1351665/

Sorry for bad English and poor explanation, hope you have understood something
post #6 of 12 Old 5th December 2016, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baas J. View Post
It's spam.
it is not spam, man!
post #7 of 12 Old 5th December 2016, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Ok, benefit of the doubt.... I saw his post count and immediatly linking to Romanian site. Thats why. Sorry anyways!

A5 Coupй '08
Contact me for rear LED adapters and other wire harnasses for retrofitting.
post #8 of 12 Old 7th December 2016, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Romanian??? :-D
post #9 of 12 Old 23rd December 2016, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi davaiprivet,

Can you let me know if you are running a frontend on the Android box?
Also, what are you doing about battery management, do you power everything down with ignition off or somehow hibernate the Android box?

Steve
post #10 of 12 Old 26th December 2016, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCac View Post
Hi davaiprivet,

Can you let me know if you are running a frontend on the Android box?
Also, what are you doing about battery management, do you power everything down with ignition off or somehow hibernate the Android box?

Steve
Hi, Steve, it is a little bit difficult to understand you because of my bad english and poor google translation to russian.
First part of your question " if you are running a frontend on the Android box?" - don't understand it ( explain me using simple words)

Second question: My android board works as oem radio after ignition is off (oem audi concert works for about 10 minites and swithes off - we can change this time using VCDS) .
scheme of android connection is :
1) we connect our video interface to audi concert
2) we connect power supply with galvanic isolation (galvanic isolation is a very important part to avoid a ground loop (we need to break the ground that there was no noise)
img.xcomdb.ru/25/1d/57a2f1d251d3f995698047_310.jpg
(NSD15-12S5 MeanWell) to our video interface (there is 1 output 5ampere in video interface)
3) Then we connect our android board to NSD15-12S5 MeanWell - 3 ampere

All system works after we switched on ignition and pressed navi button at steering wheel, if we switched off ignition it works 10 minutes like our radio and we can change this time via VCDS coding.

Hope you understand

Now I am trying to make a video converter rgb666 to vga and composite, I wanna change poor oem lcd 6.5 to 7" high quality lcd, I want to convert oem video signal and broadcast it to new one. It is very difficult, but I will try to do this.

This is a picture of my converter, it is a first variant, but now there are several changes
a.d-cd.net/aa35726s-960.jpg

and also there is stupid rules, I can't give you liks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mean.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	132898   Click image for larger version

Name:	convert.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	132906  
post #11 of 12 Old 26th December 2016, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaiprivet View Post
Hi, Steve, it is a little bit difficult to understand you because of my bad english and poor google translation to russian.
First part of your question " if you are running a frontend on the Android box?" - don't understand it ( explain me using simple words)

Second question: My android board works as oem radio after ignition is off (oem audi concert works for about 10 minites and swithes off - we can change this time using VCDS) .
scheme of android connection is :
1) we connect our video interface to audi concert
2) we connect power supply with galvanic isolation (galvanic isolation is a very important part to avoid a ground loop (we need to break the ground that there was no noise)
img.xcomdb.ru/25/1d/57a2f1d251d3f995698047_310.jpg
(NSD15-12S5 MeanWell) to our video interface (there is 1 output 5ampere in video interface)
3) Then we connect our android board to NSD15-12S5 MeanWell - 3 ampere

All system works after we switched on ignition and pressed navi button at steering wheel, if we switched off ignition it works 10 minutes like our radio and we can change this time via VCDS coding.

Hope you understand

Now I am trying to make a video converter rgb666 to vga and composite, I wanna change poor oem lcd 6.5 to 7" high quality lcd, I want to convert oem video signal and broadcast it to new one. It is very difficult, but I will try to do this.

This is a picture of my converter, it is a first variant, but now there are several changes
a.d-cd.net/aa35726s-960.jpg

and also there is stupid rules, I can't give you liks
What I mean is, the Android unit must come with stock operating system, are you using any software to make this look and feel better, show only the icons you want? Hope that makes sense.

How are you managing power up / shutdown, how long does it take for Android to start?

Sorry about the questions, trying to make sense of this and you are the expert :-)
post #12 of 12 Old 26th December 2016, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCac View Post
What I mean is, the Android unit must come with stock operating system, are you using any software to make this look and feel better, show only the icons you want? Hope that makes sense.

How are you managing power up / shutdown, how long does it take for Android to start?

Sorry about the questions, trying to make sense of this and you are the expert :-)
geekbox, radxa2

cold start 30 second , if we use bootanimation it can be longer

About icons, I use Car Launcher Pro from play market, or we can make another interface using novalauncher and other you like, it is possible to make original audi interface if you are good with photoshop.

Also if you need to manage power by another way, it is possible to make smart power supply, using arduino, it will manage different scenarios you want, but it is another story :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode