Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

best A5 front bumper/grills?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr.wreckless 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

I recently had a bump in my car which has resulted in damage to the grill, bumper and fog surrounds.

Rather than go back with the standard oem parts, i quite fancy going with a custom bumper and grille.

the car is a 2010 A5 s-line spec. edition…. I wondered if anyone could make any recommendations as to replacement parts?

Also, i’ve never had any bodywork done before so if anybody could also give me an indication of a fair price for prep/paint and fit costs that a good bodyshop would charge, that would be great.

Lastly - can i expect my insurance premium to go up because of custom bodywork?

thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I have a Xenonz RS front bumper on mine. Reported by the fitter to be decent quality and good fitment. Other choices are ABT, Caractere, Rieger and standard Audi.

Regards

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks folks.

Really like the look of the xenonz rs bumper.

Wreck - I'm assuming this is the kit you have? If so, I notice that it comes with gloss black side grills - but they don't appear to have cut outs for the fog lights... Can you advise,if yours came with cut outs for fogs?

#5 ·
I'm also wondering whether the Xenonz RS bumper (pre facelift) and the standard S-line bumpers are very different? I can't see a massive difference, so wonder if I'm perhaps spending money i dont need to when I could just get an OEM replacement.

#6 ·
Yes, I have the Xenonz RS replica bumper for my A5.

I think it sounds to me like you have spotted the very obvious difference of the lacking fog-lights with the RS. This is how it is, there are no fogs on the RS at all, there is a resistor with the kit that prevents a bulb out light in the instrument cluster should you push the front fog button. If you really want fogs then go OEM.

I believe gloss black is the only option for the side grills, I was certainly never given a choice. However, I have ACC in my car and had to buy an OEM RS5 side grill with the radar cut out and that fit, so perhaps you should consider asking Audi if they have an OEM RS side grill in any other color than gloss black? However that would sort of negate the point of not spending more than needed.

To me, and many others, there is a significant difference between a standard and S-Line to an RS front bumper. I feel it looks meatier, more aggressive and gives the car a massive presence as it travels along the road. It is aesthetics only, but you should make your mind up for what would suit your tastes and budget and go for what you decide.

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.