1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lewis4681

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 24th April 2016, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Dynavin N6 A5 fitted

So, my car came with Audi AMI and no Nav so have wanted a nav unit for ages, no way I was spending over 2k on the Alpine unit and am not keen on the looks of it to be honest so had a look at the Dynavin N6 A5 unit instead.

Found some very nice folk at a place called Car Vision UK in Droitwich who do free fitting and they answered all my questions and confirmed it was compatible so decided to go for it.

Has been in for a week now and am pretty happy with the system, touch screen is very quick and responsive, looks wise, it is very OEM, main menu screen is a copy of the facelift MMI screen and heater controls now look like facelift too.
Can load any splash screen you like, so pulled one I liked off internet and loaded it up.

So things I now have that I didn't before.
Now have ipod album art showing, bluetooth music streaming from my phone, can watch movies from USB stick and IGO Primo navigation with full european maps which works great.
Went for the DAB+ add on as well, but reception where I live seems to be pretty poor so not overly impressed at the mo.

Would def recommend the unit and the folk at Car Vision UK who were more than helpful.

Excuse the crappy pic, on an ipad so its one per post and can't convert to jpg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	689.6 KB
ID:	118633  

Meteor grey 2.0 TDI coupe - Full facelift conversion/s line upgrade - Auto electric folding mirrors - Satin silver S5 mirror caps - 19" S5 alloys - Heated leather seats - Parking system Plus - Auto wipers/lights - Auto dimming rear view mirror - Black edition flat bottom steering wheel - Cruise control - Interior light pack - Bluetooth phone prep - Audi music interface - 3.0 Ltr rear exhaust - Stainless steel pedal set - DTUK CRDT2+ Tuning box - 034 transmission mount - Dynavin N6 A5 navigation.

Last edited by Lewis4681; 24th April 2016 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 25th April 2016, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I have one of these. It was installed by the dealer I bought the car from (non-Audi) for free (well, as a part of the purchase deal). I've been generally pleased, but it has a few issues. I'd be interested to hear whether yours suffers any of them...

1. The USB cables enables me to listed to Spotify on my iPhone, but it's hit and miss as to whether it will recognise the phone when I connect it.
2. Maybe 1 in 10 times when I switch it on the screen won't light - only a full ignition cycle will get it back.
3. If I have the climate on Auto, the climate graphics appear on the screen every time the climate auto adjusts.

As I understand it I have one of the earliest units released, so maybe they ironed out some of the bugs in later versions...

S5 Black Edition (2013)
post #3 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

99% of my music is on an ipod touch that I connect to the usb, have had no issues with it recognising my ipod so far and the A2DP has worked fine with youtube and iTunes but I dont use spotify.

No issues with screen as of yet either.

Yes the climate display does still pop up if fan speed changes, doesn't bother me but can see why you might find it annoying, you can turn it off and just use the cars own digital display if its too annoying.

Will keep an eye out for the other issues.

Meteor grey 2.0 TDI coupe - Full facelift conversion/s line upgrade - Auto electric folding mirrors - Satin silver S5 mirror caps - 19" S5 alloys - Heated leather seats - Parking system Plus - Auto wipers/lights - Auto dimming rear view mirror - Black edition flat bottom steering wheel - Cruise control - Interior light pack - Bluetooth phone prep - Audi music interface - 3.0 Ltr rear exhaust - Stainless steel pedal set - DTUK CRDT2+ Tuning box - 034 transmission mount - Dynavin N6 A5 navigation.

post #4 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis4681 View Post
you can turn it off and just use the cars own digital display if its too annoying.
Cheers. Do you mean turn the whole screen off, or that you can turn off having the climate graphic appear on the screen? If so, how?

S5 Black Edition (2013)
post #5 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Just the heater control display.
Touch settings top right main menu, scroll down to bottom should see A/C control status info
Press once to turn off
Et voila
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	118705  

post #6 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Just the heater control display.
Touch settings top right main menu, scroll down to bottom should see A/C control status info
Press once to turn off
Et voila
Thanks - sadly this must be a feature they added after mine was released...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0322.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	920.7 KB
ID:	118713  

S5 Black Edition (2013)
post #7 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Ah bummer, sorry mate seems you weren't the only one it annoyed.

post #8 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 06:27 AM

Thanks for trying! Once the car is up (or down) to temp, then the fan speed is pretty constant anyway - the irritating thing is that occasionally I'll find the speed repeatedly adjusting from 3-4-3-4-3-4 etc... when this happens I tend to just knock it off auto, so not a huge deal!

One other question (if you don't mind!) - do you have factory bluetooth? I do, and so if I activate the Dynavin Bluetooth for music streaming it doesn't play nice with the factory bluetooth and phone calls no longer work...

S5 Black Edition (2013)
post #9 of 22 Old 26th April 2016, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

I have got factory bluetooth, but have probably used it twice (no-one calls me ��)
I have unpaired my phone with the factory unit and am connected only with the dynavin now as wasn't sure which one would kick in if a call came in, dont know if that would help you.
a4ade likes this.

post #10 of 22 Old 27th April 2016, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
So, my car came with Audi AMI and no Nav so have wanted a nav unit for ages, no way I was spending over 2k on the Alpine unit and am not keen on the looks of it to be honest so had a look at the Dynavin N6 A5 unit instead.

Found some very nice folk at a place called Car Vision UK in Droitwich who do free fitting and they answered all my questions and confirmed it was compatible so decided to go for it.

Has been in for a week now and am pretty happy with the system, touch screen is very quick and responsive, looks wise, it is very OEM, main menu screen is a copy of the facelift MMI screen and heater controls now look like facelift too.
Can load any splash screen you like, so pulled one I liked off internet and loaded it up.

So things I now have that I didn't before.
Now have ipod album art showing, bluetooth music streaming from my phone, can watch movies from USB stick and IGO Primo navigation with full european maps which works great.
Went for the DAB+ add on as well, but reception where I live seems to be pretty poor so not overly impressed at the mo.

Would def recommend the unit and the folk at Car Vision UK who were more than helpful.

Excuse the crappy pic, on an ipad so its one per post and can't convert to jpg.
John at Car Vision UK also installed my Dynavin N6 A5 (SatNav, USB, bluetooth A2DP), DAB+ and reverse camera. Original installation was about 1 month ago, but was back (108 mile each way!) last Friday as sound was not working on DAB+, A2DP, USB. John had removed a (non-standard according to him) cable as there was no room for everything. He refitted part of it on my 2nd visit. Chose Car Vision UK as, from reviews, they had done a few A5's before. John seems to know his stuff.

You were probably the A5 he said was in about a week after my 1st visit as he contacted me afterwards to try to get sound working by using the car AMI and then switching from Audi AUX to Dynavin AUX in the Dynavin settings. Didn't work because of missing cable.

All working now but as I am on the edge of the countryside DAB cuts out in certain areas (mobile signal also). Although I have nothing to confirm this with until I am in another car with DAB. Have you added the pictures to your stored channels yet?

I need to keep my car AMI iPod plugged in and turned on for sound to work (except on SatNav). I thought the car AUX port was used, but seems not.

Good SatNav system, only issue is that voice comes from the left hand side speaker, as it is designed for LHD cars! Have asked if there could be a UK/RHD setting added some time.

I did get an unreleased software update to v2.0 (from 1.2 I believe) while there, but does not seem any different as the only new option is 'Brake' (turn off video when hand break is off).

Certainly a more cost effective solution that the Alpine or a MMI retrofit and I would recommend the Dynavin N6 A5 and Car Vision UK.

Audi S5 3.0 - Monsoon Grey - 2013 - Black Nappa - Retrofits: Automatic electric folding door mirrors - Aude Drive Select - LED fog & interior lights - Reverse camera - Dynavin N6 SatNav - Dynavin DAB+

Previous: Audi A5 2.0 TDI Sport Coupe 2009 - Brilliant Black Silver Leather/Alcantara - Xenon & LED DRL's (HazzyDayz retrofit) - Parking System Plus - Advanced Key - Hoen fog lights
Previous: Audi A4 2.0 TDI 2004 - Brilliant Black
post #11 of 22 Old 27th April 2016, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Yea, John seemed like a good bloke, very helpful, went through the whole system with me after fitting.
Didn't know you could add pics on the DAB, the manual for it is pretty brief, is it easy to do ?
Yea I have an old ipod plugged into the AMI cable to keep the channel open or something, luckily had an old one lying around doing nothing.
Didn't notice where the sat nav voice was coming from just that she was bloody loud at first, had to turn her all the way down.

Def more cost effective than an MMI retrofit, which wouldn't have half the features of the dynavin unit, am happy with my choice.

post #12 of 22 Old 28th April 2016, 02:09 AM

Garage
Pictures can be added to the stored DAB channels using this link: http://www.dynavin.com/images/pdf/co...on_setting.pdf

Unfortunately it only mentions AM and FM. I have asked how it is done for DAB ('1',2'...?)

Audi S5 3.0 - Monsoon Grey - 2013 - Black Nappa - Retrofits: Automatic electric folding door mirrors - Aude Drive Select - LED fog & interior lights - Reverse camera - Dynavin N6 SatNav - Dynavin DAB+

Previous: Audi A5 2.0 TDI Sport Coupe 2009 - Brilliant Black Silver Leather/Alcantara - Xenon & LED DRL's (HazzyDayz retrofit) - Parking System Plus - Advanced Key - Hoen fog lights
post #13 of 22 Old 9th June 2016, 04:57 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)

Garage
So how much did the unit and the fitting cost guys????? Thanks

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
3.2 V6 FSI 2WD automatic S line.
19" Y spokes with Pirelli P-Zeros.
162,000km. Full black leather interior. Love it !!
Recently had the wheels refurbished, bodywork polished, badges removed and fitted the pedal box booster. Full set of new Brembo discs and pads just fitted and calipers repainted in silver. New carbon mirror covers. Just replaced all 4 shocks too.
post #14 of 22 Old 9th June 2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

600 for the unit without DAB+ carvision will fit for free

https://www.car-vision.co.uk/audi-a5...431020041.html

post #15 of 22 Old 9th June 2016, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

However just seen that you're in Italy so may be a bit far !!!!!!!

post #16 of 22 Old 10th June 2016, 05:00 AM

Garage
Doesn't look like Dynavin have a distributor in Italy, although you could check with them

Dynavin

post #17 of 22 Old 7th November 2016, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondered if you guys had any more opinions/comments on this system?
I am interested in getting one...

Also @a4ade have you updated the Firmware on yours?
post #18 of 22 Old 8th November 2016, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Still happy with the system, nothing negative to say about it. DAB was a waste of money as still no reception where I live, but would still recommend

post #19 of 22 Old 9th November 2016, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

@Lewis4681
Are you still you still using the standard Radio Antenna that came with your A5?
I ask because I remember reading posts that users on here were retrofitting DAB to there MMI systems and they had to replace there Radio Antenna otherwise they where getting a patchy signal
post #20 of 22 Old 19th April 2017, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi Lewis4681, just wondering how your Dynavin N6 A5 unit is as i'm thinking of getting it installed to my car (for same reasons you gave at the start of this thread). Heard from someone that there have been issues with the unit in other cars.
post #21 of 22 Old 20th April 2017, 05:00 AM
JRD

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Garage
Can you still use the MMI controls that are on the center console (I have the Nav pack) to control the screen or is it only touch screen making the OEM controls obsolete?

I've read through the thread and cant see if it's mentioned, sorry if it is.

2013 1.8 tfsi, S-Line, Black Edition, Custom CIA, 15mm Fr - 20mm Bk spacers, GFB DV+
post #22 of 22 Old 13th May 2017, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

will this work with the 2015 a5? im looking for nav and a2dp streaming. I went online but it mentions only to 2014.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode