Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

myAudi (UK)

10K views 47 replies 8 participants last post by  michaelj 
#1 ·
I finally got around to activating my SIM and have Connect working. So I thought I'd enter the PIN that I got when I registered on myAudi. I tried lots of times but the MMI just comes back with "the myAudi PIN entered is incorrect". It is definitely the same 8 digit number that appears on the website and I checked the VIN is correct.

Has anyone else successfully entered their myAudi PIN in their MMI?
Is myAudi worth using?

#2 ·
IMHO myAudi is tosh BUT I do occasionally use the 'send to car' thing in Google maps as it is a hell of a lot easier to find a location using google maps than in Audi satnav! Just saying!
I had the same problem as you a few times but kept trying and it worked - i guessed it just hadn't quite got an internet connection just yet and the error msg is a red herring.

#4 ·
I had the same problem as you a few times but kept trying and it worked - i guessed it just hadn't quite got an internet connection just yet and the error msg is a red herring.
Thanks for that. I do tend to pay attention to the phrase "the definition of insanity is keeping doing the same thing and expecting a different result" so without your comment I wouldn't try again. I shall do so when I see the 3G signal at max.

#3 ·
Still waiting for my sim to be delivered! (giffgaff) as it was cheapest for data usage. I read on here that the 3 Mobile sims aren't compatible with Audi Connect - not sure if that helps at all?

#5 ·
I did some research and saw that without using wifi hotspot etc, 1GB per month should be enough. So I think the Knowhow (currys/pc world) sim with 1GB per month for a year (about £24) is actually the cheapest. However I got an EE 2GB for 1 month for £7 just in case it uses more than 1GB for the initial period.

Activation in the car did not work. A web page appeared on the MMI and I had to click the REGISTER button. But it then seemed to hang. So I gave up and put the sim in my daughter's old iPhone 3G and tried again. It still hanged, but at least I could see the URL for the activation web page. So I put this into my PC browser and registered that way. Then I needed to activate it, but this time the browser in the iPhone responded OK. Finally I put the sim in the car and it worked.

I do find it amazing that in the world of mobile communications that we live in, thinks like this are never simple. And why are ALL the telcos so crap with abysmal customer service?

#6 ·
I can't get mine to work at all, have a GiffGaff SIM, the same SIM that worked perfectly in my last A5 BE-no luck. Simply won't connect to internet, I have the PIN numbers etc. I found the Google Earth maps good & the 'send to car' function good also as I could load address's from the comfort of my home office rather than sitting in my car on the driveway!
I've kind of become used to it not functioning now. One day I'll have the patience to sort it.

#7 ·
Well I managed to get my PIN recognised but now the myAudi website is down! I downloaded two android apps to my phone, MMI Connect and myAudi mobile. These worked and I think MMI Connect is better. It includes a 'find my car' option which I shall try out sometime (hopefully not just after I find out that someone stole it). I have entered an online destination and will see if the car can access it later. I agree with David, it will be handy to set up a destination from my PC and have it ready and waiting for when I drive off.

Reactions: DavidS
#8 ·
David's, what problem do you have with the GiffGaff sim? Mines in, says it's got full 3G but says 'the data connection could not be opened. Please try again later' not sure if it's not been activated yet? (The sim)

#12 ·
This is exactly the same problem I have. I tried again yesterday, the 3G logo is there but no data connection to Audi Connect & Google Earth mapping for the sat nav. Most frustrating as I paid extra for this option :frown2:.
I had this option on my previous A5 BE & it worked perfectly!

#9 · (Edited)
I'm using giff gaff in my A6 no problems.
I think I had to enter an address in for the data connection though.

#10 ·
That's exactly it mar, took me a while to find where those settings were. Under the telephone settings menu!

#13 ·
Set your access point setting - this fixed it for me immediately!

#14 ·
Er, what's one of them? Even if I find it how do I know what to set it to? Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Looks like I made a mistake. Last month the best deal for a car SIM was the Currys/Knowhow 1GB per month for 12 months prepay £24. But I decided to get my £7 EE 2GB SIM for 1 month just to check initial usage. Looks like it will be less than 1GB per month so that Knowhow SIM is very suitable, or rather was since now it is unavailable! Looking at the alternatives it looks to me that GiffGaff is not the cheapest for 12 months unless I could be sure that 500MB per month will be enough. Three do a prepay 12GB over 12 months for £70.49. Whilst a lot more than that Knowhow deal :( it works out as £5.87 per month. Anyone know of a better deal without a contract?

#18 ·
#16 ·
Gif gaff 500mb seems to be ok for me. The map updates and traffic have only used a few MB for me in the last few days. I can't see it ever going near 500mb let alone 1gb?

David, go into telephone > settings > look for data settings or something like that? It asks for an APN, Username and password. My APN was set to O2, I guess because it picked it up from my phone.

#20 ·
I've tried that & now I've given up :frown2:. I even tried a new GiffGaff SIM & it still won't work.
Really annoying :thumbsdown:

#17 ·
I think 500MB will be OK for the car alone. However GiffGaff charge £5 for that don't they? So £5.87 to get the 12GB for 12 months would allow me to turn on the wifi for my kids occasionally. In truth I'm just kicking myself that I missed the Knowhow deal.

#19 ·
Anybody on here got the send from google maps to work?

I've added my Audi account (email address) to google, so now I see the 'send to car' link on google maps.
I've added my Google account email address to My Audi.

Clicking on the 'send to car' from google gives me a 'We couldn't communicate with your automaker'

#21 ·
What do you use as a login to Audi? I assume it is the email address you refer to above, you should just need to add this to Google and it will sort out the rest for you...

If it's not an email address and some sort of login ID perhaps it is that? Not much help but the email login I have for myAudi works with Google.

#23 ·
Shrek, just to check.

On google you have added the email address you use to login to MyAudi, and on MyAudi you have used the email address you use to sign into google - and it all works?

I've tried using my Connect Code on google to see if that gets it working but still no dice.
David - did you activate the sim via the website first?

#26 ·
Yup, activated SIM online. My last A5 had Audi Connect & everything worked fine & I set it all up myself.
I've a MyAudi account (my exact car details are displayed), I've a Google account that's worked for years.
I'd take my car back to my dealer but I know they will say it's a problem with my service provider & wash their hands with it.
I might try a different SIM from a different provider. Annoying as I have credit on the GiffGaff SIM I have. Thanks Dave.

#25 ·
So how do you send stuff from google maps to your Audi? :confused:

#30 ·
I don't know why mine doesn't work. I have to enter the address directly in My Audi (e.g. postcode search). I'd like to use send on google maps but it doesn't seem to work.

#31 ·
#32 ·
Thanks Shrek, if I hadn't already found that link myself you would have solved my problem! I was just looking for settings on google maps in my browser and getting nowhere. Then I googled "google maps my audi" and I was quickly taken to that link.

Reactions: Shrek
#33 ·
Still no luck for me here - Google maps says “We couldn’t communicate with your automaker. Please contact them for assistance”

In MyAudi, i have set my google account. In Google I have added my car and used the MyAudi email address I use to login.

No dice!

#35 ·
In the myAudi setup don't use your Google account - use your myAudi loging email. Then in the send to car also use the myAudi email - that's how I have it setup...

#34 ·
sirshorty, at what point do you get the error? I click on "send to car" and get a "your destination has been sent X" in a yellow box at the top of the map in the browser. Then the new destination is available in the myAudi list.

Maybe a stupid question - do you have "Audi" under manufacturer in https://www.google.co.uk/maps/sendtocar?

#36 ·
So not this? It says to use your google account ID...

#37 ·
Oops, attachments didn't work

Attachments

#38 ·
I confirm that mine works - I just retrieved an address in my Nav that I had created using 'send to car' from google maps.

I don't know if its relevant but I don't have google e-mail. My e-mail address is for my own domain. So I use the same e-mail address for my google account as I do for the myAudi account.

#39 ·
@sirshorty, yes use the one in the second picture (email address.com) in both locations, works for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.