Things you Hate about your a5 - Page 28 - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #811 of 837 Old 18th July 2016, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Have a 2011 A5 prestige plus now but had a 2009 VW CC prior. I must say there where quite a few things that were superior on the VW. Lots more compartment space in the cockpit area. The aux cable was more convenient on the VW ( I could actually work my I-tunes or Spotify without having to reach across to the glove compartment). Seats were more comfortable on long trips, Came stock with adaptive headlights....my Audi has what looks like hardware for these but, haven't seen them work when cornering like my CC, so don't believe they are activated. I love my A5, they just could have taken some layout and amenity tips from CC designers.
DavidS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 837 Old 18th July 2016, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Hate that the A5 sportback doesnt have the motorised boot like the similar designed A7 Sportback has.
Audi Bairn and DavidS like this.

Audi-Retrofits
Pro Retrofitter

A5 Sportback 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line S-Tronic
FACTORY: Front & Rear Electric Heated Seats, 3G MMI High, Advance Key, Parking Plus, Light & Storage Pack
MODS: FBMFSW, RS5 Grill, Satin Red Trims, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, FL Tail Lights, Ambient Door Lights, LED Sills, S5 Spoiler, Starlight Roof, MMI 3G+, Digital TV & Loads More In Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #813 of 837 Old 18th July 2016, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agillan1 View Post
Have a 2011 A5 prestige plus now but had a 2009 VW CC prior. I must say there where quite a few things that were superior on the VW. Lots more compartment space in the cockpit area. The aux cable was more convenient on the VW ( I could actually work my I-tunes or Spotify without having to reach across to the glove compartment). Seats were more comfortable on long trips, Came stock with adaptive headlights....my Audi has what looks like hardware for these but, haven't seen them work when cornering like my CC, so don't believe they are activated. I love my A5, they just could have taken some layout and amenity tips from CC designers.
I'm on my third A5 Sportback but prior to these I also had a VW CC as a company car. I agree with your comments . I also had the Adaptive Lights option on my A5's but they are not as good as the CC's. No air conditioned glove box either....
Audi Bairn and Agillan1 like this.

His 2015 A5 Sportback 3.0, quattro Black Edition Plus. Ibis, Assist Pack, Convenience Pack, Birch Inlays, Heat F+R seats, Storage Pack, Park Advanced, Tel Prep High, Adaptive Lights, Sunroof, Int. Light Pack.
Hers: 2014 A5 Cabriolet 3.0, quattro S-line Special Edition. 20" RS alloys, Heat F+R seats, Park Plus, Int. Light Pack, Piano Black Inlays.
post #814 of 837 Old 19th July 2016, 03:09 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Garage
The lack of dip stick is my major gripe........
Agillan1 likes this.

2008 A5 coupe, silver, 3.2 V6 FSI 2WD with 19" wheels and Pirelli P-Zeros. 150,000km. Leather interior, auto box, S Line. Love it !!
Just had the wheels refurbished, the bodywork polished and rear badges removed. In LOVE. Just fitted the pedal box booster thing too.....
post #815 of 837 Old 22nd July 2016, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Things I love & hate

Well, the A5 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line Black Edition 2 door Coupe I have is a fantastic motor......

Currently the only things I hate are

1) Whenever its been raining and I forget and open the drivers side window a load of water runs in (due to no roof rails)
2) The insane cost of firmware or map updates at the Audi Main Dealer
3) Lack of dipstick
4) Poor rear leg room (but I can live with that)

Thing I really like though is the 3.0TDi 360 ft/lb of torque through the 7 speed s-tronic gearbox.....awesome for everyday driving.....
SimonRoma likes this.

Last edited by johnboyc; 22nd July 2016 at 10:12 AM.
post #816 of 837 Old 26th July 2016, 04:13 AM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Garage
I LOVE the sound of the V6 engine when she picks up her skirt in Sport mmmmm. And the 8 speed auto box is stunning.

2008 A5 coupe, silver, 3.2 V6 FSI 2WD with 19" wheels and Pirelli P-Zeros. 150,000km. Leather interior, auto box, S Line. Love it !!
Just had the wheels refurbished, the bodywork polished and rear badges removed. In LOVE. Just fitted the pedal box booster thing too.....
post #817 of 837 Old 19th August 2016, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
2014 S5 Prestige
1. S5 front sport seat digs in to my left thigh (going to take it apart and bend it)
2. the sun roof does not slide open
3. cheap glass 20K miles and full of rock chips (i am the second owner)
4. DSG (should have gotten a manual)

other than this i don't have any other issues
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416 [50%].JPG
Views:	94
Size:	453.3 KB
ID:	125842  
robinh112 and MoonlightBlue like this.

2014 S5 DSG Prestige Ibis White Alcantara with Carbon Fiber Trim B&O Sport Diff
AWE Resonated Exhaust|AWE S-Flow Intake|H&R OE Springs|034 Motorsports Trans Mount Insert
|034 Motorsports Rear Sub-frame Mount Insert|APIKOL Rear Differential Mount|Vag-Com Mods|Led Interior Lights, Front Turn Led lights|H&R Rear Sway Bar
post #818 of 837 Old 19th August 2016, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I hate there's no next or previous song on the steering wheel for preface lift S Line steering wheel. I know there's the scroll wheel but it's too many steps just to skip the song. I end up having to look down and skip using the button next to the MMI
sparx likes this.

2009 Audi A5 Cabriolet 3.0 TDI Quattro
post #819 of 837 Old 19th August 2016, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Like others Id have to agree about the water on the roof falling into the cabin when either the window or door opens. I overlook this because: frame-less doors

Also, lack of a dipstick does makes it just a little more awkward when doing a service - you can, however, buy a dipstick on ebay if it worries you too much.
post #820 of 837 Old 24th August 2016, 02:42 PM

Garage
Swirl flaps !!!!
sparx and zmeev like this.

Audi 57 Plate, A5 Sport, 3.0 quattro, Silver, CAPA engine, Sat Nav, F & R Visual/Audi Parking Sensors.
post #821 of 837 Old 31st August 2016, 06:22 PM

Garage
A5 3.0TDi Quattro S-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyc View Post

1) Whenever its been raining and I forget and open the drivers side window a load of water runs in (due to no roof rails)
Gets me EVERY time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyc View Post

3) Lack of dipstick
I love my dipstick couldn't do without one!
post #822 of 837 Old 1st September 2016, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 244 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRoma View Post
The lack of dip stick is my major gripe........
I thought the lack of a dipstick would annoy me so I bought myself & MrsS genuine Audi dipsticks from our main dealer and have never used them! They are fitted just in case but I only use the MMI oil level indicator.

His 2015 A5 Sportback 3.0, quattro Black Edition Plus. Ibis, Assist Pack, Convenience Pack, Birch Inlays, Heat F+R seats, Storage Pack, Park Advanced, Tel Prep High, Adaptive Lights, Sunroof, Int. Light Pack.
Hers: 2014 A5 Cabriolet 3.0, quattro S-line Special Edition. 20" RS alloys, Heat F+R seats, Park Plus, Int. Light Pack, Piano Black Inlays.
post #823 of 837 Old 2nd September 2016, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Garage
- Lack of full postcodes (2011 model)
- Try removing a saved destination, I'm pretty sure it's impossible! (eg if you move home or work!)

yea that's about it!

post #824 of 837 Old 2nd September 2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
2014 S5 Prestige

2. the sun roof does not slide open

+1 there
post #825 of 837 Old 2nd September 2016, 11:24 AM

Love the car, love the drivability. Needs a little more power...looking to chop it and improve the exhaust.

I would like the head rests to go all the way down to the top of the seats.
post #826 of 837 Old 9th September 2016, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
1. Power!
2. When you turn the AC on and lose the little power you had
3. No v8 rumble
4. Keep getting passed by 335i drivers
5. Keep getting passed by (insert any other sporty 4 cylinder turbo car) drivers
6. Non -sport seats are not that comfortable
7. Weird looks and attention
8. Huge non - removable, non - sliding sunroof
9. Power
10. Not - so aggressive look on the front end (A series, and to an extent, the S - line isn't as aggressive looking as the 335i, or 335is in my opinion)
11. Lack of affordable tuning potential when compared to other cars in the class (Damn 335i drivers!)
12. Stealerships ruining my Audi Driving Experience
13. Brake wear patterns
14. S5 isn't really that fast either when compared to others in the Luxury GT class
15. Poor clutch feel
16. Did I mention power?

- John

Positivity and Education
post #827 of 837 Old 9th September 2016, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightBlue View Post
1. Power!
2. When you turn the AC on and lose the little power you had
3. No v8 rumble
4. Keep getting passed by 335i drivers
5. Keep getting passed by (insert any other sporty 4 cylinder turbo car) drivers
6. Non -sport seats are not that comfortable
7. Weird looks and attention
8. Huge non - removable, non - sliding sunroof
9. Power
10. Not - so aggressive look on the front end (A series, and to an extent, the S - line isn't as aggressive looking as the 335i, or 335is in my opinion)
11. Lack of affordable tuning potential when compared to other cars in the class (Damn 335i drivers!)
12. Stealerships ruining my Audi Driving Experience
13. Brake wear patterns
14. S5 isn't really that fast either when compared to others in the Luxury GT class
15. Poor clutch feel
16. Did I mention power?

- John

Sounds like you ought to trade for a... errrr... 335i...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DavidS and willpop like this.

Dan.

A5 3.0TDI quattro Coupe Blk Ed+ S-Tronic - Daytona Grey - 3G+MMI Nav, B&O, DAB, AMI, 19" Gloss Black 'Y' Design, Auto Dim RVM, Elec. Folding & Auto Dim Mem Mirrors, Cruise, Black Leather/Alcantara Elec Memory Seats, Bluetooth, LED Light Pack, Xenon Plus & LED DRL's, High Beam Assist, Parking System Advanced, Adv. Key, ADS, Adaptive Dampers, Privacy Glass, Storage Pack, BlackVue

Previous - A5 3.0TDI quattro, Blk Ed, S-Tronic - Glacier
Previous - A5 3.0TDI quattro Sport Coupe - Silver
post #828 of 837 Old 9th September 2016, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
I'm exaggerating a bit for effect. In reality, like everyone else here, I'm drawn to the undeniable, and - sometimes hard - to justify or explain - appeal of the Audi 5 - series. The interior rivals that of a more expensive car, and the exterior can be universally called beautiful in any of its variations. I could just save and get tuned. But I still love it.

- John
danjwilson likes this.

Positivity and Education
post #829 of 837 Old 14th December 2016, 11:51 PM

Garage
I like driving with the window open a touch; i like to be able to rear the road, however if its raining or if there is water on the roof you cant do that because if you do you'll get soaked because of the damn curved windows!

That is the only thing that i hate about it, everything else is superb!

Audi A5 3.0 TDI QUADDRO - AIR SUSPENSION - 76MM CUSTOM EXHAUST - REVO INTAKE - HYDRODIPPED
post #830 of 837 Old 15th December 2016, 11:41 AM

In the cab/coupe I hate when you move the seat forward to let someone in the back it doesn't revert back to where it was. I know memory seats is an option but come on Audi.

post #831 of 837 Old 15th December 2016, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinh112 View Post
In the cab/coupe I hate when you move the seat forward to let someone in the back it doesn't revert back to where it was. I know memory seats is an option but come on Audi.
Oh an painfully slow too... I'd go off and make a brew if I didn't have to keep my finger on the button
robinh112 likes this.

Audi A5 quattro 3.0Ltr tdi coupé
Aruba Blue - Pre F/L Xenons & DRL - Servotronic - 8.5Jx18 245/40 R18 - Stock suspension
post #832 of 837 Old 15th December 2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominjuice View Post
Oh an painfully slow too... I'd go off and make a brew if I didn't have to keep my finger on the button
it goes forward with one press of the button, why not go back with one press of a button.

post #833 of 837 Old 15th December 2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

A5 Cab 2.0 tdi 177. 2013
No guts at all at low revs.
Tracks any ridge it can find.
Steering is sooo vague.
Peddle position in manual.
Manual seat positioning on a 40k car that does not hold.
Weak base on B&O sound system.
Uncomfortable seats.

But looks fantastic, puts a big smile on my face. Just glad it's not my daily drive (30k/yr A/B roads)
robinh112 likes this.
post #834 of 837 Old 17th December 2016, 10:49 AM
C99

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

What I hate most is my car gets older and older, and there is no such nice a durable car these days, not even new S5, which looks the same except awful front end and costs here 25% more ...

2011-??: S5 4.2 FSI manual, auxilliary heater, keyless, memory seats, navi, rear cam, etc.,
upgrades: chiptuning, Vmax off, Milltek resonated exhaust, VCDS mods (ADS, TPMS, highway lights), ADS switch, RS5 pedals, Bluetooth, LED rear lights, OZ Racing Superturismo Le Mans wheels (graphite grey).
2007-2011: A5 3.0TDI Quattro Sportmotor edition, KW V2, Caractere, OZ Ultraleggera HLT 19'', chiptuning 220kW, K&N, Milltek, LED, RS5 pedals, lots of VCDS mods
post #835 of 837 Old 22nd December 2016, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
having only owned my 08 2.7tdi for a month, the only real bug bear I have is a wind noise from the drivers window when tootling along around 60 ish, along with the sound of cars driving past. Cant really see a problem with the window seal, or window itself, and from poking about the forum it seems a common thing that may need the window adjusting? Other than that I cant fault it (and having the B+O stereo in it is immense, have never heard a car stereo like it), Seats are great, and the engine is just unreal to be plodding along at 70ish and only hearing the tyres and wind (coming from a subaru that is loud all the time, its great)
post #836 of 837 Old 22nd December 2016, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinh112 View Post
isnt that a feature so that the seat doesnt go back into someones legs in the back? That way you can adjust it so they arent squashed (the car is huge with a teeny amount of rear leg room lol)
post #837 of 837 Old 23rd December 2016, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominjuice View Post
You are using the button at the top by the headrest aren't you? It moves it at twice the speed of the control down at the side. And using that button it will stop at the original position, you then have to release and hold again to move it back further.

2008 A5 3.0TDI quattro Tiptronic - 2012 A5 3.0TDI quattro S-Tronic Cabriolet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode