Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Anyone encountered Gearbox Jolt?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mac911rs4 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Late 09 plate A5 Cabrio, 39k on clock, everything done via Audi and still under warranty, never missed a beat......and now there seems to be an issue. It goes in for a service next week but thought i'd ask here as the problem is intermittent.

Sat in traffic, moving forward a car or two's length and reaching 2nd gear, slowing to stop and going back into first there is a judder or thump. It's only happened on two different days, but it doesn't feel good. Getting out of traffic and normal driving seems to clear the issue, but if your sitting at lights in heavy traffic and its heating, the gearbox seems to do it.

Anyone experience this, or know of an issue, Car has s-tronic gearbox.

Many thanks, Mark.

#2 ·
Mark, there were one or two threads on this a while back (some time in the last twelve months). I can't remember exactly when, or who was involved. Have a search through the forum on "DSG jolt" or "DSG shudder". I'm sure you'll find something.

#4 ·
Is your gearbox a 7 or 6 speed?

Min has done this a couple of times, especially at very low speeds. For the tip-tronic, my guess is that as the engine revs are low, the oil pump may not be at a high enough pressure to change smoothly, so it's a bit thumpy. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.