Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMI 3G navigation 6.24.2 Europe and firmware updates - currently 2017

360K views 551 replies 175 participants last post by  JohnS4 
#1 · (Edited)
Links to the latest versions of firmware and map update (with activator)

Firmware, in order:

0031_3 - https://mega.nz/#!0QMzmBrY!dvXVnAimkFaiNBqt_W49XYVAQdHstOJC39Q5exO8g0w
0206_3 - https://mega.nz/#!JU8VTaCC!BFFwWdE-x2Tlj8ZsWG69LOGw2dW4QJBhsHRm3H5IN50
0253 - https://mega.nz/#!YY80DSrB!j5mO0eJ5-3H9EKKP3CjyHZAuDxxENEhPnnHyNgwBu7Y
0257_6 - https://mega.nz/#!YB8kDBbZ!IF9dUHoNIb5gS2MvBaPCEQRgyU2lC6_mot5_F9mric8

Firmware, full package to 0257_6:

https://mega.nz/#!cZsBHKBI!-PkGxY8is1hAs-QVbiUfN4A-J0YkVd-qT00M_fEL2jE

There is unlikely to be any further firmware update for 3G from Audi so if you've updated to 0257_5 or 0257_6 you won't need to do it again.

If you don't have/can't get access to VCDS and need to activate the green menu you can use the following script from Congo's 3G+ thread [ Green menu activation ]

1. Unzip and copy to SD card.
2. Put the SD card in the MMI.
3. When prompted press the center knob.
4. After the script is done you will see confirmation screen.
5. Remove the SD card and reboot MMI

I haven't used it, but it appears plenty have :)

2017 maps version 6.24.2 and FSC activator - PLEASE NOTE - this package is ONLY suitable for 3G and not 3G+/3GP so if your firmware version doesn't match the style indicated in the instructions do not bother downloading this file, as it's been cut down to make the download smaller and so it'll fit on a 32GB SD card without issues.

https://mega.nz/#F!VRdjVJ7S!63opUL3IAdSrTiRY2IXuVQ

There are 2 folders - 1 contains the map files and the other the activator - they need to be copied to separate SD cards.

For facelift cars with 3G+/3GP see this thread for correct links - don't muddle them up as it doesn't go well.....

https://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-general-q/113737-mmi-3g-3gp-navigation.html

Update instruction guide below - this one is a better layout than the one I produced a couple of years ago, and covers firmware updating etc

https://mega.nz/#!YU81xLIA!5HdPIKX6inbzA02hiML6jcfKQI8-AIvcvbgWH-hNo0g

PLEASE NOTE - THESE ARE FOR EUROPE, NOT ROW OR NA and I cannot help with questions about where to find them.

I recommend using JDownloader to grab the links and WinRAR for extracting the archives when finished downloading. If you hit the download limit from Mega and don't want to pay for premium downloads I can recommend using the Opera browser, which has a built in VPN tool so all you need to do is switch location and it will allow you to continue downloading. You do lose the option to use JDownloader if you go that route.

These files are from a variety of sources, so credit due to all those who compile and make available :grin2:

Cheers

Adrian

See less See more
#3 ·
The activator is in with the map download package - I will make it clearer :thumbsup:

Reactions: coulinator
#5 ·
Very useful. Many thanks!

"There are 2 folders - 1 contains the map files and the other the activator - they need to be copied to separate SD cards."

Do you need to leave the SD with the map files in the car whilst you insert another which has the activator? Can you not do the map upgrade, clear the files off the SD, put the activator on and use the same SD again to activate?

#6 ·
Do you need to leave the SD with the map files in the car whilst you insert another which has the activator?
No

Can you not do the map upgrade, clear the files off the SD, put the activator on and use the same SD again to activate?
Yes.

question: did you read the instructions ??

#8 ·
Hi. I accidently updated mmi hnav with bose firmware and now:
1. no bluetooth connectivity to mobile. is it possible to solve this somehow? change bluetooth adapter?
2. i set system language to russian, but sometimes when it starts it talks english, sometimes german. also there are only 3 languages: russian, english, german. before update there were spain, frensh and so on. is it something like language disc?

#10 ·
hi the activation doesn't work I've copied it to the SD i can see the files but the system can't read it
It worked for me - have you managed to resolve?

#16 ·
Hi - Great guide Adrian. I'm going to take the plunge tomorrow once my SD card arrives!

One question - do I need to do all the firmware upgrades in order? I am currently on HNav_EU_P0029_D1.

Will this give me access to 6/7 digit postcode functionality? Only putting in 4/5 is driving me MAAADDDD.

Also, how annoying are the error messages people are reporting needing a VAG cable to get rid of? Are they visible all the time or just once on boot up?

Cheers
Wilkoss

#17 ·
I'm in the same position Wilkoss, same firmware. But nervous about upgrading though. I've got B+O system but there's a Bose folder in there - not sure whether it will cause any problems!?....

Anyone local to Notts who can provide some help?

#21 ·
@Wilkoss
an update should be downloaded, extracted and applied.
if you have to do more than on update, you will have to download, extract and apply the 1st one you need. after this process has been completed, you can download, extract and apply the 2nd.
in other words, keep them apart.
and it does not matter how many folders, etc. there are in one update.

#24 ·
Hi Fred

I understand that, but the problem is - when I extract the 1st upgrade there are 2 folders names 1 and 2.

If you can see the image I shared above this is shown. Within 1 and 2 there are certain repeated folders so it's not just a case of copy-pasting the contents of both into the root of the SD card as there will be overlap.

So the question is, in the 1st upgrade folder, do I install the contents of folder 1 then 2, or 1 and 2 together or 1 or 2?

Thanks
Wilks

#22 ·
Hello,

Thanks for the information you provide in the forum.

I have a little problem after I upgrade the firmware, first I used 0253 and when it was finished I applied the 0257_6. So after that the interior mirror doesn't work fine the mirror dimming it's very sensitive so all mirrors get black with normal light.

I have checked if it's working and it works because if I block the sensor it gets normal.

Any help?

Thanks very much for your help

PS: I have an Audi Q5 but it uses the same Navi MMI3G HDD

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

#26 · (Edited)
Green Screen

Dear all,

Does anybody know, at which firmware version you lose the green screen, which is needed to remove the old Navi DB partition? And I if it is possible to use the green screen enabler script on the MMI High if I am at version K257 firmware?

Kind Regards,

Tom

And in case of trouble, anyone with VCDS/VAG-Com cable and software available in the region Gent, Belgium?

edit: you can use the green screen activator on the K257_6 firmware on the MMI 3 high system.

#28 ·
I`m no expert, but I heard it would be a cumulative update, 257_5. But if I´m wrong, it shouldn´t hurt you more than 20 minutes to first install 0253 and then go on to 257. So it´s still up to you. Youre choices are missing out on something covered in 0253, or taking the extra risk in installing the 0257 at once. Keep us posted on your doings, as it can only help the community...

Kind regards,
Tom

Message not sent from any crappy telephone, just windows, full option :)

#31 · (Edited)
Installing K257_D1_5, thank you very much Adrian. Saves me €muchos from the stealers.. Hope I can get to the green menu....

OK Installed all updates from old 2009 version without any problems, enabled green screen using green screen activator script in Congo´s post (might be handy to put in the first post of this thread). Now taking the risk in installing maps....

Also, since Samsung pushed the android 6.0.1 update, my car couldn´t read my phonebook anymore; this problem is solved with firmware K257_6 :)

2017 Maps installed; activated OK!

Thanks in advance for al your hard work Adrian and Congo!

#43 ·
Not quite

0031_3
0206_3
0257_6

All the above are in the firmware package in post 1

#39 ·
Thanks for the replies, I've tried K0206 and it still says I need a different update. Which firmware is P0029? As it seems K0206 is still too new (the numbers don't correspond) I think I need K0031 which I think I read somewhere is P0029, but I don't want to just try and update without being sure, in case I break it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

#41 ·
Struggling with the update

Hi all,

Spending hours on posts and re-attempting the update...to no avail.

I'm constantly getting this message on the update "The release info could not be read"

I am formatting in Fat32 (windows) - copy and paste folders within "8R0906961T - 1st". So on my SD card shows two folders "1" and "2" there is also a metainfo2 text.

Going into red engineering screen - option for SD1 and then update....

Seems simple enough but it't not working.

Attachments

#46 ·
:thumbsup:
Now fully updated MMI and new (and working) maps!

Thanks Adrian!

Issues that I had seems to be around using a micro SD card with the larger caddy. Bought a nor,al sized SD card - Sandisk Ultimate 32gb. £10 from Amazon, a small price compared to what the dealers will charge!!!

Also, I found that the maps folder was larger than the 32gb can take. So, deleted files from the root folder that were meant for the 3Gp unit (mine 3G high). After deleting these folders (about 4 in total) the maps fitted on the 32gb. - folders with '3gp' within the folder name are the ones I deleted.

All in all, £10 costs and a bit of time to sort it - plus, a bit of direction from Adrian E! Beer tokens secured.

:grin2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.