• 1 Post By Puresilk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 8th May 2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Warrantywise Car warranty

Hi all,

firstly, i hope i have posted this in the right section....

Has anyone had any dealing with warrantywise?

i've been looking to take out some warranty on my A5 cab 2012 FL CVT. I contacted Audi but they seem very expensive compared to policies i have taken out with main dealers on previous cars (lexus, merc).

I got a call from warrantywise, they said they will cover my car comprehensively quoting many different items covered inc. sat nav, entertainment system, roof mechanism etc....so i asked them what was not covered. They said bodywork, glass, tyres, exhaust and brake pads & disc...frictional items.

They also covered labour charges upto £150 p/h and repairs can be carried out at main dealer with max single claim of £15k. They also won't charge me for betterment.

They offered me the policy for 2 years for £825 if i take it out today and i can pay interest free over 6 months.

Really appreciate people's thought and any questions i should be asking warrantywise and your experieances with warrantywise.

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 17th May 2017, 05:16 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Hi mate no experience with them but did use warranty direct and they were excellent. Try to get main dealer policy but even with that the warranty company usually sends an engineer to inspect the part before any work is done which is a ball ache tbh. They will authorise the work but that's an extra day or two without your car. But apart from that it's decent.
grale likes this.

(2014) A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro S tronic
post #3 of 5 Old 17th May 2017, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I had Warrantywise when I got my A5 from BMW dealership and they were terrible! The EGR cooler went within the first 2 weeks and it cost £1300 to fix! Warrantywise "offered" me £720 and said to get the rest from the dealer. I told the dealer to sort it out or I wanted my money back and even they couldn't get them to up their offer! Dealer paid the difference in the end but I wouldn't recommend Warrantywise to my my worst enemy! Well maybe the ones I really don't like!

A.K.A qtip

Audi A5 3.0L Quattro S-Line Convertible 2010 in Ibis White
Lots of toys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 18th May 2017, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

+1 warranty direct

2010 Audi RS5 FSI V8 4.2ltr Quattro
Previous - 2009 Audi A5 2.0L TFSI 211 Special Edition - Misano Red

We spend too much time living in the ‘what if’ and need to learn to live in the ‘what is’
post #5 of 5 Old 18th May 2017, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Had 3 years with Warranty Direct and they seemed pretty decent. However, I told them their policy booklet had misleading wording so they agreed to up me to extra cover at same cost. Basically there's 3 levels of cover and only when you get to the third level do they start covering ECU or emissions... which for me is the expensive stuff that wants sorting properly. Thankfully I only claimed a couple of minor things... and they were really pretty painless to deal with. In the long run I should have just put the money aside and taken the hit as it would have been much cheaper.

Audi A5 quattro 3.0Ltr tdi coupé
Aruba Blue - Pre F/L Xenons & DRL - Servotronic - 8.5Jx18 245/40 R18 - Stock suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode