• 1 Post By SimonRoma
  • 2 Post By rackingman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 20th March 2017, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Stage 1 remap 180bhp to 290bhp

I've just been quoted a price and what performance I'd ey o it off to come car. I was quoted 499 for a revo stage 1 remap (which is standard price)and the guy on the phone said my car would get 290bhp just from that remap alone.

Now the dealer is called jjbmotors and it's in York U.K and It's an approved revo dealership.

When ever I've looked online or read posts it's never been that high of a gain, is this true I can get a extra 110bhp from 1 remap without any mods (induction kit, exhausts, intercooler) on my car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 20th March 2017, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Sounds like BS to me...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gone - A5 3.0Tdi Quattro Brilliant Red,Black Leather,MMI+AMI Upgrade,Electric Seats,B&O,Summer:19" Y-Spokes, Winter:18" 10 Spokes
Scirocco Storm Cosmos Blue, Blue Leather, 1.9 BR Motorsport Engine pack, 15" Zender Monzas, No Stereo, Audi Throttle Body, Schrick 276 Cams
Audi A2 Special 1.4TDi Red Leather, etc.
Audi A6 Allroad, 3.0 TDI Quartz Grey

Ex Karmann Corrado Campaign VR6, 3x Scirocco Storms, 10x Scirocco GL, Scalas etc.
post #3 of 12 Old 20th March 2017, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Sounds like porkies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 12 Old 20th March 2017, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Garage
Does it come with a flux capacitor and nitro?
That number sounds more correct for a 3.0 TDI

Beep beep.
post #5 of 12 Old 20th March 2017, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)

Tom. Assuming you have a 2.0 petrol tsi turbo .... revo's own site claims 264-293 ps. The 2010 year 180 ps was a restricted 211ps engine in the first place so 31 of the ps are easily recoverable and the true gain over 211 is 50+.......

I think the doubters have assumed it's a diesel.

Sober since 1st January 2016......unfortunately it is now clear to me how fucked up our world is. It's enough to turn a man to drink.....
post #6 of 12 Old 20th March 2017, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I reckon you can get up to 260 bhp from stage 1 tune. Not sure how the guy on the phone said 290

A6 3.0 Quattro - 333hp 767nm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 21st March 2017, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackingman View Post
Tom. Assuming you have a 2.0 petrol tsi turbo .... revo's own site claims 264-293 ps. The 2010 year 180 ps was a restricted 211ps engine in the first place so 31 of the ps are easily recoverable and the true gain over 211 is 50+.......

I think the doubters have assumed it's a diesel.
Yeah it's a 2.0tfsi turbo well that's it I've been on the website iv looked at loads of remaps from different companies and all of them are around the 260 mark so for them to say that it's kind of questionable. I'm assuming there a good computer since they are revo approved. Even if i don't get 290bhp from it, if I get 260 I'd be happy with that
post #8 of 12 Old 21st March 2017, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
I reckon you can get up to 260 bhp from stage 1 tune. Not sure how the guy on the phone said 290
When he said 290 on the phone I had to ask again cause I thought I heard wrong
post #9 of 12 Old 21st March 2017, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Garage
On the Revo website, it does say 260bhp to 289bhp for a 2.0 TFSI, with a stage 1 remap??

T.

2008 AUDI A5 COUPE | 2.0 TFSI | METALLIC TOPAZ BLUE

Let the mods begin...
post #10 of 12 Old 21st March 2017, 05:03 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Garage
Does the 290 version include anchor and chain??????
julianwhitta likes this.

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
3.2 V6 FSI 2WD automatic S line.
19" Y spokes with Pirelli P-Zeros.
160,000km. Leather interior. Love it !!
Recently had the wheels refurbished, the bodywork polished, badges removed and fitted the pedal box booster. Full set of Brembo discs and pads and calipers repainted in silver. New carbon mirror covers.
post #11 of 12 Old 21st March 2017, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)

From autocar in 2009...

What is it?
This is the Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 180, a detuned version of the 208bhp A5 2.0 TFSI. This A5 is 31bhp down on its more powerful sibling, but that brings the cheapest Audi A5 under the 160g/km CO2 threshold that lets companies write off twice the cost of its depreciation against tax.

That’s not a very exciting way of starting a first drive, but that’s why the Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 180 exists.

Other than that it’s all standard-issue A5, although there’s no quattro version of this car.

What’s it like?
The engine in the Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 180 is a nice piece of work – smooth and quiet with a satisfying amount of kick once it gets going.

You could do a lot worse than have one of VW Group’s turbocharged four-cylinder engines in your cheapest model. These motors have an uncanny amount of torque (236lb ft) from low revs. They’re quiet, smooth and refined at speed, with decent in-gear punch; you can feel the turbo working, which I rather like.

The only problem is that the torque easily overwhelms the A5 2.0 TFSI 180’s front wheels. Poke the throttle hard in first and second and it’s all over the place. The full 236lb ft piles in from 1500rpm, which makes this A5 feel a little like a well-sorted turbodiesel, until the torque steer kicks in. You can drive round it, and then it’s fast and refined, but it gets a bit uncoordinated in the wet.

So when it's at stage 1 it could be "interesting "
DrEskimo and julianwhitta like this.

Sober since 1st January 2016......unfortunately it is now clear to me how fucked up our world is. It's enough to turn a man to drink.....
post #12 of 12 Old 22nd March 2017, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Well I'm gonna get it done with the next month and I'll post all the stats up when I do on another post I think it'll be fun to do

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode