• 2 Post By julianwhitta
  • 1 Post By Eamonn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 19th March 2017, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Omfg new used car is a lemon

Hey guys after buying my A5 SB black edition from the biggest dealer in the UK, i have major issues.
After getting the car iIlooked at the service history on to find the last owner was a company that does daily prestige rentals, basically rent the car daily or long term, to add to this the same company also used it for chauffer drives and special occasions.

Also iIhave discovered that the bonnet has been resprayed by audi along with the bumper ( good spray if I am honest) I but on closer inspection of the rest of the car the nsr quarter panel has been quite poorly sprayed, most wouldn't noticed but i can see it clearly.

I paid once finished the finance agreement 22300. The car has 33k on the clocks, and is a 2013 model.

I know iIcan reject the car within 30 days within the UK, what the heck am I gonna do as i sold my c class just days ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 19th March 2017, 10:18 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)

Garage
Man, if you can return the car, do it! Buying a secondhand car with a couple of previous owners is one thing. Buying one that's had, potentially, hundreds of drivers is a whole different thing! Run!
plat27265 and Ben Taylor like this.

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
post #3 of 26 Old 19th March 2017, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Garage
Take back or ask for money to be knocked off. As for the paint work, I think you should have assessed this in the show room and I'm sure you'd be happy to live with this if it wasn't;t for the previous owner thing. i'm surprised Audi would buy back a car like this BUT they may have bought from an auction etc

Plenty more cars in the sea for that money! I just bought a 14 plate Cabriolet S Special edition 25k miles 18,000 fully loaded.

post #4 of 26 Old 19th March 2017, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Personally I'd return the car and tell them how it is and if that's now your only car is rent for a car for a week just to give you time to find another car there's websites out there that do car rentals cheaply like sixt. Personally mate I've just seen a rs4 saloon for 14,500
post #5 of 26 Old 19th March 2017, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It wasn't a dealer south of London was it?
post #6 of 26 Old 20th March 2017, 02:56 AM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Garage
Yeah like the other guys say get the hell out......while you still can. You can surely find a better-looked-after A5 for similar money. Good luck!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
3.2 V6 FSI 2WD automatic S line.
19" Y spokes with Pirelli P-Zeros.
160,000km. Leather interior. Love it !!
Recently had the wheels refurbished, the bodywork polished, badges removed and fitted the pedal box booster. Full set of Brembo discs and pads and calipers repainted in silver. New carbon mirror covers.
post #7 of 26 Old 20th March 2017, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

I'd agree about enquiring about returning the car for a refund. Too many used cars on the market to not be fully satisfied with your purchase. If you aren't happy, ask the dealer for a refund or at least to put things right.

Regards
post #8 of 26 Old 20th March 2017, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Went over this morning armed with the info and the car also, got home and spoke to manager will not allow audi to fix must be them, oh and they don't give fudge about its past.

Put a 72 hr deadline on the acceptance of rejection, even though the law in the UK is 30 day, even if I allowed the repair and was bad can still reject it, boy is breaking the law 1 for miselling 2 rejecting my rights.

Wtf considering as he said cause it's a used car this is OK, so I told him what filler in a car this price nah sorry what a clown.
post #9 of 26 Old 20th March 2017, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by H5NND View Post
Hey guys after buying my A5 SB black edition from the biggest dealer in the UK, i have major issues.
After getting the car iIlooked at the service history on to find the last owner was a company that does daily prestige rentals, basically rent the car daily or long term, to add to this the same company also used it for chauffer drives and special occasions.

Also iIhave discovered that the bonnet has been resprayed by audi along with the bumper ( good spray if I am honest) I but on closer inspection of the rest of the car the nsr quarter panel has been quite poorly sprayed, most wouldn't noticed but i can see it clearly.

I paid once finished the finance agreement 22300. The car has 33k on the clocks, and is a 2013 model.

I know iIcan reject the car within 30 days within the UK, what the heck am I gonna do as i sold my c class just days ago.

It's a shame to hear that, mate! The dealer wasn't Car Giant by any chance, was it?

T.

2008 AUDI A5 COUPE | 2.0 TFSI | METALLIC TOPAZ BLUE

Let the mods begin...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Contact trading standards teach them a lesson
post #11 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 05:08 AM
Supporting Member

Garage
Goodness sounds like good ol' Arthur Daley!!!!! Trading standard will have a wonderful time with this jerk!!!!!

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.
Recently had the wheels refurbished, the bodywork polished, badges removed and fitted the pedal box booster. Full set of Brembo discs and pads and calipers repainted in silver. New carbon mirror covers.
post #12 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

no not car giant, bigger.

Already been on to trading standards.

So i am allowing a repair but of course i do not have to accept after, i can still reject so lets see where this goes lol.

I can live with a repair, i have had and seen brand new cars repaired and if approved etc then should not be an issue with a used in all fairness. Not ideal but not a dealbreaker.

When i get the car back i am also going to check the mileage, i already did the usual hpi, and mot history etc but of course as long as the person clocks it before the mot and not lower than last is impossible to check other than with vcds, but i dont know how thorough some of these units that people use to clock, i know the obdstar vagpro does this and takes around 25mins on even the newest vag cars, changes the mileage in every location.

But i am uncertain if it is that thorough, time will tell and a heads up if vcds can find it in the abs module if i prompt a fault. I have vcds, vagcom and also obdstar vagpro, so should hopefully come up with something.

If anyone has checked via vcds all advice would be welcome, cos if this has been clocked its press time lol.

I may still reject, and ask for an identical replacement.

Last edited by H5NND; 21st March 2017 at 11:59 AM.
post #13 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)

Car giant turnover was just over 550m in 2015...that wouldn't get them into the top 20.
Pendragon group 4,453.9m in the same year. Syntner not far behind......

Sober since 1st January 2016......unfortunately it is now clear to me how fucked up our world is. It's enough to turn a man to drink.....
post #14 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)

Garage
Reject it, if it's been a hire car you just know it's been ragged.
Ben Taylor likes this.

Beep beep.
post #15 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Yeah but if i reject it this is going to make get more finance for such a large amount so soon very difficult, this is such a pain in thee ass
post #16 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Not worth the risk on an ex-hire car. I'd be forever worried about how it had been treated.
post #17 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 03:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackingman View Post
Car giant turnover was just over 550m in 2015...that wouldn't get them into the top 20.
Pendragon group 4,453.9m in the same year. Syntner not far behind......

...And here I am thinking Car Giant was a massive car company! 😩😂

T.

Let the mods begin...
post #18 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys out of curiosity what mpg are you returning on the 2.0 tdi cvt auto 143 bhp??
post #19 of 26 Old 21st March 2017, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

This particular dealer made 3.35 billion in 2015 so it ain't like they are small but as is usually the case when any company gets too big customer care and standards drop.
post #20 of 26 Old 22nd March 2017, 03:09 AM

Garage
Damn Arnold Clark!

T.

Let the mods begin...
post #21 of 26 Old 22nd March 2017, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

lol, update.

Just called Audi asking for a verification of service history, all good.

Also asked about the cvt gearbox oil change price and mileage its needed, they said 38k i mention i was told it was 40k but they say no its 38k.

Waiting for the repair and will take it from there should only be a few days, if unacceptable will be rejected and will go elsewhere for thee exact same model and colour.

Spoke to finance company making them aware of situation, they have said as the first payment has not been made rejecting will be a lot easier, but as is the case with many of these finance deals etc the car dealer hides behind the fact that the car technically belongs to the finance company and is their responsibility, the dealer again technically does not have to do a thing. They will say that i did not buy the car from them ( dealer ) instead i bought from finance company.

Everyone should be aware of this.

This whole situation is a royal headache, and dulling the fun of owning the car.............

I just hope for their sake the work done is ok as i am mega fussy.

Am already looking in other places/garages for another and will if i have to buy elsewhere.

I have already found a few, 3.0 tdi auto Black Edition same spec and excellent condition as well a others.

Last edited by H5NND; 22nd March 2017 at 08:54 AM.
post #22 of 26 Old 23rd March 2017, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Garage
Keep us posted! It HAS to be right as I'm assuming you'll be paying 300+ monthly over the course of a few years.

Any doubts, push back!
post #23 of 26 Old 23rd March 2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

yeah closer to 400, just called for an update and have said Monday so roll on then.............zzz zz z.
post #24 of 26 Old 28th March 2017, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

OMFG!! car back body is excellent, one major issue though, these f***ing clowns have fitted the wrong tyre to my car.

We had agreed that the NSF tyre needed changed so happy days new tyres all round as the rest were brand new, but as i was drinking my coffee at work in a nice new underground car park i noticed the tyre look weird, i knew in my mind somit was well wrong.

Checked the tyre size and can you believe they have stretched on a 225 which should be a 255 omfg, now the shite hits the fan......... as driving the car and in the unlikely event i have an accident an insurer can nil and void your insurance..... you honestly could not write a better one......

We are here for a good time, not a long time, get an Audi A5

Last edited by H5NND; 28th March 2017 at 11:04 PM.
post #25 of 26 Old 29th March 2017, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

result, being collected and changed today supposedly........

We are here for a good time, not a long time, get an Audi A5
post #26 of 26 Old 29th March 2017, 04:27 AM
Supporting Member

Garage
Goodness, what a series of mistakes from these clowns. Good luck!!!

Silver 2008 A5 coupe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode