1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.wreckless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

turbos and remap

Hi I've got quite a few questions to ask cause I can't find any definite answers so here they are:

I own a Audi A5 2.0tfsi 180ps s line special edition start stop

1. Is there anyway of putting a turbo in my car, I've seen a k04 from apr but it says drive train is Quattro so does that mean I can't have on and if not is there any other turbo I can fit?

2. I'm looking for a reputable remapping dealership and I only ever see for my car is stage 2 remap, I never see any stage 3 do my car, is that the highest remap I can get?

3. I'd like some mods to put onto my car to make it look nice so does anyone have any ideas, so far I have plasti-dipped alloys, grill in matte black, I'm looking at a spoiler from rdx (I know it won't help the car but it looks nice) and I need a rear diffuser/valence for my car because I'm soon going to be getting a new cat back system with quad exhaust and as you know my car only has one exit hole. What else could I put on my car to make it look nicer and if not perform better.

4. Last question(sorry it's so long) so the furture things I need to do to my car for stage 2 is: sports cart back system with high flow downpipe (quoted 800). Induction kit revo (180) and last
Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler for 2008+ Audi A4/A5 ($850) are all these prices a good price and what else do I need. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)

1. Your car already has a turbo..?

I would have thought, without being 100% certain, that the APR K04 kit would fit, the car being quattro or not doesn't change the exhaust manifold and turbo integration layout. I would enquire APR about this fitting your car if you want it. I'm sure it FITS, whether it's suitable to add that much power to a non-quattro car is another matter.

2. I'm not too savvy as to the specifics of what people call stage 1/2/3 and what they entail. I'd make sure you know what has been put on your car and suggest you take it to a reputable re-mapper who will tailor the map to your specific car and it's mods, especially if you have put aftermarket stuff on it. IMO don't get too hung up on the mere wording of Stage "whatever".
-> modify your car -> get a vehicle/mod specific map = end of story

Disclose your location and I'm sure those close to you will let you know who to go to for a decent re-map.

3. The world is your oyster as to what sort of cosmetics you'd like to fit to enhance your car. Front and rear bumpers exist from different aftermarket manufacturers as well as diffusers. ABT, Rieger, Xenonz, Caractere, Liberty Walk and Deval are big names when it comes to cosmetics and body kits. Do a search via google and see what takes your fancy.

4. For power upgrades I think you're onto a good idea with intake, intercooler, turbo, sports-cat and exhaust. Add the previously discussed re-map and I don't really see what else you could do bar going the extreme route of water/meth injection. I can't tell you if the prices are good or not, it's again location specific IMO. All I can say is I'd be hesitant to put suspiciously cheap parts on what is a relatively expensive car. You usually get what you pay for, though of course there is no need to pay overprice for stuff either. Tuning is expensive!

Regards
DrEskimo likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to enquirer about the apr k04 today it's not something I'd rush to get but it is something I'd look at getting in the future. I only think it wouldn't fit due it maybe it's specifically made for the Quattro model, like the power would be to much and there would be lots of wheel spin when putting my foot down.

Yeah your right there about the stages my goal has always been around 350bhp, if that's possible then I'd be happy.

I'm from Leeds in the United Kingdom somif anyone does have any good places to remap that wouldn't be great, I've only looked at apr and revo remap.

post #4 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 10:33 AM

Well, I'd have thought both APR and Revo, whilst both reputable, would only provide generic maps to your car. Nothing wrong with them though.

Tbh, if your goal is 350, I'd honestly look into spending the K04 turbo money on a V6S S5 instead. It's Quattro won't spin the wheels away all the time.

The UK have it easy when it comes to cars, plenty of re-mappers around and the modification scene is rich and costs are low (relative to other European countries). You're going to have a field day tuning your car!

Ultimately, what you want to do and how you want to spend your money is up to you, but I've given my .02 cents.

Regards
post #5 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 10:33 AM

Well, I'd have thought both APR and Revo, whilst both reputable, would only provide generic maps to your car. Nothing wrong with them though.

Tbh, if your goal is 350, I'd honestly look into spending the K04 turbo money on a V6S S5 instead. It's Quattro won't spin the wheels away all the time.

The UK have it easy when it comes to cars, plenty of re-mappers around and the modification scene is rich and costs are low (relative to other European countries). You're going to have a field day tuning your car!

Ultimately, what you want to do and how you want to spend your money is up to you, but I've given my .02 cents.

Regards
post #6 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I appreciate the advice tbh it's been a big help. The thing is with the car is it's mine but it won't fully be mine for another 3 years so I'm paying monthly for it so switching to another car won't be good for me I'll be losing a good amount of money on it won't i. I know the car is going to last a long time mileage wise cause it's only got 20,000miles on it which is really good, would a turbo increase any value to the car for re sale or would it not help that much
post #7 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)

Garage
If it's on finance, it's worth checking the small print about modifications...

But I echo Mr W's advice. Mainly because I did exactly what he advises, chopped the A5 in for a S5. Appreciate that's not an option for you at this time though.

Some ideas for cosmetic mods in my old build thread:

DrEskimos Build Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t

Current: Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Black Ed. (65) - Sepang Blue

Sold: Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Sport (09) - Phantom Black
post #8 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 12:46 PM

I doubt you'll add any resale value, the only value would be to yourself and you have to make up your own mind whether if you think it's worth it or not.

If you're adamant on keeping the car I'd leave the engine alone for now and just do a (ugh) stage 1 remap first and see how you like it before you throw more money at it. Perhaps consider some cosmetic upgrades before diving deeper into the wallet for that turbo upgrade.

Regards
post #9 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post
If it's on finance, it's worth checking the small print about modifications...

But I echo Mr W's advice. Mainly because I did exactly what he advises, chopped the A5 in for a S5. Appreciate that's not an option for you at this time though.

Some ideas for cosmetic mods in my old build thread:

DrEskimos Build Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
Yeah I defiantly won't be looking at getting a new one until the finance is payed off or until it kicks the bucket. I always did want a s5 but when I saw the prices it wasn't worth it and I wanted something with good mileage on it
post #10 of 10 Old 19th March 2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.wreckless View Post
I doubt you'll add any resale value, the only value would be to yourself and you have to make up your own mind whether if you think it's worth it or not.

If you're adamant on keeping the car I'd leave the engine alone for now and just do a (ugh) stage 1 remap first and see how you like it before you throw more money at it. Perhaps consider some cosmetic upgrades before diving deeper into the wallet for that turbo upgrade.

Regards
Yeah there's still a few things I want to do cosmetically to it but I'll defiantly take your advice on that. I'll look at getting a stage 1 then look at some cosmetic changes to it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode