Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Hi guys!
I'm new to the a5 forum, so I thought I'd post a few pictures of my new car, had about 2 weeks, loving it so far
It's a 2.0tfsi special edition coupe in phantom black!

post #3 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

First wash

And felt the need to take some pictures of it next to my mates 535d, as were now growing up and getting boy boy cars

post #4 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)

Garage
Lovely mate! Congrats!

Looks very familiar, although yours is a bit smarter than my old A5

Saying that my old car used to have much nicer looking exhaust tips

Current: Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Black Ed. (65) - Sepang Blue

Sold: Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Sport (09) - Phantom Black
post #5 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEskimo View Post
Lovely mate! Congrats!

Looks very familiar, although yours is a bit smarter than my old A5

Saying that my old car used to have much nicer looking exhaust tips

Thanks mate, I absolutely love it!

Yeah I know
They were awful.. I've cleaned them up with some wire wool and autosol, but they're still not perfect so they'll be getting replaced

post #6 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 04:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrw2311 View Post
Thanks mate, I absolutely love it!

Yeah I know
They were awful.. I've cleaned them up with some wire wool and autosol, but they're still not perfect so they'll be getting replaced

Aahhhhhh......I'll let you off then

Not wishing to piss on ones bonfire, but have you looked into the oil consumption issues that unfortunately plague the pre-FL 2.0TFSI? Thankfully now its just a minor inconvenience, but something to look out for and familiarise yourself with, should the problem ever occur...

2.0 TFSI Oil consumption problem - summary and FAQ

post #7 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Aahhhhhh......I'll let you off then

Not wishing to piss on ones bonfire, but have you looked into the oil consumption issues that unfortunately plague the pre-FL 2.0TFSI? Thankfully now its just a minor inconvenience, but something to look out for and familiarise yourself with, should the problem ever occur...

2.0 TFSI Oil consumption problem - summary and FAQ

Good
It's on the list of many things to do haha..

Yeah I have, I read up on this before collecting the car, and the oil level on mine has gone from full to zero(on the MMI) in about 550 miles, so I've called Audi and got it booked in for the test on the 8th, I'm just hoping they'll pay out for it and I won't have to

post #8 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 04:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrw2311 View Post
Good
It's on the list of many things to do haha..

Yeah I have, I read up on this before collecting the car, and the oil level on mine has gone from full to zero(on the MMI) in about 550 miles, so I've called Audi and got it booked in for the test on the 8th, I'm just hoping they'll pay out for it and I won't have to

Awesome! Yea if it's got FASH and not been tinkered with, you should have no troubles at all. Make sure they don't try and pull a fast one on you and let them know your paying diddly squat to fix their mistake!

Mine was all dandy after the fix for the 10/15k miles I drove it before selling it on. Never even went down one notch on the MMI.

post #9 of 17 Old 22nd August 2016, 04:25 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)

Garage
Welcome aboard, Mrw. That's a good looking car you've got yourself. Be merciless with Audi over the oil consumption. The order of the day is ANB - Accept No Bullshit!

2012 (fl) A5 Coupe 2.0 TFSI Quattro S-line, Lava Grey
post #10 of 17 Old 23rd August 2016, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Awesome! Yea if it's got FASH and not been tinkered with, you should have no troubles at all. Make sure they don't try and pull a fast one on you and let them know your paying diddly squat to fix their mistake!

Mine was all dandy after the fix for the 10/15k miles I drove it before selling it on. Never even went down one notch on the MMI.

That's the my only concern really, It does have FSH, but the last two weren't done at an Audi main dealer, just an independent garage, so I'm not sure if they'll use this as an excuse to not cover it
But the car is completely 100% standard, which is why I want to get it sorted before I get cracking with the mods!

post #11 of 17 Old 23rd August 2016, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianwhitta View Post
Welcome aboard, Mrw. That's a good looking car you've got yourself. Be merciless with Audi over the oil consumption. The order of the day is ANB - Accept No Bullshit!

Thanks man, was looking for ages and finally found the perfect one

I shall, I'll be telling them I know of many people in the same situation who have had it sorted

post #12 of 17 Old 16th February 2017, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Haven't been on here in a while so thought I'd post a little update!

I haven't really done much at the moment, I've changed all the bulbs to LEDS, 6000k headlights and had air fitted
Really happy with it now just needs wheels!

post #13 of 17 Old 16th February 2017, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Garage
Hi mate how did it cost to get all the bulbs changed to LED and have the 6k headlights?

Its VERY low!! Are you having problems with that? I just bought H&R 25mm lowering springs going on with 19" wheels.

Those Y spoke alloys you have really suit the car, I wouldn't bother changing them!

Looks good though, keep posting updates

2012 A5 2.0TDI (B8.5) Special Edition Technik, Facelift model, Phantom Black, Manual Gearbox, H&R 25mm springs, Samsung white LED headlights
post #14 of 17 Old 16th February 2017, 06:46 PM
Supporting Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

What a nice ride Mrw2311.......love the tail lights especially...unfortunately in that regard I reside in the U.S.....a country that's been obsessed and remains obsessed with the color Amber since the 1960's. Uncle Sugar also for some reason seems to have an unhealthy disdain for certain kinds of trailing or "chasing" LED turn signal lights. And that is really too bad because you guys across the pond and elsewhere truly "own" the very best of the best when it comes to elegant and just plain awesome automotive lighting....especially in the Audi arena. Do your turn signals "trail" or 'chase" like some of the euro versions do? That is just such an elegantly simple touch that I really wish my Audi's had.

Your car really shines after that wash.....the Audi 5 series just might have the nicest curves of any car ever made....but then we all know that...that's why we bought them.

Your wheels are really nice too....I'm wondering what's not to like about them? I'll probably get rung up real hard for this one but I would Flexidip those wheels in a minute (with maybe 10 good coats when it warms up a bit this spring or early summer) .....maybe a black \ graphite mix.....and that just might look pretty freaking nice as long as you stay away from curbs. If you don't like it peel it off...no harm no foul. But I'd put those wheels on my 5 with no regret at all. I'm just too paranoid about these Pittsburgh city curbs to shell out a small fortune on aftermarket wheels. So I go "ghetto" and every couple years clean them down to the alloy and then dip them. If done correctly it stays really nice for more than a couple years.....and I avoid the sheer anxiety that dinging up expensive aftermarket wheels would surely cause.....no matter HOW careful one is......at least in this town I live in......it is SO easy to scrape a curb or get nicked up by these narrow brick streets.

But for sure that's a nice curvaceous car you have.....I would have a bit of trouble from time to time with the steering wheel where yours is located though......my girlfriend is left handed....and rarely in the mood to be taught new tricks.
post #15 of 17 Old 16th February 2017, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Nice car !
Mrw2311 likes this.

A5 Coupé '08
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Contact me for rear LED adapters and other wire harnasses for retrofitting.
post #16 of 17 Old 17th February 2017, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDavies View Post
Hi mate how did it cost to get all the bulbs changed to LED and have the 6k headlights?

Its VERY low!! Are you having problems with that? I just bought H&R 25mm lowering springs going on with 19" wheels.

Those Y spoke alloys you have really suit the car, I wouldn't bother changing them!

Looks good though, keep posting updates

Thanks mate, I'm not really sure how much it cost in total because I upgraded them in bits, I'd probably say about 100/150 all in total really.

I don't have any problems because it's on air, so any bumps or cambered roads I just raise up

Yeah thanks mate, the Y spokes will do for now until I can afford better wheels, just spaced them all round with h&r 20mm front 25mm rear and look so much better as you can see

post #17 of 17 Old 17th February 2017, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wood View Post
What a nice ride Mrw2311.......love the tail lights especially...unfortunately in that regard I reside in the U.S.....a country that's been obsessed and remains obsessed with the color Amber since the 1960's. Uncle Sugar also for some reason seems to have an unhealthy disdain for certain kinds of trailing or "chasing" LED turn signal lights. And that is really too bad because you guys across the pond and elsewhere truly "own" the very best of the best when it comes to elegant and just plain awesome automotive lighting....especially in the Audi arena. Do your turn signals "trail" or 'chase" like some of the euro versions do? That is just such an elegantly simple touch that I really wish my Audi's had.

Your car really shines after that wash.....the Audi 5 series just might have the nicest curves of any car ever made....but then we all know that...that's why we bought them.

Your wheels are really nice too....I'm wondering what's not to like about them? I'll probably get rung up real hard for this one but I would Flexidip those wheels in a minute (with maybe 10 good coats when it warms up a bit this spring or early summer) .....maybe a black \ graphite mix.....and that just might look pretty freaking nice as long as you stay away from curbs. If you don't like it peel it off...no harm no foul. But I'd put those wheels on my 5 with no regret at all. I'm just too paranoid about these Pittsburgh city curbs to shell out a small fortune on aftermarket wheels. So I go "ghetto" and every couple years clean them down to the alloy and then dip them. If done correctly it stays really nice for more than a couple years.....and I avoid the sheer anxiety that dinging up expensive aftermarket wheels would surely cause.....no matter HOW careful one is......at least in this town I live in......it is SO easy to scrape a curb or get nicked up by these narrow brick streets.

But for sure that's a nice curvaceous car you have.....I would have a bit of trouble from time to time with the steering wheel where yours is located though......my girlfriend is left handed....and rarely in the mood to be taught new tricks.

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words.
My car doesn't have the indicators your on about, dynamic indicators was never available on any b8/b8.5 Audi, however they have introduced it on the B9, as much as I'd love to have them because as you say they look quality

I spent a long time cleaning and waxing this to get it to look like this, a treatment it gets every week

I thought about changing the wheels to like an anthracite/graphite grey, but wasn't sure how the quality of plastidip would come out to be honest?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode